I like Deion Sanders, but this time Deion needs to shut up *Merge*

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2433899 said:
hey DC, i see you changed your picture,

The avatar, yeah.

I gave Wade all the support I had in me. No more.

Romo deserves it more anyway.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
my point is this about deion,

if you really really look, sometimes media tried to stir things up, just to make a story

to me, there are alot of stories that the media could write besides stirring a player up

and yes, its true T O stepped into the bait that deion set him up with;

but at same time, its like the titans said in interview last night,

the titans quit talking to most of the media, just like yesterday most of the dallas cowboy players vacated the lockerroom before the media got there.

so anyway the titans players said, when they grew up as professionals, decided that they needed to sometimes on their own to come in and practice some later hours after regular practice, dont talk to the media so they can stir things up like most media does. (I do think most of you agree with me that the espn media loves picking at the cowboys, stirring things up and laughing at the cowboys too).
That the titans said when they started refusing to give media access to pick their team apart, get them to point fingers etc, then the titans grew up as players, became a team together,

thats what im saying, some media tries to get a story just stirring things up

now if deion said, T O, name some ways that the cowboys can get the ball to you better, or have you gone to Jason Garrett T O, and said, why dont we try this, or if you have me do this, they have me covered that way.

point out the positives of a team, and then show corrective ways in a positive ways to make some notable changes to help the team, just dont point out whats not being done.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
or say T O have you worked extra hours with jason garrett working on new routes or formations that can help the team,

thats to me what should have been said and done

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyjoe;2433913 said:
my point is this about deion,

if you really really look, sometimes media tried to stir things up, just to make a story

to me, there are alot of stories that the media could write besides stirring a player up

and yes, its true T O stepped into the bait that deion set him up with;

but at same time, its like the titans said in interview last night,

the titans quit talking to most of the media, just like yesterday most of the dallas cowboy players vacated the lockerroom before the media got there.

so anyway the titans players said, when they grew up as professionals, decided that they needed to sometimes on their own to come in and practice some later hours after regular practice, dont talk to the media so they can stir things up like most media does. (I do think most of you agree with me that the espn media loves picking at the cowboys, stirring things up and laughing at the cowboys too).
That the titans said when they started refusing to give media access to pick their team apart, get them to point fingers etc, then the titans grew up as players, became a team together,

thats what im saying, some media tries to get a story just stirring things up

now if deion said, T O, name some ways that the cowboys can get the ball to you better, or have you gone to Jason Garrett T O, and said, why dont we try this, or if you have me do this, they have me covered that way.

point out the positives of a team, and then show corrective ways in a positive ways to make some notable changes to help the team, just dont point out whats not being done.

cowboyjoe;2433916 said:
or say T O have you worked extra hours with jason garrett working on new routes or formations that can help the team,

The media could chose to ask pertinent questions, but many times they do not. That's just the way it is and it's not likely to change anytime soon, but every conversation with the media has two sides. If you're the person being interviewed, you have the choice to comment or not. That's the problem. I don't like the media twisting or manufacturing "news", but it makes zero sense to provide the media with detrimental soundbites voluntarily.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2433916 said:

LOL. And you think a gazillion people are drooling to see the rest of this type of interview come Sunday morning?

It's Terrell Owens, not Jason Witten answering the questions.

It is what it is.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
true DC, i like your new photo, to me, lots better than the pic of wade

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
The media could chose to ask pertinent questions, but many times they do not. That's just the way it is and it's not likely to change anytime soon, but every conversation with the media has two sides. If you're the person being interviewed, you have the choice to comment or not. That's the problem. I don't like the media twisting or manufacturing "news", but it makes zero sense to provide the media with detrimental soundbites voluntarily.

i agree with the above statement, now to me, what needs to be done, the player after say he gives an interview to a media person, and the media twists it, next time the player is on the air, he says point blank what was said and how it was twisted and whom the reporter was that took the text out of context and twisted it for the reporters own benefit,

that to me would stop a lot of this twisting media player stuff

now will that happen, i doubt it, but if the tennessee titans said that they found out what media personnel to talk to and the ones not, then the players chose whom to talk too, and stopped the bad media stuff;

if the titans can do it, so can the cowboys, but at the same time, the only way to do that, is this;

just like the titans players said, they want to be treated like professionals, but at the same time, the players realized, they had to be a team, they had to stop the pointing fingers among themselves, they had to weed out the media personnell that was twisting facts, they had to practice extra hours after practice, they had to come in and study film on their own, they had to go to the coaches and say, this isnt working, or i cant do that what you want me to do, and work with coaches coming up with new ideals, plays etc.

the titans said when they started acting like leaders, professionals, and having players make themselves to each other, then they started to winning and being a team,

so thats what im saying, it can be done, just like the 1971 cowboys did, when they were 5-4 at midseason and everyone had counted them out, and the players said, we are going to do this ourselves, we will talk with whom we want to and wont talk to whom we dont want to, we will stay an hour to 2 hours studying after practice and working together, we will come up with new formations, and ideals, this is our team, and we wil do it, and as defensive leaders, no one will cross the endzone unless its over a dead body,

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Deion is an enabler. Plain and simple. All season long, he's pandered to the players' egos, and castigated the coaching relentlessly. In this respect, he has changed very little from his playing days in Dallas.

