I hope Dak signs with another team

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
what Super Bowl bound team is a QB like Dak away from a ring? Not sure there is one as close as Dallas is/was?
How do you know who is superbowl bound without no free agency or draft? I want to resign Dak cause that gives Dallas its best chance to finally get over the hump, so I agree with you on that.

Vikings and Saints come to mind immediately by possible superbowl contenders.......if Brees isn't resigned. Titans and Colts would take Dak if he hit the open market too. Maybe Denver and the Chargers although KC looks to be top of that division but we never know. Belichek with Dak could do wonders in his system. Just spitting out a few things but if Dak leaves I'm positive he would win a superbowl with another team....... unless it's with the dolphins or Jets Haha

GoJacks

Reaction score
Do you recall how hard it was to find Romo after Troy retired? Those were some lean years. KC got lucky finding Mahomes. I've never seen a QB come in a light it up liked he did. THe odds are it takes years to replace Dak. Better to keep him and let Mike build a team that can win.
It's hard to build a team with an average quarterback when you are paying said quarterback top dollar.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
He can go for the simple fact that he endorsed Garrett staying. My fandom stopped right there. If he comes back its whatever. Hes dead to me

p_tubbs

Reaction score
I've tried to keep an objective opinion about this matter, but the more time that passes, the more he says, the more his fans say, and the more I recollect on Dak's play, I have come to the conclusion that he should be somewhere else in 2020.
It all comes down to results, and for Dak to be demanding big money, despite missing the playoffs in 2019 and not producing when the games mattered, it shows a lack of maturity and a mindset that I believe will be detrimental to the team.
Only in Dallas would a quarterback who loses half his games be coddled to the extent that he thinks he should be one of the highest paid players in the NFL.
I hope the Cowboys offer him the non-exclusive tag and another team offers him more, and he gets to see what playing for another team is like.

This thread defines Idiotic. I pray to choose another team to cheer for.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What’s more important. Is that you possibly go along with him

bcavi

Reaction score
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/overall-drive-statsoff/2019

Dak is not the issue here. What is the deal with some of you? Our special teams was horrific, not only on average starting field position for our offense, but defensively as well. The defensive interceptions were bad, the kicker was terrible. Special teams mattered in a huge way last year. We started deeper offensively on our own yard line, and we, on average, gave shorter fields to our opponents.

And...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/advanced.htm

Drops by our receivers were terrible.

Dak is not perfect, but he's a baller, and did not quit on his team. Why would someone throw that out there? Is trying to stick to your position that important that you make stuff up? You don't injure your throwing shoulder and play through it if you are a quitter and just want the money. He could have injured it much worse. I feel Dak wanted to win more than most on his team did...

I am not understanding exactly where the resolute trade Dak faction is coming from without realistically looking at the aspects of the team that worsened our season. Coaching, which has been overstated, but true, was terrible...(I'm saying this as Charles Barkley would...) It is interesting that many of you keep telling us how bad Dak is, but even with his faults last year he was not the reason we did not make the playoffs. The Joneses stubbornly sticking with Maher, our special team's coach and their overall performance on the field. Our defense was middle of the pack, but ST impacted this, but they still should have been better, and our offense could have had faster starts... Is that Dak or coaching? We'll see, but just pay Dak. Salaries are going up anyway..., however, I like Dak, but I would not pay him close to 40 mil, but 35, no issue.

Mods, if I put links that I should not have, please delete this post. After all, I am just some random dude on the internet. I'm okay with that though....

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
no.
pay him.
we have a QB who can win.
and tho there are some games and throws he'd like to have back...our problems and why we went 8-8 and missed the playoffs aint on him.
we have a good young QB who has gotten better each season.
pay him.

