I have no interest in ever seeing Dak take another snap for Dallas

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I have no interest in ever seeing Dak take another snap for Dallas
This team just works under Rush. There's something special about this guy and he's just overall sees the field better than Dak.

This guy is no fluke.

He's Cooper The Rush.. Rush.
yeah I dont either, but it it probably inevitable.
Right now I just hope rush keeps winning, and makes it hard for jerry to reinstall dak, but he will , unless he starts to believe in rush too.

The only way that will happen is for rush to win the next 2 games, and that is a tall order.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I am not sure why you are arguing against a point I didn't make. The niners didn't scored 35 against us. The game was there for the taking at the end and Dak unfortunately crumbled under the pressure.

Who is talking about the Niner game? We all watched it and we all know Dak played like crap.. But did you happen to notice the defense giving up 6 yards a carry on the ground that day? The Niners controlled the game with their defense and their running game. Their QB was worse than Dak that day.. He just had more help. If Dak plays the exact same game that he played but Moore dials up 160 yards from the running game and the defense holds the Niners to < 3 ypc on the ground the Cowboys win that game by double digits.. Which is entirely MY point. We all want Dak to be able to overcome every single time the other parts of the team crap the bed. And sometimes he has done exactly that.. But it's not realistic to expect it every time.. Sometimes, he's going to crap the bed right along with them.. Maybe something in the team pregame meal? Dak has at least two more years left on his contract to get er done in Dallas. If he fails to do so he will join Wentz, Goff, Mariota, Winston et al bouncing around the league for the rest of his career. Since I know he's got those two years, I'm not going to be expend a whole lot of energy trying to fast forward.. I'm going to try and enjoy what's in front of me.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah but these outlier scenarios really don’t inspire me.

Especially when Dak isn’t near the caliber of passer as Warner.

What changes when Dak has a top defense?

As it stands, in the first four games, the Dallas defense has surrendered 19 points or less in each game. What happens to the play calling and Dak's ability to post yardage in passing once he has a defense that can consistently hold the other team to less than three TD's per game?

The problem is not merely Dak, but the team itself. Everyone ficuses on Dak when there are other issues just as important.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so of those 14 penalties many that put us behind the chains how many of them were on dak? I get it he didnt play well but the entire team stunk at some level.
I do think some penalties can be caused by the QB. I think it was dak at this years bucs....he seemed hesitant hiking the ball and sure enough false start.

Don;t get me wrong...not blaming all those penalties on Dak. Just saying QB might be causing some uncertainty...at times. Espcailly with a travelling circus show like our Oline has been known to be.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have ignored nothing.. I simply layed out the list of QBs who have won it all with defenses giving up over 30 ppg..

Same list..

I am in no way saying Dak is as talented as the top QBs to have ever played the game.. But he is more talented than 10-15 QBs who HAVE won a Super Bowl and another 10-15 who have made it on the backs of a great team but lost when the other team was just as good and the opposing QB was better.. That's why the "Dak's not good enough" argument holds no water. Those of us not born in the 2000s have seen plenty of QBs not as good as Dak get to and win the Super Bowl.. Hell even kids who were in diapers in the 2000s know that Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer and Nick Foles were never as good as Dak on their best days. There are too many examples for that argument to still be making the rounds.. which means the people making it are just being penises. And I don't really have a lot of time for such people.
I am not smart enough nor care enough to argue your "QB's who have won it all with defenses giving up over 30 ppg. " COuld be right...I dunno.

BUT THIS was what I mildly objected to: "There is no player in the history of the game who has ever won a game by himself. "

That one there of course on the surface seems quite true! But it's not a tracked stat....and ignores that ONE special play that MIGHT have been all the difference in the world. It doesn't fit into your hoped-for stat-based argument.

Not something that needs argued about. Just wanted to point it out.

Cebrin

Reaction score
This team just works under Rush. There's something special about this guy and he's just overall sees the field better than Dak.

This guy is no fluke.

He's Cooper The Rush.. Rush.
Cee Dee @ :25 seems to feel differently "Imagine when 4 walks out...o_O...imagine"

starfan1

Reaction score
I do think some penalties can be caused by the QB. I think it was dak at this years bucs....he seemed hesitant hiking the ball and sure enough false start.

Don;t get me wrong...not blaming all those penalties on Dak. Just saying QB might be causing some uncertainty...at times. Espcailly with a travelling circus show like our Oline has been known to be.
Sure I guess we are or we’re pretty stupid last year across the board.my point is many want to point the figure solely at Dak because of his contract but that was a total shitshow on offense in last year
Couldn’t open holes for the RB they got beat up at center and guard spots even Zack wasn’t himself

the defense got shredded in run game but because our qb makes 40 mil and he replaced a fan favorite he gets a lot of blame in the team game

and this cooper love from the ABD crew is crazy and overblown . I’m enjoying 3 in a row but I mean rush will be replaced and it’s doubtful he can sustain this

Last edited:

Beastsfromthenfceast

Reaction score
I think Rush has done a great job but I don't think he will be effective against better defenses coming up this season .

