I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo, Max, brudda!!! How was the trip??? We've missed you, amigo :)

Just got back from movies and a burger joint called Islands, that my son loves. Not as cool as camping but still a great afternoon :)

Tell us the bear story when you have a chance!
Hey man the trip was great!!
Well ok here is the bear story. I think I've already told one or two before lol.
But anyway me and my sons had finished dinner and we have an enclosed porch off our cabin that is about 3 feet off the ground.
My boys were eating dessert and I was in the cabin. They started yelling hey dad there is a bear out here,so I said ok I'm coming.
I went out on the porch and because its so high I could only see the bears back as he was walking in front of the porch.
The next thing you know that SOB jumped up on the porch with his claws staring me right in the face.
I thought he was going to try to come through and I had no firearms with me.
My boys went in the cabin and now I'm about 8 ft away from this prick.
I just put on my R lee Ermey face and yelled at him to go away and he just stared at me so I yelled again and he jumped down off the porch and started walking away.
He did a big circle around our property and started heading straight at me again.
He then jumped back up on the porch again!!
I again yelled at him a couple more times and he finally left.
But I have been a hunter and camper my whole life and have had many encounters with bears but this one was very strange.
I know he wanted our food I think the reason these bears up there are getting so aggressive is because people are feeding them because they think it's cute but it's really stupid.
 
Oh...my.
Dang that sounds good.
Enjoy!
Thanks, JC! Had a decent sized lunch, so I'll be eating them a bit later, but I have to 'Que 'em up this evening. Can't let lamb marinate too long
 
the only way i like lamb chinese type is braised with a bunch of spices and mushrooms...

if u come to LA, i could be convinced to take u to some good chinese
What cities are your Chinese spots in?
 
Hey man the trip was great!!
Well ok here is the bear story. I think I've already told one or two before lol.
But anyway me and my sons had finished dinner and we have an enclosed porch off our cabin that is about 3 feet off the ground.
My boys were eating dessert and I was in the cabin. They started yelling hey dad there is a bear out here,so I said ok I'm coming.
I went out on the porch and because its so high I could only see the bears back as he was walking in front of the porch.
The next thing you know that SOB jumped up on the porch with his claws staring me right in the face.
I thought he was going to try to come through and I had no firearms with me.
My boys went in the cabin and now I'm about 8 ft away from this prick.
I just put on my R lee Ermey face and yelled at him to go away and he just stared at me so I yelled again and he jumped down off the porch and started walking away.
He did a big circle around our property and started heading straight at me again.
He then jumped back up on the porch again!!
I again yelled at him a couple more times and he finally left.
But I have been a hunter and camper my whole life and have had many encounters with bears but this one was very strange.
I know he wanted our food I think the reason these bears up there are getting so aggressive is because people are feeding them because they think it's cute but it's really stupid.
You should have offered him a beer. Lol
 
those prawns gotta be the size of lobsters for me to consider them jumbo.

not lobsters, but my favorite restaurant (in Macau, China) serve a prawns in chili sauce that are about 7 inch long (coach, dont go there...)
 
Hey man the trip was great!!
Well ok here is the bear story. I think I've already told one or two before lol.
But anyway me and my sons had finished dinner and we have an enclosed porch off our cabin that is about 3 feet off the ground.
My boys were eating dessert and I was in the cabin. They started yelling hey dad there is a bear out here,so I said ok I'm coming.
I went out on the porch and because its so high I could only see the bears back as he was walking in front of the porch.
The next thing you know that SOB jumped up on the porch with his claws staring me right in the face.
I thought he was going to try to come through and I had no firearms with me.
My boys went in the cabin and now I'm about 8 ft away from this prick.
I just put on my R lee Ermey face and yelled at him to go away and he just stared at me so I yelled again and he jumped down off the porch and started walking away.
He did a big circle around our property and started heading straight at me again.
He then jumped back up on the porch again!!
I again yelled at him a couple more times and he finally left.
But I have been a hunter and camper my whole life and have had many encounters with bears but this one was very strange.
I know he wanted our food I think the reason these bears up there are getting so aggressive is because people are feeding them because they think it's cute but it's really stupid.

wow that is damn scary.
ur yell must be really convincing...
 
