I guess Henson will be back after next week

Doomsday101

Reaction score
iceberg said:
and i can view that as fair. i just think bledsoe needs more than average help and i don't think bp gave it to him. in the end it's bp i feel is evil incarnte so yea, that bleeds out to his choices and builds tunnels for me to look through.

I think BP has this team heading in the right direction and I think when he leaves he will leave behind a very good team. Not saying every move has been great but I don't know any coaches who are 100% right. This is one of the few jobs where guys go from genius to idiot over night in the eyes of the fans. I honestly believe BP knows what he is doing.
It is like the NFL commercial where the guys are saying as long as Homgren is here Seattle won’t do anything. Fans want it all now but it is not that easy.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
rcaldw said:
I'll take this one straight up, childish or not. :) I would welcome the opportunity to knock Charles off the board for a month.

Charles, are you in?

Henson makes the 53 man roster after this year's training camp, your off for September.

He gets cut... I'm off for September.

I want one priviso, however. It can't be because of injury, it has to be because of performance.

Agreed?
Nope zero priviso. Injuries are a part of the game. If the Cowboys are committed to Henson only a career threatening injury would get him off the roster like any other player.

The initial parameters stand. Do you accept or decline?

rcaldw

Reaction score
Charles said:
Nope zero priviso. Injuries are a part of the game. If the Cowboys are committed to Henson only a career threatening injury would get him off the roster like any other player.

Ok, I'll take it straight up on your terms. Here is hoping that the board doesn't hear from you in September. :)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Charles said:

um...how about our bet? for 1 month you have to use a tagline that's within forum rules BUT says that you lose the bet about henson, or i'll say i lost the bet about henson...

where's my bet-love???

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
First of all, I am not in favor of bets where someone goes away. Even for a short period of time. We want the traffic here, not somewhere else. Call me selfish if you wish. I won't deny it. My loyalty is to the forum.

Second of all, this bet invites someone to create a new username and post under that username. This is a Guidelines violation.

I suggest different parameters would be preferable. Sig lines and avatars are a better bet for eating crow.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
hey - i'm trying the tagline approach but i'm lonely over here...

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:
um...how about our bet? for 1 month you have to use a tagline that's within forum rules BUT says that you lose the bet about henson, or i'll say i lost the bet about henson...

where's my bet-love???
Thats cool too. IMHO tag lines are much more childish than forum absence for a month, but I'll oblige.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:
hey - i'm trying the tagline approach but i'm lonely over here...
The tag line will have to be for the month of October because If I lose I'll have to honor rcaldw bet with my absence. Fair Ice.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I woulda bet you that Henson not only makes it onto the final 53 but starts the season as #2.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Charles said:
Thats cool too. IMHO tag lines are much more childish than forum absence for a month, but I'll oblige.

yea, but being a mod myself i know what hos is talking about. the goal isn't to chase people away - even those we seriously disagree with. : )

bet is - henson off the roster, you made a 468x60 tagline for me to use for the month of september (or another month we agree on) if he's ON the roster, i make the same size for you to use for september (or another month).

forum guidelines apply - and we do need to keep this to good fun and not to demean the other. let's all save that for whoever nors is these days. :)

rcaldw

Reaction score
Hostile said:
First of all, I am not in favor of bets where someone goes away. Even for a short period of time. We want the traffic here, not somewhere else. Call me selfish if you wish. I won't deny it. My loyalty is to the forum.

Second of all, this bet invites someone to create a new username and post under that username. This is a Guidelines violation.

I suggest different parameters would be preferable. Sig lines and avatars are a better bet for eating crow.

Charles, I want to honor what Hos says here. And really, he is right, I don't want to see you gone, even though I seriously disagree with you on Henson. :) Lets go the tagline bet, or perhaps even better, just let you and Iceberg go at it since it accomplishes the same thing. Or, if you want, you and I can honor the tagline bet for September, then you and Iceberg can go October.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
rcaldw said:
Charles, I want to honor what Hos says here. And really, he is right, I don't want to see you gone, even though I seriously disagree with you on Henson. :) Lets go the tagline bet, or perhaps even better, just let you and Iceberg go at it since it accomplishes the same thing. Or, if you want, you and I can honor the tagline bet for September, then you and Iceberg can go October.
One of you could have an avatar bet, the other a sig line bet. Just a suggestion.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
rcaldw said:
Thats cool Tag line it is..............

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:
yea, but being a mod myself i know what hos is talking about. the goal isn't to chase people away - even those we seriously disagree with. : )

bet is - henson off the roster, you made a 468x60 tagline for me to use for the month of september (or another month we agree on) if he's ON the roster, i make the same size for you to use for september (or another month).

forum guidelines apply - and we do need to keep this to good fun and not to demean the other. let's all save that for whoever nors is these days. :)
cool.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
You up for a 3rd bet? It can be avatar if you wish?

Maybe I'll have better luck since you know I won't welch. I hope.
Thats cool...........

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
Charles said:
Talk is cheap. Let see how confident some of you guys are in your opinions.

How about a bet?

I bet Drew Henson doesn't make the final 53 man roster after training camp in 2006.

Should you chose to accept this bet and lose, the ramifications will be NO POSTING on this forum with your current handle for the month of September '06. Of course the bet is conditioned that I accept YOUR ramifications should Henson make the team.

Any takers........

That bet is a bit extreme. As much as Henson is struggling, I still think his spot on this roster as the 3rd QB is pretty much guaranteed...at least for 2006. After all we did spend a 3rd rounder on him and unless the front office pursues a veteran this summer, I think Henson is safe. We have our starter and Romo is the clear cut back up right now. Henson will be inactive most of the season anyway.

Now if he has another unimpressive training camp than I would imagine he wouldn't even have a chance to compete next summer because he probably would be released outright after this season.

~The Answer