I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I shouldn't of replied, i saw a chance to explain my own posting habits so they could be understood by people in this thread but i guess i did it in poor timing/taste. Sorry you had to post all that in response to me.

Salud!
Salud!

waldoputty

Reaction score
You guys have been getting off topic on some of those threads. They don't take kindly to that. I got benched for the same thing a few months ago.

i guess, but the banter is part of the flow of the thread. so who knows.

it is a private site so they have every right to enforce their rules.
however, at some point, people r going to feel like their 1st amendment rights are violated. posters are human beings and not just drones for creating content.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i guess, but the banter is part of the flow of the thread. so who knows.

it is a private site so they have every right to enforce their rules.
however, at some point, people r going to feel like their 1st amendment rights are violated. posters are human beings and not just drones for creating content.
Some of our posters may as well be drones! Lol

waldoputty

Reaction score
Posters need to not take things on boards etc so seriously. I like to keep statements short if i can, that usually implies no harm intended to forum rules or anything/anyone else, but sometimes regular posters think that's avoiding conversation which i also do, not enough room for everything in this life so some things need be left undone, no harm.

BTW Salud!

i understand their point, but it does feel impolite to not reply. furthermore, light bantering can snowball unless one's sole purpose is to create content for cz in a robotic fashion.

that is why alcatraz made so much sense, but that owner is a complete weirdo.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A few things you guys may be interested in knowing about me ..

Most of the time people think I'm mad, that's not even remotely the case. I am usually quite busy so I am very direct and to the point when I post warnings and interact with users. I know that means some people will assume I'm irritated about something, but in reality (no pun intended) I am simply dealing with an issue and moving on.

There are no users on this site that I dislike or wish would leave. If I don't want a user here, I would simply remove them and be done with it. Just because I send, post or give a warning to a user or group of users does not mean I do not like them. Even in cases where a user gets mad about it, I simply move on to other things.

A lot of times when I post warnings, delete posts, etc. it is because other users are reporting or complaining about those posts. That's how I and the staff find out about a lot of issues we deal with. I only read threads that interest me because I am usually focused on other projects so I would never see many of them.

When I limit a user's access to the site in some way, I am not punishing them. I just don't think like that. Instead, I am usually quite busy and do not have time to monitor, moderate, etc. the actions of a user causing issues of some kind so I simply remove the user's ability to continue causing those issues, especially if the odds are good the user is going to continue doing it.

Most of the time I read and reply to posts, I do not even pay attention to the user who posted it. I will sometimes notice the user when they quote one of my posts though.

I do not click LIKE on a post unless I really LIKE it. So, if you ever notice a LIKE from me, it's because I actually liked what you posted.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Most of the time people think I'm mad, that's not even remotely the case. I am usually quite busy so I am very direct and to the point when I post warnings and interact with users. I know that means some people will assume I'm irritated about something, but in reality (no pun intended) I am simply dealing with an issue and moving on.

There are no users on this site that I dislike or wish would leave. If I don't want a user here, I would simply remove them and be done with it. Just because I send, post or give a warning to a user or group of users does not mean I do not like them. Even in cases where a user gets mad about it, I simply move on to other things.

A lot of times when I post warnings, delete posts, etc. it is because other users are reporting or complaining about those posts. That's how I and the staff find out about a lot of issues we deal with. I only read threads that interest me because I am usually focused on other projects.

When I limit a user's access to the site in some way, I am not punishing them. I just don't think like that. Instead, I am usually quite busy and do not have time to monitor, moderate, etc. the actions of a user causing issues of some kind so I simply remove the user's ability to continue causing those issues, especially if the odds are good the user is going to continue doing it.

Most of the time I read and reply to posts, I do not even pay attention to the user who posted it. I will sometimes notice the user when they quote one of my posts though.

I do not click LIKE on a post unless I really LIKE it. So, if you ever notice a LIKE from me, it's because I actually liked what you posted.
I've come to see that. Honestly, I never read the rules until after a few warnings and a couple of benchings. Rules are rules. I had mine when I was an Athletic Director and I understand you having yours.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score

A lot of times when I post warnings, delete posts, etc. it is because other users are reporting or complaining about those posts. That's how I and the staff find out about a lot of issues we deal with. I only read threads that interest me because I am usually focused on other projects so I would never see many of them.

I actually figured all that about you just by the way it's all run here, thanks for the explanation though. /like

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Oh it wasn't just meant for you :D

Since the issue was brought up in the thread, I thought it would be helpful to clarify things.
Ya,you know? I'd kinda looked For that " fruit fetishist/ impeccable instinct " post I'd made in regards of responding to a pointed & overtly designed unprovoked attack upon my character & untarnishable Stirling nature of goodness ,,, and it couldn't be foundo_O

waldoputty

Reaction score

i get it.
it is not personal.
your website and the posters have a mutually beneficial relationship.
you want to drive content in a systematic way so non-regular readers can get interesting content.
it all makes sense.

however you enforced your rules in a fashion that is unnecessarily rigid.
all you have to do is to send someone a private message to cut it out.
you will get the desired result and probably an apology on top of it.

furthermore, this is the off-topic zone and you are even closing threads in this zone.
i highly doubt even 5% of your non-regular readers come here regularly.
so you will only get more clicks and readership if you cut the rules out here in this zone.
this zone is really for the regulars, and allowing regulars to interact with each other in a loose flexible fashion seems optimal for regulars to enjoy the experience more.
happy regulars would create the content you want in the other zones.

it is the same reason that people hang out at starbucks for hours and technology incubators copy the cafe scene and the google campus.
it is also the reason the beer thread has thrived with people making friends outside the website.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i get it.
it is not personal.
your website and the posters have a mutually beneficial relationship.
you want to drive content in a systematic way so non-regular readers can get interesting content.
it all makes sense.

however you enforced your rules in a fashion that is unnecessarily rigid.
all you have to do is to send someone a private message to cut it out.
you will get the desired result and probably an apology on top of it.

furthermore, this is the off-topic zone and you are even closing threads in this zone.
i highly doubt even 5% of your non-regular readers come here regularly.
so you will only get more clicks and readership if you cut the rules out here in this zone.
this zone is really for the regulars, and allowing regulars to interact with each other in a loose flexible fashion seems optimal for regulars to enjoy the experience more.
happy regulars would create the content you want in the other zones.

it is the same reason that people hang out at starbucks for hours and technology incubators copy the cafe scene and the google campus.
it is also the reason the beer thread has thrived with people making friends outside the website.
Like. I feel like a coffee now!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
i understand their point, but it does feel impolite to not reply. furthermore, light bantering can snowball unless one's sole purpose is to create content for cz in a robotic fashion.

that is why alcatraz made so much sense, but that owner is a complete weirdo.
How ironic of yer' casing-liner employing such terminology as
"WEIRDO " IN YER BLITHERING DIATRIBE, PUTTY:thumbup:

:lmao:o_O:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.