I hope Dak signs with another team

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Just curious why this thread hasn't been moved to the "Overtime Zone".

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I've tried to keep an objective opinion about this matter, but the more time that passes, the more he says, the more his fans say, and the more I recollect on Dak's play, I have come to the conclusion that he should be somewhere else in 2020.
It all comes down to results, and for Dak to be demanding big money, despite missing the playoffs in 2019 and not producing when the games mattered, it shows a lack of maturity and a mindset that I believe will be detrimental to the team.
Only in Dallas would a quarterback who loses half his games be coddled to the extent that he thinks he should be one of the highest paid players in the NFL.
I hope the Cowboys offer him the non-exclusive tag and another team offers him more, and he gets to see what playing for another team is like.
So you think Dak is worth two 1st round draft picks? Because that is what it will coast another team to sign Dak if Jerry used the non-exclusive franchise tag on him. They don't just outbid Jerry, they have to give up two 1st round picks. I don't see that happening and furthermore, I don't think you do either.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I hope Dak signs elsewhere as well. So when Jerry drafts the next paxton lynch we can watch Dak ball out and I'll still be cheering for him.

leeblair

Reaction score
So you think Dak is worth two 1st round draft picks? Because that is what it will coast another team to sign Dak if Jerry used the non-exclusive franchise tag on him. They don't just outbid Jerry, they have to give up two 1st round picks. I don't see that happening and furthermore, I don't think you do either.
No, but I have to wish for the best case scenario for the Cowboys.
And there are some pretty inept GM's in the NFL these days.

CWR

Reaction score
Oh I agree with you that getting rid of Dak for a cast off would not be wise.

I did think it was an interesting question to dive into? Trying to remember if any QB’s fit that criteria.

Drew Brees is another one. But his was injury related as well, as teams didn’t know if he would ever be 100% again after surgery on his throwing shoulder.

Yeah it was his shoulder. I remember that offseason teams were looking at both Brees and Culpepper. Culpepper was pretty prolific in Minnesota, had a 4700+ yard season in 04. Of course it helps to have Randy Moss, and I think Chris Carter was playing back then as well. Both QBs were considered risks. One thing about Brees though, even prior to the injury the FO wasn't convinced, and they had already drafted Rivers. Brees was going to be cast off regardless. He was set to meet the definition of cast off, just happened to get injured first. His first 3 years in the league didn't accurately forecast the QB he would become. The Chargers having #1 felt it prudent to take a franchise QB. The following season was Brees best as a pro, unfortunately the Chargers were already committed to Rivers for 40 million, back in the day when there weren't hard caps on rookies.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No, but I have to wish for the best case scenario for the Cowboys.
And there are some pretty inept GM's in the NFL these days.
As Cowboy fans, we all want what is best for the team. We just have different definitions of what that is. Getting two 1st round picks for Dak would be a good deal for the Cowboys. I'm a huge Dak fan but even I know this. However, I also know the likelihood of that happening is not very good. Besides, I think Jerry is content to just pay the price to use the exclusive franchise tag and trust in his negotiation skills to get a deal done by the July deadline.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He couldve gave a bs answer like he always does. (Its a business and the front office chose to go in a different direction). The only way id respect him again is if he lobbys for Dez. Dak lookin real suspect to me lately.
Seems to me he gave a pretty stock answer. I'm sure the advice it to always take the high road.