I have no problem with "Pay him", As long as they don't overpay him to the extent that we can't afford the other help we need as well.
I like Dak, but we also need some serious help on the defense. I just hope they find a way to pay everybody, and not just Dak.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah, let Dak sign with another team and leave us without a QB. We can go with Cooper Rush or maybe bring back Mike White. I’m sure either one of those options would excite a good percentage on this board. We can always bring in a cast off that’s failed for another team, which is the masterplan some of you have. I can only think of 4 QBs in the history of the NFL that left their original team and led another team to the Super Bowl. Jim Plunkett, Steve Young, Doug Williams and Craig Morton. All 4 of those QBs were traded which means they had some value. Those of you who think some castoff who’s been allowed to walk and is bouncing from team to team in fee agency like a Case Keenum is going to come to Dallas and resurrect their career by leading the Cowboys to the Super Bowl are being ridiculous! They’re all on the streets for a reason and if you can’t figure out why then football isn’t for you!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not one QB that’s ever been released or allowed to walk in free agency by their original team has ever led another team to the Super Bowl. Those of you who keep coming up with castoffs to replace Dak need to think about that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He can go for the simple fact that he endorsed Garrett staying. My fandom stopped right there. If he comes back its whatever. Hes dead to me
You really expected any player to publicly say he wants the existing coach fired? How many other QBs do that, and why is it expected with Dak and not with them?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I would like to see Dak stay with the Cowboys, however, value is important when signing a player at that level of investment. Is it smart to pay top dollar to a player who seems to be mediocre without an all star supporting cast? Seems like players among the highest paid should be elevating the team by just being on the field.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
You really expected any player to publicly say he wants the existing coach fired? How many other QBs do that, and why is it expected with Dak and not with them?
He couldve gave a bs answer like he always does. (Its a business and the front office chose to go in a different direction). The only way id respect him again is if he lobbys for Dez. Dak lookin real suspect to me lately.

leeblair

Reaction score
Dak is like that last missile fired by a ship's captain, who knows his ship is sinking.
Jason Garrett was going down, but he has left the Cowboys with Dak; and that last missile could wreck this team for years to come.
That's why I came to the decision that Dak needs to go. Dak was trained under Garrett's incompetence, and he seems to think that 8-8 is an acceptable resume for a marquee player.
I think he will continue to struggle in a leadership role, because he's had everything handed to him at this point and seems to not understand his role.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I've tried to keep an objective opinion about this matter, but the more time that passes, the more he says, the more his fans say, and the more I recollect on Dak's play, I have come to the conclusion that he should be somewhere else in 2020.
It all comes down to results, and for Dak to be demanding big money, despite missing the playoffs in 2019 and not producing when the games mattered, it shows a lack of maturity and a mindset that I believe will be detrimental to the team.
Only in Dallas would a quarterback who loses half his games be coddled to the extent that he thinks he should be one of the highest paid players in the NFL.
I hope the Cowboys offer him the non-exclusive tag and another team offers him more, and he gets to see what playing for another team is like.

You proved that your football knowledge is limited. First off the defense was as much responsible as Prescott might have been for many of the losses. Second I'll expand on this by saying it's a TEAM sport and unless you're going to say every other player made no mistakes and did their job on every play and that Prescott was the only player not to, then you MIGHT have a point. Third, when was the last time that the #1 player the Cowboys wanted to get signed was signed this early in the process? To many here are under the extremely misguided delusion that 5 minutes ( and no I don;t mean literally) after the season ended that Prescott needed to be signed. Most of the time those types of contracts haven't got done until just hours before whatever deadline may apply. Lastly, going by what Prescott has publicly said that he isn't looking to and doesn't need to be the highest paid QB and that the length, bonuses and guaranteed money is what he is more interested in. The people here and around the league should stop their suppositions that Prescott is looking for a 40 mil a year contract.

fivetwos

Reaction score
A this can be summed up this way.....

Nothing wrong w Prescott as your QB moving ahead, but he cant be paid to the point where you cant field a team around him.

Since its extremely doubtful Jerry wants to move ahead in a different way, the reality here is they had a window to win before 21 and 4 needed to get paid.

That window was blown with the wrong coach. Now...they are going to break the bank to bring back status quo, with little chance to get over the hump.

It's all goes back to Jerry's mismanagement. Having hope w McCarthy is all fine and well, but its probably just more "hope," which is all Jerry sells.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Not one QB that’s ever been released or allowed to walk in free agency by their original team has ever led another team to the Super Bowl. Those of you who keep coming up with castoffs to replace Dak need to think about that.
I know free agency didn’t exist then, but Jim Plunkett won 2 Super Bowls with Oakland after being left on the NFL scrap heap.

By the way, I’m pro Dak and want to sign him. Just pointing out the info on Plunkett.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I know free agency didn’t exist then, but Jim Plunkett won 2 Super Bowls with Oakland after being left on the NFL scrap heap.

By the way, I’m pro Dak and want to sign him. Just pointing out the info on Plunkett.

Plunkett was traded to San Francisco then moved onto Oakland. He had a lot of talent which made him the number one overall pick but he played for two really bad teams. Even on those bad teams he showed potential. It’s extremely rare for a QB to be left for dead then go on to win championships. One player I left out was Peyton Manning who was released by the Colts due to injury, not poor performance. He led the Colts to a championship then went on to lead Denver to a championship. He’s the only QB to ever be released by his original team to go on to lead another organization to a championship .The QBs that are being mentioned by fans to replace Dak have done little to nothing. None of them are close to being as good as he is.