I hope Dak signs with another team

HungryLion

Reaction score
Not one QB that’s ever been released or allowed to walk in free agency by their original team has ever led another team to the Super Bowl. Those of you who keep coming up with castoffs to replace Dak need to think about that.

I am mostly for keeping Dak. But

Kurt Warner?

Peyton Manning?

both were allowed to walk due to injury issues
I believe.

Reactions: CWR

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak will either play under the franchise tag or sign for less than his agent told him to. He should know better than to fall for his agent's BS. I wouldn't be shocked in the least if Dak wisely fires his agent for misleading him. He did so with his first agent and could easily do so again. Let's hope he does! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I am mostly for keeping Dak. But

Kurt Warner?

Peyton Manning?

both were allowed to walk due to injury issues
I believe.

I just mentioned Peyton Manning but he was allowed to walk due to an injury. The Colts had a dilemma and had to make a tough decision. He certainly wasn’t released due to ineffective play. Kurt Warner is another one I left out but he was a proven QB like Peyton Manning who had won a championship. He had won a Super Bowl and was a league MVP. He was released by the Giants because of his health and they had just used the number one overall pick on a QB. The QBs that are being mentioned to replace Dak are castoffs who have won nothing. They’re not being released due to injury.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I've tried to keep an objective opinion about this matter, but the more time that passes, the more he says, the more his fans say, and the more I recollect on Dak's play, I have come to the conclusion that he should be somewhere else in 2020.
It all comes down to results, and for Dak to be demanding big money, despite missing the playoffs in 2019 and not producing when the games mattered, it shows a lack of maturity and a mindset that I believe will be detrimental to the team.
Only in Dallas would a quarterback who loses half his games be coddled to the extent that he thinks he should be one of the highest paid players in the NFL.
I hope the Cowboys offer him the non-exclusive tag and another team offers him more, and he gets to see what playing for another team is like.
serious.gif

HungryLion

Reaction score
I just mentioned Peyton Manning but he was allowed to walk due to an injury. The Colts had a dilemma and had to make a tough decision. He certainly wasn’t released due to ineffective play. Kurt Warner is another one I left out but he was a proven QB like Peyton Manning who had won a championship. He had won a Super Bowl and was a league MVP. He was released by the Giants because of his health and they had just used the number one overall pick on a QB. The QBs that are being mentioned to replace Dak are castoffs who have won nothing. They’re not being released due to injury.

Oh I agree with you that getting rid of Dak for a cast off would not be wise.

I did think it was an interesting question to dive into? Trying to remember if any QB’s fit that criteria.

Drew Brees is another one. But his was injury related as well, as teams didn’t know if he would ever be 100% again after surgery on his throwing shoulder.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Oh I agree with you that getting rid of Dak for a cast off would not be wise.

I did think it was an interesting question to dive into? Trying to remember if any QB’s fit that criteria.

Drew Brees is another one. But his was injury related as well, as teams didn’t know if he would ever be 100% again after surgery on his throwing shoulder.

Yes, Brees would be another one but again it was an injury that got him released, not his performance and the fact that the Chargers used the fourth overall pick on a QB a couple of years earlier. Their dilemma with similar to what the Colts went through with Manning. I can’t think of a QB who was released by their original team due to going bust that went on to lead another team to a Super Bowl. The three QBs that were released by their original team that lead other teams to the Super Bowl are Hall of Fame QB’s.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
We not only need one merged Dak thread, but the OP needs his own as well. :muttley:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Brett Favre was another one I left out to go along with Jim Plunkett, Steve Young, Doug Williams and Craig Morton as QBs who were traded from their original team and went on the lead another organization to a Super Bowl. Ryan Tannehill who was traded from the Dolphins to the Titans came close this past season. History has shown you’re not going to get anywhere with a QB who’s been kicked to the curb especially by multiple teams.

Brax

Reaction score
Big fail.
At this time last year, no quarterback in the league had led more game-winning drives since 2016 than Dak Prescott.
What a difference a year makes, zero come from behinds, lot's of stats against the below average teams, the only big fail was Dak again and again. Dak has cost the team a #1 draft pick, wasted cap money on other player needed to prop him up and now he wants top dollar for his great effort of 8-8. Every year he shows minimal improvement and it just reinforces the truth Dak can't win on his talent and that is what top paid QB's do, you are just blind to it or maybe you are a troll.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've tried to keep an objective opinion about this matter, but the more time that passes, the more he says, the more his fans say, and the more I recollect on Dak's play, I have come to the conclusion that he should be somewhere else in 2020.
It all comes down to results, and for Dak to be demanding big money, despite missing the playoffs in 2019 and not producing when the games mattered, it shows a lack of maturity and a mindset that I believe will be detrimental to the team.
Only in Dallas would a quarterback who loses half his games be coddled to the extent that he thinks he should be one of the highest paid players in the NFL.
I hope the Cowboys offer him the non-exclusive tag and another team offers him more, and he gets to see what playing for another team is like.

You were voted as the All Time #1 Troll at another Cowboys message board (Before Mike Fisher bought it).

