I honestly don't get the Zeke and Amari hate

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Amari Cooper is about 100 yards away from breaking 1,000 yards this season with the majority of it has been from bums behind centers. If he crosses that threshold, he would've crossed it for the last 5 out of 6 years as a starter in the NFL. The only time he didn't do so, he was hurt. Dude has more than earned his money and will be just as good going forward with Dak.

Zeke-I somewhat understand. However, Zeke is playing behind a line that no longer has ANY of his starters. Yesterday was also a prime example of Moore abandoning the run because we were done. This is what happens when you have a poor defense, you have to abandon your winning formula. Without his starting qb, and his offensive line, Zeke is about 200 yards away from getting over 1k and is averaging about 4 yards a carry. I thought he looked very good yesterday. My only issue with him this year has been the fumbles but i feel that's him trying to do too much because the talent around him is very good.

I hope the front office doesn't take the cheese that some fans are trying to sell. Fix this defense, protect your quarterback with a good line and everything else will fall in line.

You are about to get stoned to death like in the Biblical days my man when it comes to Zeke. I would not even try to explain your reasons on that subject.

Kumala808

Reaction score
zeke and amari are not the issue. its the line, playcalling, decision making and my goodness this defense. Zeke was looking great and they went away from it. Your best defense is keeping your offense on the field.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Zeke-I somewhat understand. However, Zeke is playing behind a line that no longer has ANY of his starters.

Last two years, Zeke's ypc has been about 0.8 less than Pollard's. Oline can't block for Zeke, but can block for Pollard?

People keep making excuses for Zeke. Across a host of stats, he has been bad this year. Then add in the fumbles. His EPA was deep in the negatives, one of the worst backs in the league.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I don't hate Amari Cooper. It's his personality type the sleepy quiet type that he has. He's a great player. Followed him his whole career and he just runs some the wrong way when he disappears because of his personality. He is the ahy quiet type.
Yeah he's got that donald driver type personality. Shows up, does his job, very technical, and then goes home.

I'm actually okay with having a WR who is a little more chill considering WR is arguably the most common position for locker-room divas and team cancers

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Amari Cooper is about 100 yards away from breaking 1,000 yards this season with the majority of it has been from bums behind centers. If he crosses that threshold, he would've crossed it for the last 5 out of 6 years as a starter in the NFL. The only time he didn't do so, he was hurt. Dude has more than earned his money and will be just as good going forward with Dak.

Zeke-I somewhat understand. However, Zeke is playing behind a line that no longer has ANY of his starters. Yesterday was also a prime example of Moore abandoning the run because we were done. This is what happens when you have a poor defense, you have to abandon your winning formula. Without his starting qb, and his offensive line, Zeke is about 200 yards away from getting over 1k and is averaging about 4 yards a carry. I thought he looked very good yesterday. My only issue with him this year has been the fumbles but i feel that's him trying to do too much because the talent around him is very good.

I hope the front office doesn't take the cheese that some fans are trying to sell. Fix this defense, protect your quarterback with a good line and everything else will fall in line.
its about the money. its not about the player. some of these fans, just hate athletes making money so they just hate...including Dak. they hate Dak because of 35M, that's all they say 35 35 35 and next week 40 40 40.....and same with cooper. same with Zeke. if we had Mahomes and handed him 50M they would be against Mahomes. if we handed Brady 35M in the off season they would hate on Brady....that's all it is. the money.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
its about the money. its not about the player. some of these fans, just hate athletes making money so they just hate...including Dak. they hate Dak because of 35M, that's all they say 35 35 35 and next week 40 40 40.....and same with cooper. same with Zeke. if we had Mahomes and handed him 50M they would be against Mahomes. if we handed Brady 35M in the off season they would hate on Brady....that's all it is. the money.

