I just became a fan of one Pittsburgh Steeler

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's a legit bad-***.

His take on Kaepernick is pretty good, too:

“I don’t know if the most effective way is to sit down during the national anthem with a country that’s providing you freedom, providing you $16 million a year ... when there are black minorities that are dying in Iraq and Afghanistan for less than $20,000 a year," Villanueva told ESPN in 2016. “It’s his decision. Obviously he has brought up the issue in a great way. But I think if he encourages other players or other people in the stands to sit down, it’s going to send the wrong message.”

“I will be the first one to hold hands with Colin Kaepernick and do something about the way minorities are being treated in the United States, the injustice that is happening with police brutality, the justice system, inequalities in pay,” the veteran told the outlet. “You can’t do it by looking away from the people that are trying to protect our freedom and our country.”
Also worth noting, V took a bit of public heat from teammate James Harrison for this today, too.

superonyx

Reaction score
Good for him..He stood up for his beliefs.
Its just a shame people are only proud of those who stand up for what they happen to agree with.
Its easier for so many to ignore the message of the protesters and instead pretend they can determine for someone else what and how they should make their feelings known.
No one is looking away from members of the military. That's just not what its about.

But good for him and anyone who stands up for what they believe in. I applaud all of them.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
And Kaep is a terrible QB.

There are not 32 better QBs than him in the NFL. You can say whatever snarky comments you have to to make yourself feel better.

Do you disagree with the following seeing that this is what they are protesting for:

Police enjoy extra rights over the public that protect them from investigation and prosecution.
The standards for use of force need to be reformed.
Police do not receive near enough training.
There is an inherent conflict of interest in how police investigations and prosecutions are normally conducted.
Police policies like stop and frisk and broken windows are ineffective and disproportionately target minorities.

shabazz

Reaction score
Although I love the Anthem and this country I fear that the only solution may be to eliminate it from the NFl and NBA. It's clear that those players have little regard for it so it will always be a point of contention. NASCAR, and hockey seem to be good with it so no need to eliminate it as the participants and fans are enthusiastic and respectful toward what it represents.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
He's a legit bad-***.

His take on Kaepernick is pretty good, too:

“I don’t know if the most effective way is to sit down during the national anthem with a country that’s providing you freedom, providing you $16 million a year ... when there are black minorities that are dying in Iraq and Afghanistan for less than $20,000 a year," Villanueva told ESPN in 2016. “It’s his decision. Obviously he has brought up the issue in a great way. But I think if he encourages other players or other people in the stands to sit down, it’s going to send the wrong message.”

“I will be the first one to hold hands with Colin Kaepernick and do something about the way minorities are being treated in the United States, the injustice that is happening with police brutality, the justice system, inequalities in pay,” the veteran told the outlet. “You can’t do it by looking away from the people that are trying to protect our freedom and our country.”
Also worth noting, V took a bit of public heat from teammate James Harrison for this today, too.

I can respect that. At least he isnt trying to deny the original issue at hand and recognized it exists and needs to be fixed.

shabazz

Reaction score
And Kaep is a terrible QB.

Interestingly enough although I disagree with his politics I think he still has some game left in the right system. He's got a better arm than Dak and is a bigger threat to run. Just don't want him on my team, though

shabazz

Reaction score
Hmm. I wonder what make them different?

I haven't heard of any protest from them but I heard baseball had one so I'm not sure where that's heading. Or we can just play the Canadian National Anthem for all sports, lol

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There are not 32 better QBs than him in the NFL. You can say whatever snarky comments you have to to make yourself feel better.

That's your opinion not fact.... but now who is being the megalomaniac demanding his opinion be accepted as the truth? That would be you Fuzzy... hypocrisy at it's finest :D

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Interestingly enough although I disagree with his politics I think he still has some game left in the right system. He's got a better arm than Dak and is a bigger threat to run. Just don't want him on my team, though
He should be someones backup.