I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
The burger battles continue. Yummy. Just FYI I like both whataburger and in&out. In Texas whataburger is king, but I'm gonna give those animal fries a try!


I think @Trouty could use a Whataburger this morning after spinning all those records last night. Salud and good morning all!
 
Good Mornin Coach!! I have to gey my backside in gear ...lazy weekend! Whats doin in south Texas?
 
dae7ab6b95604b02e96aba283d5560a9.jpg
 
The burger battles continue. Yummy. Just FYI I like both whataburger and in&out. In Texas whataburger is king, but I'm gonna give those animal fries a try!


I love burgers!! GD...there are no Whataburger or in&out down here....just rotten ronny's and burger king...
 
Get a double meat jalapeño old fashioned, super size ff and onion rings with large drink

:thumbup:
 
@ABQCOWBOY, according to Shark Week, NM used to be under water and inhabited by sharks!

Wow!

Yeah, at one time, everything from the Canadian boarder, down through the plain states were under water. during the ice age, glaciers formed and once they receded, all that water just flooded the entire area. In fact, the Mountains Ranges that currently surround Albuquerque, were much taller then and they actually were almost completely submerged. If you go up into the Sandias today, you can find fossil shells.

Sharks, I don't know about that though. That was Fresh Water so if there were Sharks, they would have to have been very different from what we see today. They would have had to have been Fresh Water Sharks I'm thinking.
 
Yeah, at one time, everything from the Canadian boarder, down through the plain states were under water. during the ice age, glaciers formed and once they receded, all that water just flooded the entire area. In fact, the Mountains Ranges that currently surround Albuquerque, were much taller then and they actually were almost completely submerged. If you go up into the Sandias today, you can find fossil shells.

Sharks, I don't know about that though. That was Fresh Water so if there were Sharks, they would have to have been very different from what we see today. They would have had to have been Fresh Water Sharks I'm thinking.
They were abundant, apparently, in your neck of the woods. 30+ footers! This is millions and millions years ago, granted, but fossil hunters find teeth of them to this day.

Thanks for the rad history lesson of your region, ABQ. I love this stuff!
 
Yeah, at one time, everything from the Canadian boarder, down through the plain states were under water. during the ice age, glaciers formed and once they receded, all that water just flooded the entire area. In fact, the Mountains Ranges that currently surround Albuquerque, were much taller then and they actually were almost completely submerged. If you go up into the Sandias today, you can find fossil shells.

Sharks, I don't know about that though. That was Fresh Water so if there were Sharks, they would have to have been very different from what we see today. They would have had to have been Fresh Water Sharks I'm thinking.
Also, remember, the bull shark thrives in fresh water! :)
 
Yes, but Bull Sharks don't get to be 30 feet today. They had to be different back in the day but it could have been something like that.
Oh, for sure. A huge bull is only 10 ft.

These sharks, it was implied, were massive bottom feeders and mollusk eaters, as they have flat'ish teeth fossils. If it were salt water, they were probably prey for larger carnivorous sharks, like Megalodon and even smaller, yet large sharks of the time. There were several 30-40 foot species (carnivorous) thriving at that time. Whether they populated states like NM is what intrigues me :)

You ever see any bulls at the beach, ABQ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,244
Messages
14,674,498
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top