I have no interest in ever seeing Dak take another snap for Dallas

starfan1

Reaction score
The 14 penalties have nothing to do with my point that the game was there for the taking at the end and he crumbled.
They crumbled you just choose to scapegoat him. Yes he didn’t help himself at the end but it was collection of things that put them in that position
To begin with and the 14 penalties and run defense were both part of the reason they lost

the lack of run game and of course Dak himself. It was a team problem if you’re expecting Dak to be Rodgers or Mahomes you’re going to be disappointed

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The reason some people may not like Rush is because of red head trauma.

MKzaGN6.png

The best memory of the Clapper was the Thanksgiving Game in the 90's

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
They crumbled you just choose to scapegoat him. Yes he didn’t help himself at the end but it was collection of things that put them in that position
To begin with and the 14 penalties and run defense were both part of the reason they lost

the lack of run game and of course Dak himself. It was a team problem if you’re expecting Dak to be Rodgers or Mahomes you’re going to be disappointed
Did you even watch the game we are talking about? The 'position' they were in is that the game was served up to them on a silver platter - down by 6 and 1st down inside the opponents 50 with 2 minutes plus to win the game. They were in the PERFECT position. And he crumbled.

starfan1

Reaction score
Did you even watch the game we are talking about? The 'position' they were in is that the game was served up to them on a silver platter - down by 6 and 1st down inside the opponents 50 with 2 minutes plus to win the game. They were in the PERFECT position. And he crumbled.
I can’t argue that at all he did crumble and the teams poor performance put them in that position to begin with

you can’t look at that game and say it’s solely Daks fault unless it’s your agenda you can look at that game and say he stunk it up that final drive. There’s no guarantee if if they get one more play off that they score
That same team beat Green Bay worse the following week. There’s 2 teams out there

Last edited:

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
I just wish he had a LOT more mobility. I wish Rush was a threat running the football. I actually don't mind his arm strength. He is accurate too. Just wish his legs had some juice.
Well think about really the greatest quarterbacks in the NFL history. Almost none of them were that mobile. But they had great pocket presence. John Elway was not fast but he was slippery in the pocket. Romo, not a fast runner but also slippery in the pocket. Just had that sense to take that step or two to the right or left at exactly the right time. Cooper seems to have that sense. Dan Fouts, Dan Marino, John Elway, Tom Brady, Joe Montana wasn’t fast and really didn’t even have that strong of an arm. He just had an amazing sense for the whole game. Cooper shows me signs of this. He’s accurate as can be.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I'm surprised how many people think Cooper Rush is a better QB
That’s because we have the best defense we’ve had in decades, and the offense is winning with 2 TDs per game. Wait until we need to score 30+ or we fall behind and have to pass 40+ times. Or until a team takes away the middle throws and makes him throw the deep out. He dodged two terrible throws that were intercepted Sunday. I hope Rush learned from that. I also hope he plays well and wins every start. I want nothing but the best for the young man, even if it means I have to read threads like this one.

When Dak is fully healthy and starts and finds his rhythm, I just hope Kellen continues to run a conservative, balanced offense. Win with defense and a balanced offense, but have your starting QB ready when you need more to win.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
With all due respect, your entire post is irrelevant to my point. All of your points notwithstanding, the game was there for the taking at the end and we were in a perfect position to do so. He crumbled on that last drive.

Yes he did.. but again.. he was not alone.. He didn't get the holding penalty nor did he drop the ball that hit CD in the hands.. nor did he fail to make the adjustment on that ball he threw under duress like Wilson did which would have given the Cowboys 1st and 10 inside the 15. You want to pile all of that crap on Dak .. Which is your right.. however the fact remains that his teammates let him down on that next to last drive. And Kellen Moore let him down on the last drive with that stupid QB draw up the middle call with no timeouts left. That was absolutely idiotic.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Well think about really the greatest quarterbacks in the NFL history. Almost none of them were that mobile. But they had great pocket presence. John Elway was not fast but he was slippery in the pocket. Romo, not a fast runner but also slippery in the pocket. Just had that sense to take that step or two to the right or left at exactly the right time. Cooper seems to have that sense. Dan Fouts, Dan Marino, John Elway, Tom Brady, Joe Montana wasn’t fast and really didn’t even have that strong of an arm. He just had an amazing sense for the whole game. Cooper shows me signs of this. He’s accurate as can be.

Okay where are you getting this from.. His completion percentage is well below where Dak has been for most of his career.. Those back foot throws that got picked off were absolutely horrible throws and worse decisions. Thank goodness the Ratscums committed penalties on them or that could have been a very different game. Rush has played well for a backup.. But let's tap the brakes on these comparisons to Hall of Famers. Oh and you're wrong about John Elway.. Young Elway was very fast.. Now the old guy with bad knees that he became later in his career.. Yeah.. that guy was slow.. but for most of his career John Elway was a better version of Josh Allen..

kskboys

Reaction score
Montana was extremely mobile. 1,676 rushing yds.

Elway: 3,407.

Your info source is bad.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Montana was extremely mobile. 1,676 rushing yds.

Elway: 3,407.

Your info source is bad.

I think his source is faulty memory.. Maybe he's too young to have seen those guys when they were their younger selves. People nearly always try to reclassify guys as "pocket passers" after the fact to suit their narratives.. The fact is nearly all QBs who come into the league are mobile and athletic and use those gifts while their brains play catchup to the speed of the game.