I honestly don't get the Zeke and Amari hate

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I get the hate, and so does @rocyaice! It only took him 5 years but he finally came around tonight and agreed with me. Isn’t that right @rocyaice or should I post a picture of the conversation in case you have sudden amnesia?
200.gif

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Amari Cooper is about 100 yards away from breaking 1,000 yards this season with the majority of it has been from bums behind centers. If he crosses that threshold, he would've crossed it for the last 5 out of 6 years as a starter in the NFL. The only time he didn't do so, he was hurt. Dude has more than earned his money and will be just as good going forward with Dak.

Zeke-I somewhat understand. However, Zeke is playing behind a line that no longer has ANY of his starters. Yesterday was also a prime example of Moore abandoning the run because we were done. This is what happens when you have a poor defense, you have to abandon your winning formula. Without his starting qb, and his offensive line, Zeke is about 200 yards away from getting over 1k and is averaging about 4 yards a carry. I thought he looked very good yesterday. My only issue with him this year has been the fumbles but i feel that's him trying to do too much because the talent around him is very good.

I hope the front office doesn't take the cheese that some fans are trying to sell. Fix this defense, protect your quarterback with a good line and everything else will fall in line.

I honestly don't understand the QB hate. Bums? Really..........

You do understand that the built in excuses you make for your guys apply to the QBs as well right?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Amari Cooper is about 100 yards away from breaking 1,000 yards this season with the majority of it has been from bums behind centers. If he crosses that threshold, he would've crossed it for the last 5 out of 6 years as a starter in the NFL. The only time he didn't do so, he was hurt. Dude has more than earned his money and will be just as good going forward with Dak.

Zeke-I somewhat understand. However, Zeke is playing behind a line that no longer has ANY of his starters. Yesterday was also a prime example of Moore abandoning the run because we were done. This is what happens when you have a poor defense, you have to abandon your winning formula. Without his starting qb, and his offensive line, Zeke is about 200 yards away from getting over 1k and is averaging about 4 yards a carry. I thought he looked very good yesterday. My only issue with him this year has been the fumbles but i feel that's him trying to do too much because the talent around him is very good.

I hope the front office doesn't take the cheese that some fans are trying to sell. Fix this defense, protect your quarterback with a good line and everything else will fall in line.
Amari has stepped up to show his worth in the absence of Dak and OL but Zeke has not.

Amari has been the most consistent player on the team this year. His route running and separation has made him QB proof....other than the underhand throwing B.A.D. No one should have a problem with him IMO.

Zeke on the other hand is the anti-Amari.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I like Amari. Good player. Great guy. But you need to cut him after next year for the good of the team because we can use that $20M better on defense and we still have good receivers without him.

kskboys

Reaction score
I like Amari. Good player. Great guy. But you need to cut him after next year for the good of the team because we can use that $20M better on defense and we still have good receivers without him.
Because of that, I've not let myself grow all that fond of him.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amari has stepped up to show his worth in the absence of Dak and OL but Zeke has not.

Amari has been the most consistent player on the team this year. His route running and separation has made him QB proof....other than the underhand throwing B.A.D. No one should have a problem with him IMO.

Zeke on the other hand is the anti-Amari.
Amari can go out there one on one and beat a man.

Zeke has to take on the entire defense....

Your comparison is BS.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Amari can go out there one on one and beat a man.

Zeke has to take on the entire defense....

Your comparison is BS.
I did not make a comparison. I stated a fact. You on the other hand made an excuse for Zeke.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
You left out:

Lee (always injured ... time to go)
Martin (missed games two of the last three seasons about to miss 6 games this year and played one series in two others so really closer to 8 games missed.. time to go? Or should we just keep the Uber gassed up to take him out of town next year?)
LVE ( always injured .. time to go I know he's on a rookie deal but is he playing appreciably better than the other LBs?)

Someone tell me what's different about these lists.
I see what you think you see there, and I would be willing to bet a whole bunch of money you see it in a lot of places it isn't.

I'm not afraid to answer to you guys who think you can post these veiled comments. Makes me sick.

Not that you would care, but blocking you If I want to see baiting, I'll watch the news.

kskboys

Reaction score
I see what you think you see there, and I would be willing to bet a whole bunch of money you see it in a lot of places it isn't.

