I Just don’t get the sudden Cooper Disappointment

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Is it really all that sudden? Feels like there has been a few little things that have added up to them not believing he is not a #1

Not on the field vs the Eagles late in the 4th quarter with the division title on the line
Disappearing on the road
Not getting vaccinated and missing an extra game because of it
Nonfactor in the playoffs
etc...

kevm3

Reaction score
We just strengthened another team and weakened our own for no reason. The team got worse. We traded a guy we used a 1 for and got a 5th rounder in return? If we are doing all that for cap space, what exactly are we going to do with that cap space to make such a move worth it? Resigning the same cast that didn't get it done last year isn't improving the team at all.

OhReally

Reaction score
I’d feel better with Coop in the fold but I always favored keeping Gallup over him. Cooper needs an accurate QB to thrive…he’s not a circus catch receiver like Gallup and Ceedee.

Sorry not sorry for wanting a 40 million dollar QB to throw accurate passes.

Cumart21

Reaction score
What is going on around this place? Vax versus AntiVax? Thought that crap didn't belong here.

Coop is a very good reciever. Different personality. Maybe misunderstood a bit but I'm not sure he's selfish.

He was very good here but unfortunately, the Cowboys can't pay three WRs big money (looking ahead to Lamb) so they had to move him. Good they got something for him because releasing him wouldn't changed the situation big time.

The negative, whiney people around here need to take up a new hobby because the Zone has become toxic. Unbearable.

Grenic

Reaction score
What is going on around this place? Vax versus AntiVax? Thought that crap didn't belong here.

Coop is a very good reciever. Different personality. Maybe misunderstood a bit but I'm not sure he's selfish.

He was very good here but unfortunately, the Cowboys can't pay three WRs big money (looking ahead to Lamb) so they had to move him. Good they got something for him because releasing him wouldn't changed the situation big time.

The negative, whiney people around here need to take up a new hobby because the Zone has become toxic. Unbearable.
It's clear it pissed off Jerry, so it's very realtive. Like it or not it probably sealed his fate here, never piss of the boss

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I'm disappointed because a significant portion of this board says signing players to max deals early is the way to go. "Cap is always going up." "It'll be a bargain in a couple years." Yet we have to cut or trade players because their cap hit is too much.

So, we just let go of a #1 WR, who's making Christian Kirk money, for a 5th round pick. Why wasn't having him locked up on a "bargain" contract not a benefit for our trade return?

Real answer is that internet talk is cheap. Money matters in the real world.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cooper is an EXCELLENT NFL receiver….Go back replay all the games & watch his sideline foot work catches….he’s one of the best in the league. If you can’t see that your freaking BLIND OR HAVE NO MEMORY AT ALL. Watch how many DB’s he just absolutely turns in circles….I played DB and that **** is EMBARRASSING LOL…I Think DUMB & DUMBER are either drinking too much or have early dementia….the older they get the more BONE HEADED they get.
You want to save some money!! TRADE ZEKE!!
He runs like my uncle who was born with 1 leg shorter than the other. DUMB & DUMBER just handed him a blank check and said write in what ever number you want Zeke….OR TRADE TANK!! SORRY But He Is So Over Rated And Always Has Been. The Moron Boys backed a DUMP TRUCK FULL OF CASH up to his house & left a mountain of it in the yard.
BUT NOOOOO ……Them Smart Billionaire Boys go and trade a GOOD SOLID TALENTED RECEIVER that’s never a problem, no drama in the locker room OR in his personal life, no domestic violence, no dwi, no drugs, just a straight up good dude……BUT WHAT DO THEY DO!!!….THEY KEEP A SLOW OVER PAID GIMPY RUNNING BACK & AN OVER HYPED DE…YEA!! THAT MAKES SENSE!!! THATS WHY WE WIN SO MANY PLAYOFF GAMES!!
I Must Be Just As Dumb To Keep Watching This Train Wreck Year After Year…..Lord Help Me
Lol nobody will trade for zeke
Coop is about 12-15 best rcvr in nfl. His intangibles are mediocre. He isn’t nearly worth 20m per year

Rayman70

Reaction score
Amari has played with Derek Carr(Mediocre) and Dak, a QB that has a playcaller that is learning on the job. That hurt Amari. He was at his best with Linehan. I think He had 1 year with him. The scheme matters, and the fact this line couldn't give Dak the time 2 find him. Everyone's touches were down. I was never down n Amari. I was down on the line and the playcalling/refs.Amari can't throw the ball 2 himself.

Cumart21

Reaction score
Amari has played with Derek Carr(Mediocre) and Dak, a QB that has a playcaller that is learning on the job. That hurt Amari. He was at his best with Linehan. I think He had 1 year with him. The scheme matters, and the fact this line couldn't give Dak the time 2 find him. Everyone's touches were down. I was never down n Amari. I was down on the line and the playcalling/refs.Amari can't throw the ball 2 himself.

Amari and Dak are relatively the same player. They both have some great qualities but aren't quite elite. Wait until Amari plays with Baker.