I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
$285 a bottle last time I drooled over one
Yup, ain't cheap. I've seen the 200mL for as low as 90. But the one that comes in the wood case is usually around that. You can get green at a bevmo for about 45.
 
AWESOME MOVIE!!!!!!! It was an HBO original. Titled "Cobb"

Too bad that writer that roled with him was a hack and made up 90% of his book (which the movie was based on -- Robert Wuhl played the author).

Much of the lore around Cobb is false. He wasn't a racist, mean, hated by his teammates, cranky etc. It was all baseball lore that grew out of control. That hack didn't help, but he got exposed for the fraud that he was.

Still an awesome movie, tho, Melon :)
Thats always the case with celibrities...the stories get blown way out of shape.
 
Thats always the case with celibrities...the stories get blown way out of shape.
Yup. The spotlight is no joke.

It's disgusting how tarnished Cobb's name is. People still think all that junk about him.
 
AWESOME MOVIE!!!!!!! It was an HBO original. Titled "Cobb"

Too bad that writer that roled with him was a hack and made up 90% of his book (which the movie was based on -- Robert Wuhl played the author).

Much of the lore around Cobb is false. He wasn't a racist, mean, hated by his teammates, cranky etc. It was all baseball lore that grew out of control. That hack didn't help, but he got exposed for the fraud that he was.

Still an awesome movie, tho, Melon :)

Now see! ,,,I didn't know that.
And having drawn all knowledge about Ty Cobb based upon that flic too!
Sheese.
I do remember when I played little league bb
I'd kinda like modoc the catcher or 3rd basemen and would hear mom's and dad's yelling and could hear Ty cobb's name mentioned:huh:
 
Now see! ,,,I didn't know that.
And having drawn all knowledge about Ty Cobb based upon that flic too!
Sheese.
I do remember when I played little league bb
I'd kinda like modoc the catcher or 3rd basemen and would hear mom's and dad's yelling and could hear Ty cobb's name mentioned:huh:
There's a very recent biography made by an author who couldn't take the illegitimate critical sensationalism of Cobb any longer. He did tons and tons of research. I haven't gotten it, I have too many other books to read, but I will one day.

I'll look it up and let you know what it's called, Melon
 
gC2Okvf.jpg
 
Yup, ain't cheap. I've seen the 200mL for as low as 90. But the one that comes in the wood case is usually around that. You can get green at a bevmo for about 45.

I saw one next to it for $100 more it was a commemorative in honor of the Chinese New Year or some s*** like that
 
No, what is it,bro.
It is a fantastic film about the race by Roger Maris to break Ruth's record of 60. Produced by Billy Crystal (a huge Yankee fan). Accurate story, gripping (deals a lot with Mantle's exploits off the field -- they were teammates at the time, as was Berra and some other greats).

Thomas Jane (The Punisher) and Barry Pepper (a **** ton of movies) star in it as Mantle and Maris, respectfully.

Another HBO original.
 
Ain't that the truth, one day I'll tell you about the time I was on the cover on Sports Illustrated.
I am interested in that other event in your family also. You mentioned it on another thread a few days ago?
 
There's a very recent biography made by an author who couldn't take the illegitimate critical sensationalism of Cobb any longer. He did tons and tons of research. I haven't gotten it, I have too many other books to read, but I will one day.

I'll look it up and let you know what it's called, Melon
Right-on,cool.
 
It is a fantastic film about the race by Roger Maris to break Ruth's record of 60. Produced by Billy Crystal (a huge Yankee fan). Accurate story, gripping (deals a lot with Mantle's exploits off the field -- they were teammates at the time, as was Berra and some other greats).

Thomas Jane (The Punisher) and Barry Pepper (a **** ton of movies) star in it as Mantle and Maris, respectfully.

Another HBO original.
Barry Pepper...a good Canadian boy!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,126
Messages
14,669,093
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top