I have no interest in ever seeing Dak take another snap for Dallas

blueblood70

Reaction score
You know people wonder how on earth do the Cowboys not do anything for 25 plus years and continue to be one of the highest grossing teams in sports. Here’s a prime example of a fan who sees this team struggle to score 20 points against some dog teams and came to the conclusion “it just works better”. For those interested I’d direct them to your post. This is what Jerry is working with.
that was 2017 Dak without Zeke and tyrone smith chaze green at LT Knight as his backupo OMG LMAO

add in

, no defense, bad coaching but Dak was the issue. Blamed for not finishing drives and carrying the team ie not scoring enough too many Fgs lmao..imagine this defense in 2017 ...smh this place criticized dak back then because of those very type of stats. wonder how rush would have handled that ATL 8 sack game without a run game and no defense..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The nano-second a player moves off his rookie contract, this board vilifies that player. Schultz is a prime example. Witten was not a great blocker. And as his career grew, you saw the pre-snap penalties mount up. He was moving to get into a position to block where the defender had less of an advantage.

But Witten had Romo throwing to him. Somehow Romo's security blanket was acceptable. But Dak's is lame and needs to be traded, cut, reduced plays, or just taken out and shot.

I do not trust the opinions of many on this board because I don't see a lot of understanding through reasoning, but a lot of whining because of emotions. Not pointing at you, by the way.

I just don't see Rush as much more than a journeyman and bus driver. And if he plays a team that can score against this defense, he does not possess the ability to carry the team to victory.

No respecting opinions on this board is fine but all you have to do is follow the league trends and Dak winning a title would make him a outlier.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
You're saying that literally everything has to be perfect around him.

How can you both say that and claim he is a "top 10 QB" in the same posts?

Top 10 QBs don't need everything perfect around them to have success.
It's simple - he's a top 10 qb but he just needs the entire team to carry him.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
No respecting opinions on this board is fine but all you have to do is follow the league trends and Dak winning a title would make him a outlier.

Kurt Warner....think on his history. Played arena ball and was working at a grocery store. Got picked up by the Rams. Trent Green got hurt. Warner took over and won it all.

Now tell me about the trends that year before Green got hurt and Warner took over. What were the trends for Warner at that time.

Stats, trends, analytics. That all flies out the window when the right circumstance comes along. The circumstance that no one predicts.

I am not suggesting Warner and Dak are the same. I'm saying all these things used as predictors fall to the wayside when the unexpected happens.

Seattle with Wilson are on the three yard line. Seconds to go. They have Beast Mode Lynch.

Who won that Super Bowl? And if you had all the betting America toss down a bet on who would win in those last moments, the action would have overwhelmingly favored Seattle.

The unexpected happens in every game. To suggest trends are the be all ignores this.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
So why hasn't Herbert and T. Lawrence found success? Since I constantly hear they're top 10 around here.

No matter who the qb is, if each facet the team don't do their jobs, they wont find success...

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
So why hasn't Herbert and T. Lawrence found success? Since I constantly hear they're top 10 around here.

No matter who the qb is, if each facet the team don't do their jobs, they wont find success...
Why are you comparing Dak to a couple of guys in their 2nd and 3rd years? Also - I haven't seen anyone say Lawrence is top 10.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Many called Burrow a "stud."

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Sorry this is plainly inaccurate. There is no player in the history of the game who has ever won a game by himself. Dak is good enough to win games if the rest of the team doesn't crap the bed. He can't win games if the defense gives up 35 points or the receivers don't get open and drop balls or the line doesn't block anybody. The following is the list of QBs who can win games consistently with a defense giving up 35 ppg or receivers who don't get open and drop balls or the line refuses to block..

That's all of them right there..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Stephen has 20M rolling over plus he can spread the dead cap over two years. Wonder if it makes financial sense if there was a team willing to trade for him.

Unless we are getting nice picks...I assume rollign with Dak and this Defense is better than Rush and this defense regardless of value or production vs pay.
I think that might be their plan. if they decide to move on from Dak, they have to figure out a way to take the dead cap hit. if they do make that decision then its going cheap in other areas. and makes it difficult to resign Lamb, and Micah, etc.

that was one of the main reasons that Jerry wanted a longer contract to spread the cost and have cap flexibility. Dak wanted a shorter one to get to that next contract sooner.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Kurt Warner....think on his history. Played arena ball and was working at a grocery store. Got picked up by the Rams. Trent Green got hurt. Warner took over and won it all.