What cities are your Chinese spots in?

the food tends to be better in rowland heights (further east) than the old places like monterey park etc.
i am spoiled because i am used to chinese food from china.
i used to be there about 5 weeks per year for working vacations
 
not lobsters, but my favorite restaurant (in Macau, China) serve a prawns in chili sauce that are about 7 inch long (coach, dont go there...)
Is China worth visiting? How expensive is the cost of living?
 
Hey man the trip was great!!
Well ok here is the bear story. I think I've already told one or two before lol.
But anyway me and my sons had finished dinner and we have an enclosed porch off our cabin that is about 3 feet off the ground.
My boys were eating dessert and I was in the cabin. They started yelling hey dad there is a bear out here,so I said ok I'm coming.
I went out on the porch and because its so high I could only see the bears back as he was walking in front of the porch.
The next thing you know that SOB jumped up on the porch with his claws staring me right in the face.
I thought he was going to try to come through and I had no firearms with me.
My boys went in the cabin and now I'm about 8 ft away from this prick.
I just put on my R lee Ermey face and yelled at him to go away and he just stared at me so I yelled again and he jumped down off the porch and started walking away.
He did a big circle around our property and started heading straight at me again.
He then jumped back up on the porch again!!
I again yelled at him a couple more times and he finally left.
But I have been a hunter and camper my whole life and have had many encounters with bears but this one was very strange.
I know he wanted our food I think the reason these bears up there are getting so aggressive is because people are feeding them because they think it's cute but it's really stupid.
Daggon, Max! That is pretty frightening. I love nature, too, those damn screwballs that feed bears and other wildlife have no business being out in the great wilderness.

Glad nothing came of it, and your boys got to see their dad being a BOSS HOGG to that critter.

Next time bring a shotgun or a .45 :) And a GoPro! :laugh:

So glad you had a wonderful time, brother.
 
Thats pretty damn big shrimp.

yea, those are good with the chili sauce.
i miss that food so much.
the cuisine is fusion chinese/portguese - a good mix
that particular place is a bargain too.
3 of us would wolf down 7-8 dishes and the bill is less than $100 total including 3 prawns.
 
the food tends to be better in rowland heights (further east) than the old places like monterey park etc.
i am spoiled because i am used to chinese food from china.
i used to be there about 5 weeks per year for working vacations
Oh man, I **** up spots in Rowland/Hacienda Heights!!! We probably go to the same places. Do you eat Dim Sum?
 
wow that is damn scary.
ur yell must be really convincing...
Yeah LOL I pretty much had no other choice because If I did nothing I think he would tried to come through.
Not to attack but to get food.
The people in the cabin next to us said that they had a cookout and they had a 500 pounder staring at them from the woods and he stayed there for about an hour and would not leave.
 
Is China worth visiting? How expensive is the cost of living?

it depends.
cost of living in shanghai and hong kong are high.
hotels are a pretty good deal, with '5 stars' below $150 typically per night.
as i mentioned in the retirement thread, a cruise is a nice cost-controlled way to try a few of the coast cities out before spending more time and money.
countryside can still be dirt poor.
weather is really hot and humid from May-Oct, but u r used to TX so it may not affect u.
for californians like trouty and me, planning a trip in the winter is better.
 
Yeah LOL I pretty much had no other choice because If I did nothing I think he would tried to come through.
Not to attack but to get food.
The people in the cabin next to us said that they had a cookout and they had a 500 pounder staring at them from the woods and he stayed there for about an hour and would not leave.

now i see why u said u will never be caught not packing again.
holy crap.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,203
Messages
14,672,405
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top