I'm not afraid to answer to you guys who think you can post these veiled comments. Makes me sick.

Not that you would care, but blocking you If I want to see baiting, I'll watch the news.
I was highly disappointed when Ron posted that. I hope that's not what he meant. Ick.

aria

Reaction score
I was highly disappointed when Ron posted that. I hope that's not what he meant. Ick.
Don’t underestimate him. Well underestimate him because most of his hypocritical posts are garbage and he doesn’t respond when people contradict him with facts but he knew exactly what he was doing in that post.

On a side note, Cincy has allowed the 4th most rushing yards in the league. This will be the worst run defense we’ve faced by a decent amount, zeke should have his best day this year. Ain’t that right @rocyaice?

kskboys

Reaction score
Don’t underestimate him. Well underestimate him because most of his hypocritical posts are garbage and he doesn’t respond when people contradict him with facts but he knew exactly what he was doing in that post.

On a side note, Cincy has allowed the 4th most rushing yards in the league. This will be the worst run defense we’ve faced by a decent amount, zeke should have his best day this year. Ain’t that right @rocyaice?
He's got a ton of good knowledge that I like to peruse. Just have to differentiate between info and opinion.

aria

Reaction score
He's got a ton of good knowledge that I like to peruse. Just have to differentiate between info and opinion.
If he applied it universally then that would be one thing but when he selectively applies it to just zeke and not other RB’s that is biased. He also goes off the rails when he doesn’t have legitimate answers (ie Barkey made the Giants almost last ranked O line look worse then then they really were; Gallman and Moore have a higher YPC average than Barkley so they are better than Barkley but that doesn’t apply to Pollard or when Moore had a higher YPC than zeke during the suspension; the Cowboys O line was never mentioned as being the reason for zeke’s past success but now it’s a legitimate excuse; no other RB’s got the O line excuse when zeke was doing well but now he gets it; it goes on and on) Too much for me to waste my time filtering out.

See how I appropriately used the word biased and gave examples @rocyaice? I’m still waiting for you to give me examples of how the stats and articles I’ve posted are biased just because I think zeke is scum.

garyv

Reaction score

The topic of Elliott just going on during NFL pregame and they said Elliott is not an elite back anymore. Personally I could move on from him next year and be fine. Got his contract and not the same RB he was before contract.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
If he applied it universally then that would be one thing but when he selectively applies it to just zeke and not other RB’s that is biased. He also goes off the rails when he doesn’t have legitimate answers (ie Barkey made the Giants almost last ranked O line look worse then then they really were; Gallman and Moore have a higher YPC average than Barkley so they are better than Barkley but that doesn’t apply to Pollard or when Moore had a higher YPC than zeke during the suspension; the Cowboys O line was never mentioned as being the reason for zeke’s past success but now it’s a legitimate excuse; no other RB’s got the O line excuse when zeke was doing well but now he gets it; it goes on and on) Too much for me to waste my time filtering out.

See how I appropriately used the word biased and gave examples @rocyaice? I’m still waiting for you to give me examples of how the stats and articles I’ve posted are biased just because I think zeke is scum.
Sure, but everyone is biased in one way or another. Ron was a RB himself, college level I think, and so he favors the position. What Zeke really has is that rare ability to turn something into nothing. He never was that long HR threat that people are begging for, though he'll assuredly break one now and then.

RB's who hit the hole quickly always make your OL better. Barkley is more of a dancer. Dancers are always harder to block for. That is what Ron really means, and he's right. Plus, the grinders are always more conducive to winning super bowls.

YPC tells a person almost nothing about the RB, on that we agree!!!!!!

Mannix

Reaction score
Cooper plays football because he found out that he was pretty good at it, and could make a great living doing it....and for NO other reason.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Cooper plays football because he found out that he was pretty good at it, and could make a great living doing it....and for NO other reason.
This is just silly at best. You clearly have no idea how hard players work to even be average. You actually have to want it to a much higher degree.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Really?????? That's your lost because when you're making the kind of money these two are making your game should go to another level that is higher than below average. Zek has more fumbles tan Carter's got pills and Cooooooooper seems to be standing on the sidelines when we need him the most.