I have developed a genuine dislike for Jerry and Stephen Jones

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If you ever met Jerry Jones, you'd find it impossible to hate the man. He's as genuinely friendly as they come.

Doesn't mean you can't hate the job he's done as "GM"/President.
Fair enough, as I've never met him.

Had you responded with your usual five laugh emojis I'd probably have deleted it.

Think about that in other threads. You're capable of more than such nonsense.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
As promised in my OP, off to the Overtime Zone before I go to bed. I have my flaws, but I am a man of my word.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Jerry without the charisma.

I actually think when Jerry passes, the Cowboys will be less in the spotlight b/c Stephen doesn't have the flare of his father.
I actually think that's when they will no longer be America's team. People aren't just going to put up with mediocrity forever and as more of us old fans die off, I don't know why anyone would care. Nobody's going to care with what happened 50 or 60 years ago. Hopefully he'll hire a real GM but I doubt it.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I actually think that's when they will no longer be America's team. People aren't just going to put up with mediocrity forever and as more of us old fans die off, I don't know why anyone would care. Nobody's going to care with what happened 50 or 60 years ago. Hopefully he'll hire a real GM but I doubt it.
Fans want a winner.
Us old timers are hanging in here because of our loyalty to what the Cowboys used to be.
But the younger fans are going to get tired of being average.
Jerry was blessed with Romo and Dak.
Once Dak is done, hello 5 and 11 teams.
The fans will turn on the Jones then.
They will have to make legit changes.

MikeT22

Reaction score
what is scary to me is that i think stephen coudl be worse then jerry
I had hopes for Stephen because, unlike Jerry, I didn’t think Stephen would have the same ego and disdain for hiring top notch HC’s for fear of someone else getting the credit and being the face of the team.
But now, I think he’ll be similar to Jerry. Meddling and not allowing the HC to have the authority and power required.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I've been a fan for over 50 years. The good (70s and 90s), and the bad (80s and 2000s), but it's obvious these two don't care what you or I think.

They're living the high life. Money keeps rolling in while they play the ultimate game of fantasy football. Win, lose, doesn't matter. The game continues.

How anyone continues to defend them is beyond me. I can only surmise that it's a defense mechanism - it gives them hope.

If you still think these two jokers are going to suddenly crack the code - after 28 years - I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Soon I'm going to move this thread to the Overtime Zone, as is my responsibility as a mod. Just needed to get this off my chest.

usa_today_16649051.0.jpg
I have been as hard as any poster here on the Jones.
I do want to go on record here, however, that it's not personal.
Jerry and Stephen have their warts as any of us do
My gripe is with Jerry the GM.
He has failed the Cowboys miserably will not step down, and continues to hold this franchise back.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I had hopes for Stephen because, unlike Jerry, I didn’t think Stephen would have the same ego and disdain for hiring top notch HC’s for fear of someone else getting the credit and being the face of the team.
But now, I think he’ll be similar to Jerry. Meddling and not allowing the HC to have the authority and power required.
Let's see how it plays out
In the past, Stephen has said he would be willing to hire a GM.
If they have several losing seasons in the future after Jerry is gone, I don't think Stephen will be able to stand the pressure and heat.

Zordon

Reaction score
Much of the attention the team receives right now is via Jerry Jones and his "aura". When he's gone why would the media follow this team anymore? Especially if they're still losing.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'll support the crap out of someone who's not all in on the team. Heck, I would love to see us train Jason Garrett again. Maybe we can stick with dak until he's in his forties. I like laughing after each loss.

Big_D

Reaction score
Just know how bad they want to win. That should make everyone feel better.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean, are you a teenager? This should have happened a long time ago.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It's only going to get worse. Next in line is a man who is getting the job due to nepotism. Stephen never earned a thing.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
100% agree

But since I'm younger, it's getting harder for me to like the Cowboys because of the Jones family.

It's hard to remember this team being more than just the product of a circus barker.

I've said it before, I've found myself having a lot more fun watching college football over the last 5-6 years. Well, now unfortunately I'm having more fun watching a few other NFL teams than the Cowboys.

Not sure if I'll ever jump ship, but for the first time in my life I think it's actually possible.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The Jones family have destroyed the franchise. No doubt. Despite the smoke and mirrors they are NFL bottom feeders. Also a punch line. I take solace in their embarrassment though. Jerry looks more like Gollum every year and Stephen is just a fat nepotism aided clown. They are idiots. I can take the Cowboys losing because it is, at some level, embarrassing to those 2 losers.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've been a fan for over 50 years. The good (70s and 90s), and the bad (80s and 2000s), but it's obvious these two don't care what you or I think.

They're living the high life. Money keeps rolling in while they play the ultimate game of fantasy football. Win, lose, doesn't matter. The game continues.

How anyone continues to defend them is beyond me. I can only surmise that it's a defense mechanism - it gives them hope.

If you still think these two jokers are going to suddenly crack the code - after 28 years - I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Soon I'm going to move this thread to the Overtime Zone, as is my responsibility as a mod. Just needed to get this off my chest.

usa_today_16649051.0.jpg
I, for one, am shocked

:laugh:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Immatellinyarightnow, the best way to stay a fan is avoid exposure to Booger and the lucky sperm.

Their absurd comments get brought here but I do not have to watch or listen to anything they say. The sight of them or sound of their voices makes me want to eat my own eyes and ears.

I made this conscious, at least I think I was conscious at the time, decision that if I was to remain a fan of the team that won me over in a loss in the NFC champs game in conditions not fit for man nor beast, I had to avoid Booger exposure because I wanted to hit him in the face with a rake when he winked.

So, I began to ignore him except when he was in trouble and then I was giddy as a schoolgirl that just got her braces off.

Ahhh, the things we do for love.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I see videos of fans asking Jerry for his autograph at games, feeding his already-inflated ego. I'd be more likely to give him the finger. He doesn't give a hoot about us.

It's all about him. From the moment he insulted Jimmy and ran him out of Dallas. The team still operates his way because it's all about him and his clown show family.

I get it. He owns the team. He can do what he wants. I can still think he's an egotistical jagoff for doing so, and he doesn't give a hoot about what I think. Such is life.
I share your frustration and echo your post word for word with two exceptions.

I'm only a 42 year fan so you have almost a decade on me....

And as for Jerry, I think he's a fabulous owner. Willing to spend a ton of cash on personnel or facilities etc to run a top notch organization. Unflappably optimistic. Those are good qualities for a guy who writes the checks.

But, He's just an abysmally awful GM. And to your point about his ego, he's unwilling to relinquish that portion of his duties. Deep down I do believe that he wants to win, but only on his terms.

Pride is a helluva thing. Pride will destroy a man, a marriage, a business, a friendship, or in this case a formerly enviable organization.

Solomon nailed it. Pride goeth before destruction. It will take you down if you refuse to humble yourself when needed. Eventually you will become a laughingstock

Jerry's Cowboys are exhibit A. And unfortunately we all know it ain't changing as long as this family runs the show.