I have developed a genuine dislike for Jerry and Stephen Jones

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I've been a fan for over 50 years. The good (70s and 90s), and the bad (80s and 2000s), but it's obvious these two don't care what you or I think.

They're living the high life. Money keeps rolling in while they play the ultimate game of fantasy football. Win, lose, doesn't matter. The game continues.

How anyone continues to defend them is beyond me. I can only surmise that it's a defense mechanism - it gives them hope.

If you still think these two jokers are going to suddenly crack the code - after 28 years - I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Soon I'm going to move this thread to the Overtime Zone, as is my responsibility as a mod. Just needed to get this off my chest.

usa_today_16649051.0.jpg

Bagman

Reaction score
I've been a fan for over 50 years. The good (70s and 90s), and the bad (80s and 2000s), but it's obvious these two don't care what you or I think.

They're living the high life. Money keeps rolling in while they play the ultimate game of fantasy football. Win, lose, doesn't matter. The game continues.

How anyone continues to defend them is beyond me. I can only surmise that it's a defense mechanism - it gives them hope.

If you still think these two jokers are going to suddenly crack the code - after 28 years - I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Soon I'm going to move this thread to the Overtime Zone, as is my responsibility as a mod. Just needed to get this off my chest.

usa_today_16649051.0.jpg
I agree with every single word you wrote. I too am a 50 yr fan. Its sad that 2 part time fans have full time ownership and full time control of a professional football team at the highest level possible. I'm fully convinced that there's at least 25 guys on this site that could run the Cowboys way better than the Jones' ever could.

ShortRound

Reaction score
They look like caricatures of themselves.

I understand, but it doesn't bother me anymore.
Jimmy and Jerry know who did the real work between them.
We're going on 3 decades of Jerry's futility. Meh.

Mannix

Reaction score
It is beyond frustrating and is now just painful going into every ^*#)&*% season knowing that there is zero chance of things falling the right way....how anybody can have ANY hope of major success with this S show is beyond me. NFC and AFC CG and Super Bowl weekend have become even more painful to watch than our playoff losses....because those games remind me of what was. I'm not even sure of what emotional stage I am in anymore, because I'm already beyond apathy.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I see videos of fans asking Jerry for his autograph at games, feeding his already-inflated ego. I'd be more likely to give him the finger. He doesn't give a hoot about us.

It's all about him. From the moment he insulted Jimmy and ran him out of Dallas. The team still operates his way because it's all about him and his clown show family.

I get it. He owns the team. He can do what he wants. I can still think he's an egotistical jagoff for doing so, and he doesn't give a hoot about what I think. Such is life.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

They have cracked the code. It's just a different code than you're interested in.
Most valuable sports franchise in the world for over half a decade.
Sports entertainment franchise ownership is the league they're competing in, and they're the reigning champions for the last half decade. The GOATs.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
They have cracked the code. It's just a different code than you're interested in.
Most valuable sports franchise in the world for over half a decade.
Sports entertainment franchise ownership is the league they're competing in, and they're the reigning champions for the last half decade. The GOATs.
Fair play. They don't give a hoot about what fans want, as long as fans keep putting money in their pockets.

I stopped doing so, but Dak and Zeke jerseys remain top sellers. Some fans are beyond help, it seems.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I find it odd tha a man who has increased his investment x10 and has always had competitive teams deserves some recognition.
JerryWorld, billions in revenue, some recent good drafting --- they are not hallmarks of a loser/losing team.

Nontheless, Jerry's faults are:
*Hanging on too long to ex-stars
*Paying too much to JAGs such as Dak and Zeke
*Kicking the QB can down the road (DRAFT A QB early in the draft!)
*Not making Aikman GM (could he be much worse than Jerald?)

cowboys1732

Reaction score
I keep hanging on to hope that they somehow win another Super Bowl in spite of those two idiots. Like the 95 season when they won because they had enough of Jimmy”s left over team and in spite of Switzer. Maybe Big Mike and Quinn can get it done. Like an addict, I will tune in and hope.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I keep hanging on to hope that they somehow win another Super Bowl in spite of those two idiots. Like the 95 season when they won because they had enough of Jimmy”s left over team and in spite of Switzer. Maybe Big Mike and Quinn can get it done. Like an addict, I will tune in and hope.
You said it yourself, though - Jimmy's leftovers. These two bozos haven't done anything since. They've had 28 years. They're not up to it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I see videos of fans asking Jerry for his autograph at games, feeding his already-inflated ego. I'd be more likely to give him the finger. He doesn't give a hoot about us.

It's all about him. From the moment he insulted Jimmy and ran him out of Dallas. The team still operates his way because it's all about him and his clown show family.

I get it. He owns the team. He can do what he wants. I can still think he's an egotistical jagoff for doing so, and he doesn't give a hoot about what I think. Such is life.

Jerry’s ego is the Cowboys #1 priority.

I want to like Jerry Jones. I think he’s a cool dude and he’s all I’ve ever known in my life as the owner of my team.

I just wish the Cowboys were pioneers and did things their own way for the good of the team and not operate on what’s best for Jerry’s ego.

Some of the contracts this team gives out is just embarrassing and the coaching hires are a joke.

We should always have the best coach in the NFL.

This is a franchise that wasted 10 years with Garrett when it was painfully obvious he should’ve never been here to begin with.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

usa_today_16649051.0.jpg
For me it's the lack of either of them accepting responsibility for 28 years of repeated failures.

Saying things like "I would write a check today" means very little when you have fired countless people and released countless players while ignoring any role you played in the 28 years of failures.

I like Jerry-the-Owner and he could have been a fan favorite amongst most Cowboys fans had he just let someone else run the team when Jimmy Johnson left or at any point along the way.

Instead, he's reviled by many fans and blamed by almost all Cowboys and anti-Cowboys fans as well as the media for the 28 years of failures.

I would like to hope Stephen will be smarter and bring in a real football GM, but the realist in me knows the ground hog is likely going to see his shadow a lot in the coming years.