If I were Jerry, I would limit Deion's contact with the team. He's the last person who should be influencing the players.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Like DC suggested, this entire thread assumes that Deion gives a damn about helping the Cowboys. He doesn't. He was all about Deion when he played and he's all about Deion now. Not Jerry, not the Cowboys, not TO -- Deion.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;2433847 said:
I really don't know why Deion is catching hell? His job is to interview players, if people don't like what the player has to say then blame the player not Deion.

I don't have a problem with the interview. If Owens still hasn't learned to keep his mouth shut, that's on him.

I just think Deion should be shot with dried balls of his own crap b/c I can't stand the guy's personality. He's obnoxious and transparent and not funny and not entertaining. He shouts at the tv wearing those nasty Cliff Huxtable sweaters. He's got it coming.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2433504 said:
Dont get me wrong, I like deion, always respected him as a player, what he did for the cowboys to help them win a super bowl. Yet, this time Deion needs to shut up, we dont need to stir up T O, granted Jason Garrett has to do a better job. But this offense is geared for T O. Just look at last year.

And like Michael Irvin said, when Roy Willams starts beating the coverage along with Jason Witten, then teams will go away from double teaming T O, to try to shut down roy williams too, then that will open up T O.

:starspin

I've never liked Deion and he ALWAYS needs to shut the hell up! :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Spectre

Reaction score
Idgit;2433538 said:
Deion should be shot to death with dried balls of his own crap. Maybe.

I don't care how much dancing he did in a Cowboys uniform. I can't stand that guy.
exactly.

I can't believe someone started a thread with "I like Deion..."

scottsp

Reaction score
Deion would be foolish not to exploit relationships like the one he has with T.O. in order to give the public this type of access. He wouldn't be doing his job otherwise.

Terrell is simply doing what Terrell does. He has said these exact same things before with other clubs, and it wasn't Deion dangling the bait. So if you have a problem with the content, you might want to point the finger at Owens.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
THUMPER;2434156 said:
I've never liked Deion and he ALWAYS needs to shut the hell up! :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

my feelings exactly..

ladiewolve

Reaction score
Did Deion sanders retire a Cowboy? Enough said. He should do his job and be fair and unbiased towards all teams , but he should show some respect for the Cowboys Organization. To me , He can point out problems he sees without being degrading.
As far as T.O goes , he should be frustrated with the way the season is going ...they all should be. Yes he has dropped some balls and so have a lot of others on the team. Romo has thrown interceptions , the list could go on and on.
Jason G needs to put this offense back together, work them hard together and find a way to make better plays! The players need to do their part as well! I would love to see them get the monkey off their backs!

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
If there's one bright side to this situation, it's that this was with an NFL Network employee and not someone from ESPN. Smart move on T.O.'s part; ESPN won't show or comment on the interview because they don't want to draw attention to one of their biggest competitors. NFL Network is becoming more prominent, but it's nowhere near ESPN and they don't have the ability to send hundreds of morons out to stalk Cowboy players and coaches.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2433504 said:
Dont get me wrong, I like deion, always respected him as a player, what he did for the cowboys to help them win a super bowl. Yet, this time Deion needs to shut up, we dont need to stir up T O, granted Jason Garrett has to do a better job. But this offense is geared for T O. Just look at last year.

And like Michael Irvin said, when Roy Willams starts beating the coverage along with Jason Witten, then teams will go away from double teaming T O, to try to shut down roy williams too, then that will open up T O.

Why?

Folks need to realize that Deion Sanders is paid to give his opinion and to get the "major" interview.

Your anger and contempt should be pointed to Terrell Owens.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Deion still ruining the Cowboys 13 years after signing that contract.

Owens was, is, and always will be about himself.

Garrett should run Barber until the wheels fall off. He's the hearbeat of this team, a selfless player that gives everything he has to try and get a win.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
LISTEN here is the deal...TO first and foremost wants the ball to get TD's and yards so he keeps getting his face on camera...SO...he keeps getting endorsements and big contracts...thats the bottom line,,,he doesnt care about winning as much as the money...and it shows...he is me first,,has always been like that...so thats why he is complaining...if it looks like he has lost a step its going to affect his wallet...bottom line...so he wants his stats to stay up there even if we lose! he doesnt care! you guys know it and so do I...has he done a better job of not blowing up...yes.....but he is all about the money! not the wins!