I guess Henson will be back after next week

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Charles said:
Talk is cheap. Let see how confident some of you guys are in your opinions.

How about a bet?

I bet Drew Henson doesn't make the final 53 man roster after training camp in 2006.

Should you chose to accept this bet and lose, the ramifications will be NO POSTING on this forum with your current handle for the month of September '06. Of course the bet is conditioned that I accept YOUR ramifications should Henson make the team.

Any takers........

I accept

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
The Answer said:
That bet is a bit extreme. As much as Henson is struggling, I still think his spot on this roster as the 3rd QB is pretty much guaranteed...at least for 2006. After all we did spend a 3rd rounder on him and unless the front office pursues a veteran this summer, I think Henson is safe. We have our starter and Romo is the clear cut back up right now. Henson will be inactive most of the season anyway.

Now if he has another unimpressive training camp than I would imagine he wouldn't even have a chance to compete next summer because he probably would be released outright after this season.

~The Answer
Many folks also thought it was a bit too extreme when I thought Dan Campbell was a beat down player going into the 2005 season.

Though Henson is not as beat down as Dan Campbell, that knee injury suffered in NFLE is serious. That is the 1st significant injury he's had since breaking a bone in his foot at Michigan.

He's going to be rehabbing, leading up to camp. He's already behind as far as assimilating the system that Palmer will install. All the other QBs including the UDFA aren't thousands of miles away from the Ranch rehabbing. They are at Valley Ranch, healthy and working out with the team.

Henson should have been on a plane back to Valley Ranch the minute he got injured. A sprained MCL takes 2 months. The NFLE tour is over with only 3 games remaining at injury time.

Even before the injury I thought Henson would be behind the 8-ball going into Camp.

Anyway, No one thought an undrafted free agent in Romo could surpass Henson on the depth chart. I could easily see Jeff Mroz giving a gimpy Henson a run for that 3rd QB spot.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Charles said:
The tag line will have to be for the month of October because If I lose I'll have to honor rcaldw bet with my absence. Fair Ice.

fine, I'll put your ugly face in my avatar if I lose, for a month

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Charles said:
Though Henson is not as beat down as Dan Campbell, that knee injury suffered in NFLE is serious. That is the 1st significant injury he's had since breaking a bone in his foot at Michigan.

Anyway, No one thought an undrafted free agent in Romo could surpass Henson on the depth chart. I could easily see Jeff Mroz giving a gimpy Henson a run for that 3rd QB spot.

gimpy henson? a little over-zealous with your use of loose adjectives, are you not?

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:
gimpy henson? a little over-zealous with your use of loose adjectives, are you not?
Have you ever had a knee injury?

If anything gimpy is very mild.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Charles said:

dude, i'm 40 years old, 6'4 and 330lbs - i've had about any injury known to man by this time and so far hate heel spurs the most cause i can do the least about 'em.

i just think 'gimpy' is used to help demean henson cause you don't like him. if a qb you liked had a knee injury you'd NOT use gimpy to help create an illusion of a weaker qb.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Charles said:

6 surgeries on the right knee and 1 on the left. What I'm reading about his injury, I could be ready by TC and I'm 42.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:
dude, i'm 40 years old, 6'4 and 330lbs - i've had about any injury known to man by this time and so far hate heel spurs the most cause i can do the least about 'em.

i just think 'gimpy' is used to help demean henson cause you don't like him. if a qb you liked had a knee injury you'd NOT use gimpy to help create an illusion of a weaker qb.
I have nothing against Henson. Why wouldn't I like him? He's nothing to me or those I hold close and dear.

I didn't use the adjective "gimpy" to describe the player.........I was describing his condition coming off a knee injury.

He'll have to rebuild the strenght and confidence in the knee, while battling the other QBs on the roster.

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
Charles said:
Many folks also thought it was a bit too extreme when I thought Dan Campbell was a beat down player going into the 2005 season.

He's going to be rehabbing, leading up to camp. He's already behind as far as assimilating the system that Palmer will install. All the other QBs including the UDFA aren't thousands of miles away from the Ranch rehabbing. They are at Valley Ranch, healthy and working out with the team.

Henson should have been on a plane back to Valley Ranch the minute he got injured. A sprained MCL takes 2 months. The NFLE tour is over with only 3 games remaining at injury time.

Even before the injury I thought Henson would be behind the 8-ball going into Camp.

