I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many times here in this here forum, and Beer Thread specifically, my brothers and sisters y’all have griped about a lack of Likes.

Let’s not act brand new
 
Last edited:
On the forum we refugees were on before, there were a finite number of "likes" per day, so while I know you good folks aren't referencing any of us at the moment, try to bear in mind that we're used to being selective with that particular feature. So if we don't always use it, it's likely we're just being frugal........or perhaps have a certain method to our doling out appro be honest, I'd prefer to only receive likes for posts that actually evoke the desire to give them. On the old forum, likes were a pretty good barometer by which to gauge if the board agreed with your perspective or got a laugh from your post.
Here, it often just seems to be a way of showing that you read the post. That's cool too. :)
We can do that for ya, too, Runny :) JK :)

I have told @Reality to erase the old beer thread that would Upheave the Likes total.

A good poster still gets Likes. No matter where you post

A douchebag poster isn’t the one with bad posts, but rather one that doesn’t want to be a part of the community

If you’re a bad poster, you won’t get likes. It’s that simple

But don’t be a stingy arse about it, especially if your seeking them (as, let’s be real here, 99% of the board is)
 
Well,I kinda think 'uncle Jed' just forgets to,as that's really not something he equates to in website forum decorum( ain't really his bag,baby),,,, I know ,I'll be laughing at a post& 'forget' to hit that obligatory 'Like' button sometimes,not mandatory, but it should be deemed obligated, if you cracked a grin/ raised an eyebrow in agreement or insightful revelation & will feel pretty low down to roll back over on a post I'd commented on,only to see I'd not even hit it with a 'like' a day later:oops:



* I've even purposely jumped back from one thread to another of 15 minutes prior I'd been reading,just to must make sure I'd slapped a ' like' on a certain posto_O & I hate it when that happens:facepalm:
Your definitely right Mel, as someone who gives out more likes in a day than some members in a year, it ca be daunting. But it’s easy when it’s my brother’s and sisters and I’m up to date on the site

For sure, when you’re just purusing, it can be a pain in the arse to make sure “everyone is accounted for” and that is also sucky shyte inherently
 
We can do that for ya, too, Runny :) JK :)

I have told @Reality to erase the old beer thread that would Upheave the Likes total.

A good poster still gets Likes. No matter where you post

A douchebag poster isn’t the one with bad posts, but rather one that doesn’t want to be a part of the community

If you’re a bad poster, you won’t get likes. It’s that simple

But don’t be a stingy arse about it, especially if your seeking them (as, let’s be real here, 99% of the board is)
I wouldn't presume to tell anyone how to post, or when to "like" a post, and I'd want the same in return. That said, I don't want to make anyone feel slighted, when they're used to a customary system, so my likes have become more quickly disbursed here than they were over there. :thumbup:
 
LoL,I've offhandedly made reference to keeping track of my limited allotted 'likes' I carry around with me on the forum a couple of times, just to illustrate the absurditie,,, I didn't know it was a real thing elsewhere,,,:lmao:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::omg::hammer::hammer:
 
I wouldn't presume to tell anyone how to post, or when to "like" a post, and I'd want the same in return. That said, I don't want to make anyone feel slighted, when they're used to a customary system, so my likes have become more quickly disbursed here than they were over there. :thumbup:
Here, at the Zone, you will get your likes in the otzone, Runny, but you won’t accumalte as much as the main forum (unless spectacularly the OT Zone becomes bigger than the main board)

For instance, here, a great post from myself (I use that term loosely) may get 10-20 likes. On the main board, I’ve had 100 Like posts

When the season starts, and you create good, quality threads, your thread will get 50-100 likes, posts about the same on occasion. But usually the main board is a 3-1 ratio of likes to the OT Zone, esp during the reg season
 
Here, at the Zone, you will get your likes in the otzone, Runny, but you won’t accumalte as much as the main forum (unless spectacularly the OT Zone becomes bigger than the main board)

For instance, here, a great post from myself (I use that term loosely) may get 10-20 likes. On the main board, I’ve had 100 Like posts

Whenthe season starts, and you create good, quality threads, your thread will get 50-100 likes
Oh, I'm not really concerned with how many I get. I'm on a couple of dating sites, so I'm used to going weeks at a time without any likes. :rolleyes:
 
Samual Smith Taddy Porter and a Marlboro Red as I watch a recent John McEnroe interview, bored as frign heck

Texting my ex-wife about our son doing molly/mdma with the rest of his preteen friends — on the side just to freak her out (our son is at a kid’s party — our texts, with his, now, manic-because-of-my-texts mom, are hilarious. Well not for her, she wants to hit me right now I’m sure :D we still love each other ) LOL
 
Samual Smith Taddy Porter and a Marlboro Red as I watch a recent John McEnroe interview, bored as frign heck

Texting my ex-wife about molly/mdma on the side just to freak here out (our son is at a kids party — our texts, with his manic mom, are hilarious) LOL
Oh boy. You're kid's gonna come home smelling like disinfectant once she's done! :lmao2:
 
She’s already wanting to hit me. She spent the weekend with me a few weeks ago “when she was very mad at me”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,077
Messages
14,661,237
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top