I get you guys are down but this division race isn't over yet

Cowboy1121

Reaction score
I know most don't want to hear that after a tough loss like that but this race isn't over.

For those that think it's over after today....did you have the Cowboys sweeping the Eagles? I personally had us 1-1 just like last year. Now what this loss does do is make that a must-win if you continue to win of course. This was the argument I Was making all week when people were calling this a must-win. It wasn't. Sure it would've been nice to sweep the Eagles but that wasn't realistic. The goal was to take 1-1.

They have Chiefs, Bills, 49ers, Cowboys and Seahawks...which includes trips to Seattle and Arrowhead which are typically tough places to play. And at this point maybe you should at Jerry's world to that list because shockingly they are on a 11 game home win streak which I had no idea about until last week.

We have Giants, Panthers, Commanders and Seahawks before we meet back up.

So fans.....calm down. The trust test for these two teams hasn't even begun yet.
I totally agree. We still have half of season to play. The beagles and 49ers are banged up and have a tough next 5 games so relax

Jipper

Reaction score
Some of yall are delusional- we blew it last night plain and simple - we will make the WC and lose either there or in the divisional round

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know most don't want to hear that after a tough loss like that but this race isn't over.

For those that think it's over after today....did you have the Cowboys sweeping the Eagles? I personally had us 1-1 just like last year. Now what this loss does do is make that a must-win if you continue to win of course. This was the argument I Was making all week when people were calling this a must-win. It wasn't. Sure it would've been nice to sweep the Eagles but that wasn't realistic. The goal was to take 1-1.

They have Chiefs, Bills, 49ers, Cowboys and Seahawks...which includes trips to Seattle and Arrowhead which are typically tough places to play. And at this point maybe you should at Jerry's world to that list because shockingly they are on a 11 game home win streak which I had no idea about until last week.

So fans.....calm down. The trust test for these two teams hasn't even begun yet.
We lost to the Cards so I wouldn’t be so quick to chalk up 3 wins in those 4 games.

khiladi

Reaction score
The division has been decided. Not because the Eagles can't lose enough games for a 5-3 team to catch them. They have nearly lost 4 or 5 this year. They are far from unstoppable. It's because this Cowboys team is incapable of closing out strong over the last 9 games. They will drop multiple games.

So the Eagles have snapped the no repeat division winners streak. It's a foregone conclusion.
Eagles secondary is awful this year. They are 25th on third down defense and they gave up a bunch of third and longs last night. They are third in air yards given up.

Adreme

Reaction score
Yet they clamped down when they needed to because Dallas doesn't have a big game QB
When did this imaginary clamping down occur? Dak had his way with the secondary and it took some horrendous blocking by Steele or the Cowboys win that game by multiple scores

Aven8

Reaction score
You never know. SF looked unstoppable and lost 3 straight. Miami and Buffalo as well. It’s a long season

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What changes? We have a front office who doesn't think the roster needs any improvement. They have a roster that doesn't feel the need to show up in big games and they are fine with it - as long as the games are competitive.

Nothing is going to change.
They didn’t show up yesterday?

EversonIWasAYoungBoy

Reaction score
When did this imaginary clamping down occur? Dak had his way with the secondary and it took some horrendous blocking by Steele or the Cowboys win that game by multiple scores
The imaginary clamping down occurred twice in the last 4 minutes.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We lost to the Cards so I wouldn’t be so quick to chalk up 3 wins in those 4 games.
Man the Cards was a fluke loss where we were missing Diggs and our 3 offensive linemen. It’s clear this team is playing at a different level. I’ll give you the 9ers.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You wrong... It was over when the Boys laid that egg in SF. Dak will never come up big in big games. Fat Mike isn't that great either. Just one more lost year under the Jerry era.
Your season isn’t over after one game some of y’all man lol…..

khiladi

Reaction score
Yet they clamped down when they needed to because Dallas doesn't have a big game QB
Sam Howell threw for 397 yards, 4 TDs and 1 pick, with a 75% completion rate 2 weeks back against them.

The first catch to Lamb on I believe it was a 4th and 1, the Eagles had Eli Ricks, an undrafted corner 1 on 1 in man. And as expected, Lamb shook him completely out of his boots. Dallas motioned him and Ricks followed and it was obvious Lamb was isolated on him and Dak was going to him from he snap.

Most of these plays by Dak were basically him breaking out the pocket, doing street ball stuff, with minimum decision making. This isn’t a recipe in the long run and your actually seeing Dak rely too much on it. Look at the second throw “to Ferguson”. He just threw it into coverage after breaking pocket and got lucky. He actually pulled down off the read he was looking at, which was Cooks who was open on the slant for the first. He was looking at Cooks and didn’t even throw it.

And his decision making proved once again his IQ is mediocre.

Last edited:

baltcowboy

Reaction score

One game at a time. Let’s take care of the Giants but you are right, the division is far from over.

snadler

Reaction score
Here’s my question to all of these kinds of posts, since 1995 name me one time this franchise had one of these losses and magically fixed their problems with coaching, discipline, etc to make you believe THiS time is different? It’s literally ground hogs day, same thing happens over and over and over, whether it’s week 9, week 16, divisional playoff round.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man the Cards was a fluke loss where we were missing Diggs and our 3 offensive linemen. It’s clear this team is playing at a different level. I’ll give you the 9ers.
And the Cards were missing their starting QB. Cards are 1-8. We have no excuse and it just shows you that we can lose to anybody.