You may be right.. and it's a sad way to go through life.. Mad at people who make more money than you.. Unless your name is Gates, Bezos, Buffett the list of people who make more than you has a like a billion people on it.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Dude it's not worth the effort trying to understand haters. Hate is not a rational emotion and it is almost never based on logic or reason. Cooper and Zeke are both very good NFL players.. who in the estimation of some internet experts make too much money.. never mind the fact that the reason they make so much money is that people pay truckloads of cash to watch them play. So by watching them play, the haters are helping to justify their paychecks. I don't think the front office pays any attention to what these whiny fans say. Nor should it. We fans have a right to piss and moan about this or that.. But we don't get a vote on how the team is built or who gets paid what. Like you my only issue with Zeke has been the fumbles.. and I agree that in most cases he's gotten caught up trying to do too much. When he just focuses on doing his job and only his job he's been fine. Even the last one against Washington he got caught trying to reach the ball to the sticks when it really wasn't necessary. It was going to be 2nd and less than 1 I think.. He looked really good last night and had we been able to keep the game closer (thanks defense) I have no doubt he was on his way to well over 100 yards. There was more than one 3rd and short play where he got zero blocking but bulled and pulled the defense for the first down anyway. That's what I love about that kid.. I just wish Moore would scheme up something other than the delay up the middle for him. With the line being where it is, that is just sacrificing Zeke to the lions, the ones in the Bible, not in Detroit.
LOL I quit reading after you sai Zeke is a very good NFL player. No, he really isn’t.

aria

Reaction score
A lot of fans on this board appear to not watch the games at all. They look at the box scores and then come to argue about it.
:laugh: Says the guy who claims Morris and Gallman are better than Barkley simply by the stats you get from the box score. Biggest hypocrite on the board right here.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Yeah he's got that donald driver type personality. Shows up, does his job, very technical, and then goes home.

I'm actually okay with having a WR who is a little more chill considering WR is arguably the most common position for locker-room divas and team cancers
Yep and I have always chalked it up to the fact those guys can be difficult to read and that is what people don't like. I am okay with it.

kskboys

Reaction score
No, it's not. It's about players underperforming their contracts.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

What is there to like about Zeke, lets start there.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I like that his head is so big that when he runs, he's guaranteed to get 2 to 3 yards from momentum from the weight of his head.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

the line is making Zeke fumble

basel90

Reaction score

Zeke is a bust now . No juice , and bad PR . And overpaid .

kskboys

Reaction score
Um contracts are LITERALLY about money.. Unless they're paying in cattle or sheep these days..
Of course, but most people are not concerned w/ how much money players make except where the salary cap is concerned. It's not about jealousy as was suggested, it's about fitting salaries under the cap. You may find that jealousy elsewhere, but not here on a team site.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Of course, but most people are not concerned w/ how much money players make except where the salary cap is concerned. It's not about jealousy as was suggested, it's about fitting salaries under the cap. You may find that jealousy elsewhere, but not here on a team site.
It’s also about asshats being paid about 10X as well as they perform on the field. Zeke should be paying JJ to play.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Well just so you know I was just ribbin ya. I knew what you meant. But I will respectfully disagree about the jealousy thing. A lot of these people are lime green over how much money these guys make. And at the risk of opening that can of worms and having the post deleted.. a lot of it seems to have a lot to do with their melanin content. I mean weren't we still paying Romo two years after he retired? Didn't he get several contracts that paid him "elite money" despite not having won a damn thing? I don't recall there being nearly this much hue and cry over his deals. Same with Sean Lee. Dude is a lock to miss 30-40% of the season but still got a second and third contract.. Not a peep.. Witten was paid top tight end dollar for a decade.. Nobody minded. Zack Martin was the highest paid guard in league history when he signed his deal.. Cheers.. Ditto for Fredbeard and his deal. Yet when the Cowboys had done the same with Tyron a couple of years earlier, even with it being the most team friendly deal you could imagine at 10 years folks were up in arms cause it was going to "come back to bite us on the cap.." When they locked up Collins it was "why are they paying him when he hasn't one anything yet?" I know it's an unpleasant artifact of the human condition.. but it's a very real one.. Run down the list of guys whose contracts get the most hate.. Crawford, Lawrence, Jaylon, Zeke, Amari, Tyron, LC and soon to be Dak.. Yes some on that list have underperformed.. but others.. like Coop.. like Tyron, like Lawrence and yes Dak have just kept ballin regardless of paycheck. I think we ought to do a better job of appreciating it. I know that's not how fandom works. But I've always been a bit of a romantic.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No, it's not. It's about players underperforming their contracts.
so based on that these are the ones under performing
Zeke
Jaylon Smith
Smith (always injured...time to go)
Collins (injured so not playing up to his contract)
Lawrence
Crawford

and whose fault is that?