I have Dak ranked 3rd in 2018 NFC East QBs

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I would take Zeke. I am only just saying, it’s closer than some people think.

If we were to argue whose supporting case I would
take. Either the Cowboys or Eagles in 2017. The answer would be the Eagles.

The eagles had a better supporting cast in total
Around Wentz, than the cowboys did around Dak. If you include all the positions and coaching.

That’s not to take anything away from Wentz. I’m not a Wentz detractor. I actually wanted the Cowboys to draft him and I think he is a good QB.

But I really do think his supporting cast last season was better than Dak’s......... actually I don’t think it, I know it.

Well i agree the Eagles coaching staff was far better than ours and their D was much better but i don't think their supporting cast for Wentz on offence was any better than the guys we had supporting Dak on offence, i just think the league caught up to Dak last season. I hope Dak can adjust this year and get back to his 2016 level of play, but i'm not sure it will happen. Other than the threat he can bring with his legs, at this point i don't think the rest of his game scares defenive co-ordinators and i think that is the area he needs to improve on

HungryLion

Reaction score
Well i agree the Eagles coaching staff was far better than ours and their D was much better but i don't think their supporting cast for Wentz on offence was any better than the guys we had supporting Dak on offence, i just think the league caught up to Dak last season. I hope Dak can adjust this year and get back to his 2016 level of play, but i'm not sure it will happen. Other than the threat he can bring with his legs, at this point i don't think the rest of his game scares defenive co-ordinators and i think that is the area he needs to improve on

I Guess that’s where the disagreement lies. Because I think their receiving Corp and tight ends were significantly better than the Cowboys.

mcmvp

Reaction score
You would think this should be obvious.

It is rather obvious. Polian said the biggest off-season for development, for any NFL player, is between years one and two.

Here’s an article about what the 2016 QBs were facing heading into their second season...what they were going to work on, etc.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...prescott-year-2-nfl-quarterback-worked-thrive

Quote from Doug Pederson about what Wentz was going to focus on.

"By no means have we got it figured out yet," Eagles coach Doug Pederson said after a training camp practice earlier this month. "Last year, it was about just kind of getting his feet wet, understanding our offense, the terminology, kind of getting used to each other. And now, all that's kind of behind us and it's about, 'Let's peel the onion back one more time.' Let's talk about situations. Let's talk about third-and-1s and third-and-7s and -9s and first and second down, red zone situations. Let's dive into that now and hone in and see those incremental increases that you see from young quarterbacks, and just keep kind of drilling down in those areas. That's the biggest thing going into Year 2."

He ended up leading the NFL in passing efficiency in 3rd down and red zone situations. He clearly showed how he is a student of the game and a very quick learner. Dak did not show much development. The article stated how much defenses study the new guys after their first year...and are ready with their answers for year 2. It’s up to the QB to stay ahead of the game to have sustained success.

C42

Reaction score
lol, no he's not. Dak is more accurate than him. And that's even with Dak having a down year accuracy wise. Other than a strong arm, he hasn't shown anything he is on Rodgers level.
I don’t think you saw him play last year if you think he has accuracy issues.

Wood

Reaction score
1. Carson Wentz: clearly he is on the path to becoming the next Aaron Rodgers assuming his health holds up and last year's setback doesn't impede his path to greatness. He is an elite QB in every way and the Eagles moved up to draft the best NFC QB of this generation in the NFL.

2. Nick Foles: Impossible to argue with his incredible Eagles resume, from the ridiculous 2013 season in which he was the second best QB in the league (after taking over at 3-5 for a washed up Vick, he led the team to a 10-6 season) only because Peyton Manning had an NFL-record season -- to his virtuoso Super Bowl MVP 2017-18 playoff campaign which also included an absolute obliteration of the NFL's best defense in 2017, the Vikings. Foles may not be the mobile guy who can execute crazy throws on the run and scramble for big yards like Wentz, but he's a very accurate and clutch pocket passer with great presence and awareness. Also an easy guy to root for.

3. Dak Prescott: After an absolutely stellar rookie campaign, he had an average 2017 season, but that wasn't entirely his fault. Without his running mate nearly half the season, a broken offensive line and a top WR and TE on their last legs, Dak didn't have nearly enough help for him to achieve in 2017. This year, he has a plethora of good-enough receivers, the best back in the league is back 100%, the line should be dominant, and the offense should be very favorable to him. Barring injury, he will bounce back in a big way in 2018.

