I get sicker by the minute

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
When I stop to realize that the useless five (5) game winning streak may have staved off the move to Lincoln Riley.

Actually if the cowboys lose and miss the playoffs both Garrett and linehan could get axed.

Losing in the situation we are in now is way worse than your typical losing season.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
When I stop to realize that the useless five (5) game winning streak may have staved off the move to Lincoln Riley.

It's the same way I feel when I realize being married kept me from dating Kate Beckinsale during the original Underworld movie debut.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
College coaches aren't guaranteed to be successful in the NFL, as Nick Saban and Steve Spurrier proves. Pete Carrollis successful, but you just never know how some coaches will transition from college to the NFL

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only adjustment we can make now is you fire linehan and let Jason take over there would be immediate improvement in play calling without hardly any adjustments to the offense

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The only adjustment we can make now is you fire linehan and let Jason take over there would be immediate improvement in play calling without hardly any adjustments to the offense
I doubt there would be immediate improvement in play calling. Garrett was awful at it. It's why he was removed from that job and the plays Scott calls is Jason's anyway. We need a whole new offensive scheme.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I doubt there would be immediate improvement in play calling. Garrett was awful at it. It's why he was removed from that job and the plays Scott calls is Jason's anyway. We need a whole new offensive scheme.
No and NO Romo had some good years under Garrett. This offense is all Scotts, not Jasons.
Don't get me wrong I don't want either. But it's the omly mave we could make at this point, and anybody is better than Scott.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A. We would not be in position to win the East if not for that 5 game winning streak, so its not totally meaningless unless you consider a division title meaningless.

B. You are assuming that if we didnt make the playoffs Garrett would have been fired and Lincoln Riley would have been hired. I have seen no evidence of either of those happening. It should be crystal clear to everybody on this board that Garrett's job is not dependent on the wins and losses record of the team, otherwise he would have been fired years ago.

The only way Garrett gets fired is if the team turns into a total train wreck, like 4-12 type of season. Garrett aint getting fired for going 8-8 and missing the playoffs. This should be crystal clear for every poster on this board by now.

I disagree with that. If he ends the season with a meltdown and three game losing streak and manages to bungle winning this sad division? Yeah, he's getting fired. Jerry Jones has seen for himself what the player talent on this team can do. And he's seen enough of that talent underachieveing under Garrett and his assistants' coaching.

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
Lincoln Riley isn't the answer. He hasn't had to use his players yet, they are still Stopps' players. I'd prefer to not go after the young college hotshot but rather a hardnose NFL vet like Cowher, or someone similar.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
No and NO Romo had some good years under Garrett. This offense is all Scotts, not Jasons.
Don't get me wrong I don't want either. But it's the omly mave we could make at this point, and anybody is better than Scott.
Unless you count blowing big leads and continuing 8-8 seasons as good then I guess you're right. But I did read these were all Jason's plays. It's just that Scott is calling them.

aikemirv

Reaction score

Another reason I was so against the Cooper trade. I was wrong about the value for value of the trade but it produced an excuse to keep the staff.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
-----The season isn't over yet, so it's unknown whether those 5 wins are useless or not.

Trust me...they are fools gold. Have you not seen this movie before?
The playoffs are the measuring stick in two key ways-
1. Making the playoffs.
2. Winning at least two games in the playoffs.

Those two things will measure this team and its season. As you said Mannix, the 5 game winning streak will only have meaning if they make the playoffs and do something.

CWR

Reaction score

Rub some dirt on it and rest up for next week. That one loss doesn't take precedence over a 5 game win streak. It all depends on how we rebound from it.

CWR

Reaction score
Actually if the cowboys lose and miss the playoffs both Garrett and linehan could get axed.

Losing in the situation we are in now is way worse than your typical losing season.

I agree. We will either make the playoffs or Garrett is fired. Worse case scenario is we back in to the playoffs and get dumped in round one. Which is why I really hope we play balls to the wall from here on out. Its also why Philly and the Skins winning doesn't bother me one bit.