You could be right then if this injury is that serious. If this thing lingers and he's not 100% or able to play in camp than the front office might just opt to give Henson an injury settlement and waive him, or just place him on the IR for the season. Either way that wouldn't be good for Henson especially if he busts in TWO professional sports leagues. Can he play point guard?

~The Answer

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
6 surgeries on the right knee and 1 on the left. What I'm reading about his injury, I could be ready by TC and I'm 42.
and.............how many times did you proceed to plant on those knees to excute a pass, or run away from safety, LB or Dlineman after those 6 surgeries.

It's one thing to recover from knee surgeries then go about your day to day life........ walking from the fridge to the couch as compared to preparing for an NFL training camp.

I bet you could be ready by camp..............WHAT you do at camp is another issue all together.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
The Answer said:
You could be right then if this injury is that serious. If this thing lingers and he's not 100% or able to play in camp than the front office might just opt to give Henson an injury settlement and waive him, or just place him on the IR for the season. Either way that wouldn't be good for Henson especially if he busts in TWO professional sports leagues. Can he play point guard?

~The Answer
Any knee injury is serious, especially for an NFL player. Not to mention that this is Henson 1st major injury.

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
Charles said:
I have nothing against Henson. Why wouldn't I like him? He's nothing to me or those I hold close and dear.

I didn't use the adjective "gimpy" to describe the player.........I was describing his condition coming off a knee injury.

He'll have to rebuild the strenght and confidence in the knee, while battling the other QBs on the roster.

Since The Answer has been posting here he has come to understand that if you say anything that's perceived as 'negative' against the golden boy than you are deemed a 'troll', 'hater', or have an 'agenda' by the eyes of the Henson faithful, and they definitely outnumber the realists here. In fact I've already observed several users that resort to immature namecalling and other puerile shenanigans when they've been proved wrong.

This is very perplexing, especially since we have one of the best current active QB's starting for our team, and another young italian stallion backing him up. Where's the love for Romo? How come we aren't considering him 'the future'. This kid wasn't even drafted and looked great last summer in Oxnard. The Answer saw him first hand and was blown away by his play. Why is Henson such a big deal? The guy is playing in the minor leagues for goodness sakes. And there's no guarantees he's even going to make in this league even as a 3rd stringer.

Grape, Cherry, Orange, Kiwi Lime, Tropical Fusion....Just how many flavors of Henson-ade is there?

~The Answer

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Charles said:
and.............how many times did you proceed to plant on those knees to excute a pass, or run away from safety, LB or Dlineman after those 6 surgeries.
After the 1st one, which was by far the worst, I was in a wheel chair for 2 weeks, crutches for 6 months, and a cane for 18 months. That one tore the ACL, MCL, and everything else and my leg atrophied from 28" to 13".

All of the other surgeries have been minor sprains and cleanups like Henson suffered. I'd like to point out that he hasn't had surgery which is a good sign.

On all but one of those other 6 surgeries I was playing sports within 2 weeks.

Charles said:
It's one thing to recover from knee surgeries then go about your day to day life........ walking from the fridge to the couch as compared to preparing for an NFL training camp.
This is what you would do, not every other human being walking the planet.

Charles said:
I bet you could be ready by camp..............WHAT you do at camp is another issue all together.
I'd work my butt off. I suspect Henson will too. He played through an injury last year.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Charles said:
Any knee injury is serious, especially for an NFL player. Not to mention that this is Henson 1st major injury.
No it isn't on both counts. Not all knee injuries are serious and he has had injuries before. At Michigan and last year.

Austin28

Reaction score
iceberg said:
so how come *i* must provide proof, many times and under various circumstnaces, yet you can just blither away useless conjecture...

...nevermind nors.

Hilarious. Anything that goes against the general opinon of the board .. and it's automatically Nors or Banned_n_austin.

You may want to stop and think for a moment .. other people may have similiar opinions .. you may just be to one-tracked minded to grasp that though ...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Charles said:

it's easy to see how you feel by just reading what you post. gimpy wouldn't be used to a qb you liked to describe much of anything.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Austin28 said:
Hilarious. Anything that goes against the general opinon of the board .. and it's automatically Nors or Banned_n_austin.

You may want to stop and think for a moment .. other people may have similiar opinions.

maybe - but they normally fall into "the game" so quickly.

and i go against the general opinion all day long and i can do it w/o TRYING to rile people up - such as these people do.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
iceberg said:
maybe - but they normally fall into "the game" so quickly.

and i go against the general opinion all day long and i can do it w/o TRYING to rile people up - such as these people do.

Especially when it comes to Parcells or Bledsoe :D