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure I guess we are or we’re pretty stupid last year across the board.my point is many want to point the figure solely at Dak because of his contract but that was a total shitshow on offense in last year
Couldn’t open holes for the RB they got beat up at center and guard spots even Zack wasn’t himself

the defense got shredded in run game but because our qb makes 40 mil and he replaced a fan favorite he gets a lot of blame in the team game

and this cooper love from the ABD crew is crazy and overblown . I’m enjoying 3 in a row but I mean rush will be replaced and it’s doubtful he can sustain this
Yep...and it was "doubtful we'd win another game without Dak,. Assured even.

It would appear both QB's have some flaws. We're winning and sitting here arguing about it....LOL?

Dak secured his job by winning. I know....Tony was a broken man. I get it. Bottom line though is ...winning. At least for Dak it was. And he had a BLISTERING team...with a HALF decent D.

starfan1

Reaction score
Yep...and it was "doubtful we'd win another game without Dak,. Assured even.

It would appear both QB's have some flaws. We're winning and sitting here arguing about it....LOL?

Dak secured his job by winning. I know....Tony was a broken man. I get it. Bottom line though is ...winning. At least for Dak it was. And he had a BLISTERING team...with a HALF decent D.
Well I think yourecomparing apples to oranges . Let’s talk when cooper led team runs off 10 in a row
And the defense was half decent and half not decent the not decent part showed up against Green Bay much like 14

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What changes when Dak has a top defense?

As it stands, in the first four games, the Dallas defense has surrendered 19 points or less in each game. What happens to the play calling and Dak's ability to post yardage in passing once he has a defense that can consistently hold the other team to less than three TD's per game?

The problem is not merely Dak, but the team itself. Everyone ficuses on Dak when there are other issues just as important.

I’m not blaming Dak. You’re right, the problem is the team itself.

That’s where we separate. You think Dallas can put enough around Dak while paying him like they are.

They can’t.

Dak the player is a non issue. But he’s also not anything special but is payed like he is Josh Allen.

Dallas can get Dak results with Cooper Rush. Even Andy Dalton had a higher win % than Dak.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I think yourecomparing apples to oranges . Let’s talk when cooper led team runs off 10 in a row
And the defense was half decent and half not decent the not decent part showed up against Green Bay much like 14
Alright you are right. I'm going to try cheering them on as best as I can.

That includes Dak when he returns/.

starfan1

Reaction score
Alright you are right. I'm going to try cheering them on as best as I can.

That includes Dak when he returns/.
I am too my biggest concern again this year on the line is the same 2 spots as last year
LG & C we need them to be solid in run blocking because Dak led or Rush led this team goes nowhere without a quality run game

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am too my biggest concern again this year on the line is the same 2 spots as last year
LG & C we need them to be solid in run blocking because Dak led or Rush led this team goes nowhere without a quality run game
Yep...and we GOT to get vertical...no matter who the RB is. I was watching ohio state (imagine that! :D ) against rutgers. The B!G announcer said that's how you get a good run game going...get those big guys moving up/forward. Any RB can find something if you do that.

We have not been doing a good job...(it's why Pollards outside runs/pitches look better than up the middle) .until this year finally seeing SOME push. If we can keep that up and keep improving.....can;t wait to see what Dak can do with it. He might even run a couple yards himself!

starfan1

Reaction score
Yep...and we GOT to get vertical...no matter who the RB is. I was watching ohio state (imagine that! :D ) against rutgers. The B!G announcer said that's how you get a good run game going...get those big guys moving up/forward. Any RB can find something if you do that.

We have not been doing a good job...(it's why Pollards outside runs/pitches look better than up the middle) .until this year finally seeing SOME push. If we can keep that up and keep improving.....can;t wait to see what Dak can do with it. He might even run a couple yards himself!
I watched bama and Arkansas that run game put it on the hogs

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
so of those 14 penalties many that put us behind the chains how many of them were on dak? I get it he didnt play well but the entire team stunk at some level.
The 14 penalties have nothing to do with my point that the game was there for the taking at the end and he crumbled.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Who is talking about the Niner game? We all watched it and we all know Dak played like crap.. But did you happen to notice the defense giving up 6 yards a carry on the ground that day? The Niners controlled the game with their defense and their running game. Their QB was worse than Dak that day.. He just had more help. If Dak plays the exact same game that he played but Moore dials up 160 yards from the running game and the defense holds the Niners to < 3 ypc on the ground the Cowboys win that game by double digits.. Which is entirely MY point. We all want Dak to be able to overcome every single time the other parts of the team crap the bed. And sometimes he has done exactly that.. But it's not realistic to expect it every time.. Sometimes, he's going to crap the bed right along with them.. Maybe something in the team pregame meal? Dak has at least two more years left on his contract to get er done in Dallas. If he fails to do so he will join Wentz, Goff, Mariota, Winston et al bouncing around the league for the rest of his career. Since I know he's got those two years, I'm not going to be expend a whole lot of energy trying to fast forward.. I'm going to try and enjoy what's in front of me.

With all due respect, your entire post is irrelevant to my point. All of your points notwithstanding, the game was there for the taking at the end and we were in a perfect position to do so. He crumbled on that last drive.