4. Eli Manning: Certainly, 2017 was a big-time down year for the two-time Super Bowl MVP and champion, but his pedigree, clutchness and hard-won experience gives him the edge over the last player on this list. Manning had arguably the worst offensive line in 2017, no running game, and a defense that could no longer consistently hold up their end of the bargain. With the addition of Nate Solder, Aaron Hernandez and Saquon Barkley, Manning should finally have competent enough pieces around him to make him not look like a broken down version of himself in 2018. They're still trotting out Ereck Flowers but at right tackle, however with the gauntlet of left side edge rushers in the division this could still be a large issue.

5. Alex Smith: One of the most overrated quarterbacks in the league, not merely currently but for a long time. The man tries hard and he protects the football, but he's definitely not an ideal franchise guy by any standards. His throw power is consistently among the worst in the league among starters (no secret) and he's certainly not the QB you want on your side if you're trailing. He's a cerebral player, a very solid bus driver and a nice front runner. Plays very well with the lead. His west coast throws are pinpoint accurate, but flooding the box and flats causes his offense to struggle. Sure, he might occasionally hit a big play if he has the right artillery around him (the Commanders don't at the moment) but his timidness and lack of an NFL arm make him only the fifth-best starting quarterback in the 2018 NFC East.

I have Alex Smith ahead of Dak. If things go well for Dak he provides Alex Smith type production for next 10 years. In other words, Alex Smith type starter is best case scenario for Dak who has limited arm talent and accuracy.

School

Reaction score
Do you want a QB who got much much better his 2nd year in the leauge over his 1st or do you want a QB who regressed his 2nd season over his 1st? Give me the guy who improves alot over the guy who regresses alot. This is very important to consider when you take into consideration the amount of tape that teams have on a QB going into his 2nd season. Wentz was able to improve his game and Dak wasn't. What this really means is that what Dak does in his 3rd season will be who Dak is, hopefully he becomes the guy we saw in his rookie season

This seems to be a common sentiment, which is understandable because the offense wasn't pretty for large stretches, but Dak's accuracy improved significantly last season.

He hit far more tight window throws in 2017 than in 2016. In this offense, you have to be able to throw into tight windows downfield to limited recievers. Not all offenses place such demands on their qb. Those windows get tighter with no Zeke in the backfield. Dak does not depend on Zeke. Garrett/Linehan and the receivers do.

Toro9

Reaction score
Knee pads and lots of drool on the ground for dem Iggles

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Play design and how wr are used, play calling, setting up plays, have a lot to do with how good a qb looks and does.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I think Dak is the best football player that is playing QB in the NFC East. What makes the Eagles QB so "great" is the system for them to get rid of the ball and fooling defenses.

If any Philly QBs and Dak were in a 3rd down and long scenario where the defense know what is coming, I would love my chances with Dak because Dak has the ability to evade defenders and get first downs with his legs.

C42

Reaction score
So you didn’t see him play. Just basing off that statistic lol. I was assuming that. But anyway, Wentz percentage should be lower than Dak’s considering one has a really aggressive playstyle and one is much more conservative and prefers the dump offs. One guy is a gun slinger, the other is too scared to throw it up down field. Pretty simple concept.

C42

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I think Dak is the best football player that is playing QB in the NFC East. What makes the Eagles QB so "great" is the system for them to get rid of the ball and fooling defenses.

If any Philly QBs and Dak were in a 3rd down and long scenario where the defense know what is coming, I would love my chances with Dak because Dak has the ability to evade defenders and get first downs with his legs.

Wentz on 3rd and 4th down put up insanely good numbers. As of right now, I don’t trust Dak in long yardage situations. Haven’t seen him hit the deep ball consistently enough. Hopefully he improves on that for you guys.

School

Reaction score
Wentz on 3rd and 4th down put up insanely good numbers. As of right now, I don’t trust Dak in long yardage situations. Haven’t seen him hit the deep ball consistently enough. Hopefully he improves on that for you guys.

3rd and long was a big problem for the offense. We're likely to see some postive regression there.

For the Eagles, they were converting 3rd and long at a crazy, unsustainable rate. Likely to see a significant drop back closer to the mean there.

Reactions: C42

School

Reaction score

On throws that travelled further than 15 yards down the field, Wentz and Foles were in the bottom half of the league in accuracy percentage, while Dak was in the top half. Wentz and Foles did attempt more throws of that nature granted, probably partly due to having superior downfield weapons.