I have good news and bad news

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys will win their division and get into the playoffs (they'll be the fourth seed) because Dak Prescott owns NFC East opponents like no other Cowboy quarterback ever but that's all they're going to do is get into the playoffs. They'll end up playing either Minnesota, Greenbay, Seattle, or San Fransico at home and I'm not so sure they can beat any of those teams.
Historically teams that don't get the bye week have a low probability of going to the Super Bowl.

Teams with the Bye are the home team in the division round.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Cowboys will win their division and get into the playoffs (they'll be the fourth seed) because Dak Prescott owns NFC East opponents like no other Cowboy quarterback ever but that's all they're going to do is get into the playoffs. They'll end up playing either Minnesota, Greenbay, Seattle, or San Fransico at home and I'm not so sure they can beat any of those teams.
Coach--i hope we win our division...we have more difficult schedule remaining than the Sheagles...hope we can just put it together like we did last year?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My fact is I do not have the Cowboys in the top 6 in the NFC right now anyway and if they are the 4th seed, they will still be in the 6th spot.

I look at the other teams and the Cowboys are not as good talent wise and certainly not coaching wise. In order for a less talented team to beat a more talented team, the coaching has to be better.

The funniest comment of the season so far came from Booger. "I thought we'd be better than this". You put a coach with one year of QBC experience in as the OC and thought this would be better? How football stupid can a man be?
Not that we really should be surprised by this. It’s the same Football Idiot who thought he didn’t need an OL with a mobile QB like Romo.

Jerry has bought into the hype that we should be a better team and many of our fans have followed. He thinks he has as talented a team since the 90’s and is looking for a deeper run.

I don’t think we are as good as we were last year. And that’s with an improved Dak.

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Historically teams that don't get the bye week have a low probability of going to the Super Bowl.

Teams with the Bye are the home team in the division round.

This is true. Having the #1 seed is a huge advantage in the playoffs. Unless it’s a Jason Garret coached team of course.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Terrible post. Of course we'll be able to beat any of those teams. Are you forgetting who are head coach is?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nflpostseasonprob.html

Current playoff odds from the first place I checked have the Eagles with a slight edge over the Cowboys, 59% to 45%.

About 50-50, with the Eagles having the edge. Sounds about right given the remaining head to head is their home game and their weaker remaining schedule.
I’m not sure if everyone recalls the Egirls were picked to win the division by most heading into the season.

Our Euphoric 3-0 start was probably the worst thing for us. Everyone begun believing we were better than we were.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Oh they are about to go on a run and I disagree they can beat all those teams. You forget they spotted GB, Minnesota and came back

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Surprisingly there have been many more upsets this era with #1 and#2 seeds being knocked off while its still the best percentage to the Super Bowl.

“ In the ten years prior to this season, from 2007-16, 14 teams that played on wild card weekend upset a #1 or #2 seed coming off a first round bye.

So half the years saw a team that won on wild card weekend represent their conference in the Super Bowl- but since there’s two slots in the Super Bowl, that means that 75% of the Super Bowl teams received a first round bye.”

Full story below
https://www.patspulpit.com/2018/1/1...-game-patriots-steelers-eagles-vikings-titans

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I don't even know if we'll beat Detroit. If we don't, we're done.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
True. Then again that was also a Jason Garret coached team as well. His stench of failure has been choking the team for a long time now.
Amazing how Garrett still gets blame as OC. A stigma not common across the NFL .

My point was it’s a more deeply seeded problem than our coaching. Which stench of failure is stronger? The last 10 years or last 25 years?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Amazing how Garrett still gets blame as OC. A stigma not common across the NFL .

My point was it’s a more deeply seeded problem than our coaching. Which stench of failure is stronger? The last 10 years or last 25 years?

I’m not going down that rabbit hole with you tonight my man.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think Oakland did it once
2010. Raiders went 6-0 in division but 0-4 against AFC South missing the playoffs.

Cowboys are on a similar path. Currently 4-0 in division and 1-4 outside division.

We could go 0-4 against the North. 0-6 vs NFC outside division. And we could go 1-3 against AFC East.

Last edited:

Froski

Reaction score
We can tango with any of those teams. But we are woefully inconsistent and dont show up every week or prepared for that matter.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We can tango with any of those teams. But we are woefully inconsistent and dont show up every week or prepared for that matter.
We say we can but if you don’t then you can’t. We are 0-3 to playoff contenders outside our division in conference.

Based on what we’ve seen thus far I’m not sure why anyone would see this team as a serious SB contender?

We dominate losing teams and our division. That’s it so far.

Froski

Reaction score
We say we can but if you don’t then you can’t. We are 0-3 to playoff contenders outside our division in conference.

Based on what we’ve seen thus far I’m not sure why anyone would see this team as a serious SB contender?

We dominate losing teams and our division. That’s it so far.
We've had opportunities to win those games despite the performances they put out here. The potential is there.

But this is mainly me playing devils advocate, i have no reason to believe they can do anything until they show me.