Are you going for #1 here also?

bcavi

Reaction score
What a difference a year makes, zero come from behinds, lot's of stats against the below average teams, the only big fail was Dak again and again. Dak has cost the team a #1 draft pick, wasted cap money on other player needed to prop him up and now he wants top dollar for his great effort of 8-8. Every year he shows minimal improvement and it just reinforces the truth Dak can't win on his talent and that is what top paid QB's do, you are just blind to it or maybe you are a troll.

This is a straight up lie. Our 8-8 season is all on Dak? Get a grip dude.

Last edited:

Brax

Reaction score
This is a straight up lie. Our 8-8 season is all on Dak? Get a grip dude.
You need to get a grip, this is reality not a lie, do you even have the mentality to know what a lie is? You give Dak a pass on everything when he is the guy who touches the ball 99% of the offensive plays, you like to give him the glory he should also get the blame that's just the way it is. Dak was the leader of a 8-8 team and he failed miserably in the biggest game of the season leading the team to a mind blowing 9 points, yes you need to get a grip on reality.

Last edited:

bcavi

Reaction score
You

You need to get a grip, you give Dak a pass on everything when he is the guy who touches the ball 99% of the offensive plays, you like to give him the glory he should also get the blame that's just the way it is. Dak was the leader of a 8-8 team and he failed miserably in the biggest game of the season leading the team to a mind blowing 9 points, yes you need to get a grip on reality.

You obviously don't understand team football. See the ridiculous moments our team missed tackles, our special teams, dropped balls, which Dallas lead the league in? I don't need to be educated. Your emotions are obviously in play. Get a grip. Our season was Dak's fault. That was your mantra homie. Not true.

Brax

Reaction score
You obviously don't understand team football. See the ridiculous moments our team missed tackles, our special teams, dropped balls, which Dallas lead the league in. I don't need to be educated. Your emotions are obviously in play. Hey a grip. Our season was Dak's fault. That was your mantra homie. Not true.
Not your homie Dude, and I can see your Dak feelings are all a tissy, don't go crying see if mama can give you some comfort then come back after your nap.

bcavi

Reaction score
Not your homie Dude, and I can see your Dak feelings are all a tissy, don't go crying see if mama can give you some comfort then come back after your nap.

Now you are just resorting to childish rhetoric. Just because I call you homie, does not mean friendly. Gives me an idea you just don't understand the tone.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope Dak signs with another team
Congratulations to the thread reaching ten pages. Here are ten movie lines of hope in commemoration of the achievement.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You need to get a grip, this is reality not a lie, do you even have the mentality to know what a lie is? You give Dak a pass on everything when he is the guy who touches the ball 99% of the offensive plays, you like to give him the glory he should also get the blame that's just the way it is. Dak was the leader of a 8-8 team and he failed miserably in the biggest game of the season leading the team to a mind blowing 9 points, yes you need to get a grip on reality.

yes he touches the ball on all offensive plays.

And he is on the field for 0% of the defensive plays and 0% of the special teams plays.

Take in the fact that the offense was #1 in yards and #6 in points and that alone should tell you the offense probably isn’t the main reason for a team being 8-8.

Brax

Reaction score

yes he touches the ball on all offensive plays.

And he is on the field for 0% of the defensive plays and 0% of the special teams plays.

Take in the fact that the offense was #1 in yards and #6 in points and that alone should tell you the offense probably isn’t the main reason for a team being 8-8.
Actually the O must shoulder most of the blame due to the repeated lack of first half points. The only time the #1 offense showed up was against the dregs. The constant theme it seems is the D was so bad yet it was the O that fail to score against good teams. Yes the D wasn’t great but when have they been? You are quick to praise Dak yet excuse his 9 point masterpieces and games like the jets, what you want is the 85 Bears D at bargain basement prices so they can prop Dak up. Let’s see at this point Dak needs elite talent at all the offensive positions and now he needs a elite D to hold teams under 9 points. Looks like a lot of pain for you the next few years because it not happening because Jerry believes the O can carry the team and sadly that is not the case.[/QUOTE]

HungryLion

Reaction score

Actually the O must shoulder most of the blame due to the repeated lack of first half points. The only time the #1 offense showed up was against the dregs. The constant theme it seems is the D was so bad yet it was the O that fail to score against good teams. Yes the D wasn’t great but when have they been? You are quick to praise Dak yet excuse his 9 point masterpieces and games like the jets, what you want is the 85 Bears D at bargain basement prices so they can prop Dak up. Let’s see at this point Dak needs elite talent at all the offensive positions and now he needs a elite D to hold teams under 9 points. Looks like a lot of pain for you the next few years because it not happening because Jerry believes the O can carry the team and sadly that is not the case.

Yeah most of this post is just false.

The defense forced a horrendously low amount of turnovers and the Cowboys legit had the worst special teams in the entire league. That’s not hyperbole that is a fact.

Yet you want to put all the blame for 8-8 on the offense? That’s just nonsense.

CWR

Reaction score
Brett Favre was another one I left out to go along with Jim Plunkett, Steve Young, Doug Williams and Craig Morton as QBs who were traded from their original team and went on the lead another organization to a Super Bowl. Ryan Tannehill who was traded from the Dolphins to the Titans came close this past season. History has shown you’re not going to get anywhere with a QB who’s been kicked to the curb especially by multiple teams.

Drew Brees as well.