I like LVE but if he's going to have lingering neck/back problems, cut bait now

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There were questions about LVE dating back to his days at Boise State. Some teams took him off their draft board, yet our Boys made him their first round pick in '18 and he went on to lead the team in tackles with 176 and make the Pro Bowl as a rookie.

He is currently second on the Boys in tackles in '19 with 87, trailing only middle linebacker ole Jaylon Smith. That said, the kid plays hard and he's going to have injuries just as Lee.

A neck injury is very serious and takes time to heal. You just don't cut players that you've just drafted due to a serious injury. Especially ones with those kind of numbers.

As far as the "dead weight", teams very rarely hand out pink slips during the season. No worries, Jerry has a stack of them already on his desk.

Trust me, I am in total agreement with everything you said, but my main point was pertaining to the organization coddling players, and spewing rhetoric.

I hope that LVE gets 100% healthy, and return to his pro-bowl status.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Neck? I am more worried about the terrible angles and missed tackles.

Looks like this coaching staff ruined another talent.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Exactly, I thought that’s what the OP was implying but the thread has seemed to take a different direction. We all want LVE to get back to his dominating form but we always get limited information. I think if this situation is more serious then indicated, the draft will be the first clue

That is correct, but the derailing was expected.

Proof

Reaction score
Proof, what an oxymoron. I was talking more about the Dallas Cowboys organization ineptness, and I used three examples, but you and others keep harping on LVE. If it is found that a linebacker, has lingering neck issues, his longevity should be discussed.

he’s missed a couple games. So did zack Martin. Wait til it becomes chronic. If you want to discuss the FO’s ineptitude there are countless better fitting options

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You are still clueless. This organization talks, coddles, and talks. That is not hard to comprehend. What needs to be dropped on you is knowledge.
Wow, you’re not even man enough to admit what you wrote.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
he’s missed a couple games. So did zack Martin. Wait til it becomes chronic. If you want to discuss the FO’s ineptitude there are countless better fitting options

Better fitting, but nonetheless talk worthy. An honest question; if Zack's career were over, due to his illness, would you keep him on the team?

Proof

Reaction score
Better fitting, but nonetheless talk worthy. An honest question; if Zack's career were over, due to his illness, would you keep him on the team?

you’re talking about Frederick. I’m talking about Zack who missed a few games with a neck injury. Then resumed his all pro career. To answer your question though, no I wouldn’t keep anyone who’s career is over, I just don’t feel the need to speculate after a couple games

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
you’re talking about Frederick. I’m talking about Zack who missed a few games with a neck injury. Then resumed his all pro career. To answer your question though, no I wouldn’t keep anyone who’s career is over, I just don’t feel the need to speculate after a couple games

I used LVE purposely. He has balled, and shown himself to be a beast, when healthy. I don't want him to risk his life after football. I am glad he spoke up, and made the decision to shut it down.

jnday

Reaction score
Ain’t it a little too early to even talk about getting rid of him without giving him a chance to heal? Did I miss a post here that said his career is over?

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ain’t it a little too early to even talk about getting rid of him without giving him a chance to heal? Did I miss a post here that said his career is over?

No you didn't, but the post was not just about him. No where was it mentioned to not give him a chance to heal.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I like LVE, but if he's going to have lingering neck/back problems; cut bait now. The team waited on Smith (flash in the pan). Gregory, is at home playing video games, with his child. When will this team learn how to let go of dead weight?

There are a few lineman, that may also need to be moved, but the Cowboys will ride, until they die. The rigidity of this team is astounding. Do it one way for a long period of time, with little success.

Don't get me wrong, I want every player to receive equal opportunity to flourish. But this team is ridiculous. Talk, coddle, talk.
I hope it is more time to heal. I do not want to see another Jesse Penn and Billy Cannon Jr. career ending injury situation.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Tough crowd. Let's at least let him play out his (cheap) contract first.

Sean Lee might just spontaneous combust yet we've kept him around.
It happened to one of Spinal Tap's drummers so it's definitely possible.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Cut bait now on an injury that we do not know at this moment how bad it is.

Why? He costs very little and when healthy has played at an All-pro level.

Out of the guys you listed, only LVE has taken a roster spot(this year)

Smith was on reserve list his rookie year so he didn't count against the 52 man roster.
Same with Gregory at this moment since he's suspended.

There is/was no dead weight with either of those two players.

Talk about a rash, and dumb decision.
Amen to that.

cern

Reaction score
The expression "fish or cut bait" has nothing to do with letting go of anything/anyone. It means either fish or cut bait. Do something. Be useful. :)