I get you guys are down but this division race isn't over yet

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I know most don't want to hear that after a tough loss like that but this race isn't over.

For those that think it's over after today....did you have the Cowboys sweeping the Eagles? I personally had us 1-1 just like last year. Now what this loss does do is make that a must-win if you continue to win of course. This was the argument I Was making all week when people were calling this a must-win. It wasn't. Sure it would've been nice to sweep the Eagles but that wasn't realistic. The goal was to take 1-1.

They have Chiefs, Bills, 49ers, Cowboys and Seahawks...which includes trips to Seattle and Arrowhead which are typically tough places to play. And at this point maybe you should at Jerry's world to that list because shockingly they are on a 11 game home win streak which I had no idea about until last week.

We have Giants, Panthers, Commanders and Seahawks before we meet back up.

So fans.....calm down. The trust test for these two teams hasn't even begun yet.

CWR

Reaction score
I know most don't want to hear that after a tough loss like that but this race isn't over.

For those that think it's over after today....did you have the Cowboys sweeping the Eagles? I personally had us 1-1 just like last year. Now what this loss does do is make that a must-win if you continue to win of course. This was the argument I Was making all week when people were calling this a must-win. It wasn't. Sure it would've been nice to sweep the Eagles but that wasn't realistic. The goal was to take 1-1.

They have Chiefs, Bills, 49ers, Cowboys and Seahawks...which includes trips to Seattle and Arrowhead which are typically tough places to play. And at this point maybe you should at Jerry's world to that list because shockingly they are on a 11 game home win streak which I had no idea about until last week.

So fans.....calm down. The trust test for these two teams hasn't even begun yet.

The impulse to abandon ship is strong here. I'll let it play out.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Our schedule gets brutal.

Need to stack some wins.

I see big changes in Feb/Mar 2024.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Our schedule gets brutal.

Need to stack some wins.

I see big changes in Feb/Mar 2024.
What changes? We have a front office who doesn't think the roster needs any improvement. They have a roster that doesn't feel the need to show up in big games and they are fine with it - as long as the games are competitive.

Nothing is going to change.

Last edited:

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
If we execute like we should prior to the rematch with the Eagles, it could be an all to play for game that last nights was being advertised as.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
What changes? We have a front office who doesn't think the roster needs any improvement. They have a roster that doesn't feel the need to show up in big games and they are fine with it - as long as the games are competitive.

Nothing is going to change.
The Cowboys turned up last night, they just got narrowly beaten in a road game against a legit opponent. The sky is not falling.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Agree 100%........

Qcard

Reaction score

We could be sitting at

Eagles 10-2 vs Cowboys 9-3 in Week 4 is very much possible...

Dak Hate is NOT about Football

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
You are correct we have another matchup with the eagles and our next 4 games are games we should have a great shot to win but then after the eagles we have in some order ; bills, dolphins, lions. Then before the eagles a game with Seattle.

While you may be correct when we play Philly our record could only have 1 more loss- it’s hard to think (until we see different against good teams) that we won’t lose at least one of that 3 game stretch or more. I’m not a doom and gloom guy but until we see actual wins against quality teams- hard to think we will win the division especially when Philly would have already had there hard stretches by then.

Wildcard is also still very much in play also.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
It's an uphill battle now. This game would've helped a lot.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The division has been decided. Not because the Eagles can't lose enough games for a 5-3 team to catch them. They have nearly lost 4 or 5 this year. They are far from unstoppable. It's because this Cowboys team is incapable of closing out strong over the last 9 games. They will drop multiple games.

So the Eagles have snapped the no repeat division winners streak. It's a foregone conclusion.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The division has been decided. Not because the Eagles can't lose enough games for a 5-3 team to catch them. They have nearly lost 4 or 5 this year. They are far from unstoppable. It's because this Cowboys team is incapable of closing out strong over the last 9 games. They will drop multiple games.

So the Eagles have snapped the no repeat division winners streak. It's a foregone conclusion.
Yea it would take a collapse on Egirls part. Hurts going out could help.

But 2 1/2 games down and behind currently on tiebreaker is going to need much more help than splitting series.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
You guys need to give your head a shake. No team will ever get far with a trash secondary like the Eagles. They can easily be had. They are the luckiest 8 and 1 team. But luck runs out. If we aren’t going anywhere this year, I sure hope that their descent starts now. They sure as hell won’t be winning a Super Bowl this year. Ravens, Bengals and Chiefs would destroy them.

LittleD

Reaction score

You wrong... It was over when the Boys laid that egg in SF. Dak will never come up big in big games. Fat Mike isn't that great either. Just one more lost year under the Jerry era.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’d be rooting for us to get 5 th seed. That would be another matchup with lowly South winner.

Then we can root for Seattle to win the West with 3rd seed and hope a 6th seed SF upset them and have to face Phil.

And we would go on the road to 2nd seeded Detroit . That’s our best case scenario I think to root for at this point .