Now tell me about the trends that year before Green got hurt and Warner took over. What were the trends for Warner at that time.

Stats, trends, analytics. That all flies out the window when the right circumstance comes along. The circumstance that no one predicts.

I am not suggesting Warner and Dak are the same. I'm saying all these things used as predictors fall to the wayside when the unexpected happens.

Seattle with Wilson are on the three yard line. Seconds to go. They have Beast Mode Lynch.

Who won that Super Bowl? And if you had all the betting America toss down a bet on who would win in those last moments, the action would have overwhelmingly favored Seattle.

The unexpected happens in every game. To suggest trends are the be all ignores this.

Yeah but these outlier scenarios really don’t inspire me.

Especially when Dak isn’t near the caliber of passer as Warner.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry this is plainly inaccurate. There is no player in the history of the game who has ever won a game by himself. Dak is good enough to win games if the rest of the team doesn't crap the bed. He can't win games if the defense gives up 35 points or the receivers don't get open and drop balls or the line doesn't block anybody. The following is the list of QBs who can win games consistently with a defense giving up 35 ppg or receivers who don't get open and drop balls or the line refuses to block..

That is mostly true but grossly ignores the fact that players can contribute more....or less to get that win. A qb can drive the bus to a super bowl....or command one with sheer will and adeptness.

Your point is made.....but its a severe simplification that ignores amazing individual achievements.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That is mostly true but grossly ignores the fact that players can contribute more....or less to get that win. A qb can drive the bus to a super bowl....or command one with sheer will and adeptness.

Your point is made.....but its a severe simplification that ignores amazing individual achievements.
Like who? Who "put their team on their back" to a Super Bowl? With sheer will.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

I have ignored nothing.. I simply layed out the list of QBs who have won it all with defenses giving up over 30 ppg..

Same list..

I am in no way saying Dak is as talented as the top QBs to have ever played the game.. But he is more talented than 10-15 QBs who HAVE won a Super Bowl and another 10-15 who have made it on the backs of a great team but lost when the other team was just as good and the opposing QB was better.. That's why the "Dak's not good enough" argument holds no water. Those of us not born in the 2000s have seen plenty of QBs not as good as Dak get to and win the Super Bowl.. Hell even kids who were in diapers in the 2000s know that Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer and Nick Foles were never as good as Dak on their best days. There are too many examples for that argument to still be making the rounds.. which means the people making it are just being penises. And I don't really have a lot of time for such people.

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Like who? Who "put their team on their back" to a Super Bowl? With sheer will.

Yeah the list of QBs who have won it all with crappy receivers, no running game and a bottom 10 defense is strikingly short.. as in no names on it. But acting as if such a person has ever existed seems to give people comfort.. so let them have it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah the list of QBs who have won it all with crappy receivers, no running game and a bottom 10 defense is strikingly short.. as in no names on it. But acting as if such a person has ever existed seems to give people comfort.. so let them have it.
So, because they hate Dak so much they are willing to take an impossible chance? Sounds about right.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score

I am not sure why you are arguing against a point I didn't make. The niners didn't scored 35 against us. The game was there for the taking at the end and Dak unfortunately crumbled under the pressure.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So, because they hate Dak so much they are willing to take an impossible chance? Sounds about right.

Yeah it really irritates the hell outta me when the media starts up with that "all by himself" and "put the team on his back" nonsense.. Until one of these QBs goes out there and lines up at DE or inside linebacker when he's not playing QB I am not interested in any of that noise. It use dto drive me nuts when they would claim that John Elway "carried bad Broncos teams to the Super Bowl.." With all that borderline Hall of Fame talent on those teams.. Jackson, Mecklenberg, The original Rod Smith (849 catches and over 11000 yards) , Gerald Willhite, Steve Watson.. I mean that statement disrespects SO many great players it aint even funny. Same thing they do with Brady.. The media acts like he led a bunch of JuCo players to championships.. Pay no attention to all the times the Patriots had the #1 defense in the league while he was there..

starfan1

Reaction score
I am not sure why you are arguing against a point I didn't make. The niners didn't scored 35 against us. The game was there for the taking at the end and Dak unfortunately crumbled under the pressure.
so of those 14 penalties many that put us behind the chains how many of them were on dak? I get it he didnt play well but the entire team stunk at some level.