I have good news and bad news

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The Cowboys will win their division and get into the playoffs (they'll be the fourth seed) because Dak Prescott owns NFC East opponents like no other Cowboy quarterback ever but that's all they're going to do is get into the playoffs. They'll end up playing either Minnesota, Greenbay, Seattle, or San Fransico at home and I'm not so sure they can beat any of those teams.

The Cowboys have been better than most of the East teams each year since Dak has been quarterback (lost twice to New York in 2016, once to Philly in 2017, once to Washington in 2018). He's contributed to that success, but I really hate it when fans give credit to one player for team success. Dak didn't hold the Eagles to 10 points in October. Dak didn't rush for 139 yards against the Giants or sack and harass their young quarterback. He played his part well, and that's all you can ask.

This statement would be like me saying that Zeke owns NFC East opponents like no other Cowboy running back ever.

BTW, the pattern is that we've lost at least once to an East team each of those years, so us sweeping the East defies the odds.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

To me, the team 'feels' like it is playing more sporadically than it has in the past. On one hand, I am somewhat confident the team will sweep the NFC East. On the other hand, I feel like the Eagles will finish with more overall regular season wins than the Cowboys.

It is quietly unsettling after considering the real possibility of the division producing only one postseason team. Then again, it could just be gas.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Garrett can't get the team game ready during the regular season what makes anyone think he could get them playoff ready? Something he's failed at a couple of times.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys will win their division and get into the playoffs (they'll be the fourth seed) because Dak Prescott owns NFC East opponents like no other Cowboy quarterback ever but that's all they're going to do is get into the playoffs. They'll end up playing either Minnesota, Greenbay, Seattle, or San Fransico at home and I'm not so sure they can beat any of those teams.

Our 1st home game would be against the 5th or 6th seed WC team. And yes one would be the non division winner of one of those 4 teams as of the standings right now. We lost to vikings and Packers at home. So could this team beat them in the playoffs. Right now, no. No way they can beat SF or Seattle either.

However there is nothing showing me this team will even win the division. I used to get into scenarios like this, and go through all the possibilities but not this time. I am not wasting my time on it. They just need to win, and right now I see nothing showing me that can.

CoachD

Reaction score
giphy.gif

To me, the team 'feels' like it is playing more sporadically than it has in the past. On one hand, I am somewhat confident the team will sweep the NFC East. On the other hand, I feel like the Eagles will finish with more overall regular season wins than the Cowboys.

It is quietly unsettling after considering the real possibility of the division producing only one postseason team. Then again, it could just be gas.

It's really hard to go 6-0 in the division and NOT win the division! I bet that's never happened before in the NFL!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's really hard to go 6-0 in the division and NOT win the division! I bet that's never happened before in the NFL!
If the Cowboys are not within a game of PHL when they go there, that game will not matter and they will mail it in.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My fact is I do not have the Cowboys in the top 6 in the NFC right now anyway and if they are the 4th seed, they will still be in the 6th spot.

I look at the other teams and the Cowboys are not as good talent wise and certainly not coaching wise. In order for a less talented team to beat a more talented team, the coaching has to be better.

The funniest comment of the season so far came from Booger. "I thought we'd be better than this". You put a coach with one year of QBC experience in as the OC and thought this would be better? How football stupid can a man be?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We've managed to set quite a few dubious records in futility under the Garrett regime. This would just be another one of many.

shabazz

Reaction score
All that matters is that Dak pads his stats....playoffs who cares with these Dak-Employees.....

Seriously getting damn near impossible to see a thread that doesn't fluff on Dakota anymore. I thought the OP actually had an original thought until we see the dreaded " Dak owns this and owns that". Me thinks these threads are started just to get another atta boy for a dude who has won NOTHING meaningful yet.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have not looked it up but do think you are 100% correct. I had thought of one scenario where Garrett would either not get a new contract following this season or get kicked to the curb during the season:

The team would endure a four or more consecutive game losing streak and the roster would transparently mutiny on Garrett

However, I have started considering this new possibility based on how the team has performed thus far and what they seem capable of achieving. It is outlandish but I really do think this possibility has a chance of coming true. The outcome is one I do not believe Jones' personality could side-step or minimize for himself. It would be too embarrassing for him in my opinion.

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't like their chances against the 49ers because of their defensive line, but The Cowboys can beat the rest of those teams on the road, including the Vikings. They have to be healthy to do it though and they have to limit the mental mistakes. Like always they have an albatross named Jason around their necks but they can still win those games. The 49er DL is sure to give the Cowboys OL fits.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
You are coming dangerously close to needing to find a new team.
Join us Risen. It doesn't bother me at all to watch good football (by most other teams). I always want this team to be one of those but have accepted that it won't until changes are made.

fivetwos

Reaction score
They absolutely can and I'd wager they do.

It's the following week on the road when this staff will be embarrassed in a blowout loss, where the other team is exploiting something we refuse to adjust to in-game.

Stubbornness is a key characteristic within this franchise from the top down.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I'm glad that you think these Cowboys will still win the NFC East. It seems a sentiment I don't share at this point. I did about a month ago when they beat Philly, and thought the Eagles would have collapsed after that. But from the looks of it, the Eagles have gotten their act together while we look like that team ripe for a collapse.

If Dak is the leader that most on this board think he is, they won't collapse.

That's just my opinion. The defense on the other hand. I don't know if there is an adequate leader on that side to keep them together.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I still think the division will come down to the second Philly game.

breaking it down again.

eagles play the patriots this weekend. Cowboys the lions.

if the cowboys win and eagles lose

the eagles could then go 4-0 the next 4 games and cowboys could go 2-2.

if that happens. The second eagles game would still be for the division lead.

If the cowboys lose to the lions and the eagles upset the patriots. Then yeah. We can call it a season.