I love Jake Ferguson

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Ferguson stats through 13 games: 51 catches, 570 yards, 5 TD's - average 11.2 ypc, with long of 40 yards
Schultz stats through 13 games with Texans: 40 catches, 455 yards, 5 TD's - average 11.4 ypc, with long of 31 yards

Other than Ferguson getting more targets, the production average per catch is nearly identical, and both players have scored 5 times. It is reasonable to believe that if Schultz was still in Dallas,

Ferguson 2023 salary: $870,000
Schultz 2023 salary: $6,250,000

The Cowboys offered Schultz a 3 year, $36M contract, which he turned down. When he turned that offer down, the Cowboys drafted Ferguson to replace him, and let him walk after putting the franchise tag on him for the 2022 season. Essentially, the Cowboys are saving over $11M per season by letting Schultz walk. That $11M was used to help pay for veteran salaries of Hankins ($1.3M), Cooks ($10M) and Gilmore ($9.9M) - money well spent.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Schoonmaker will be fine. We slow play our TE's for some reason historically. **** we did not even think Ferguson was good, that is why we drafted Schoonmaker in round 2 to begin with.
Wrong! They drafted Schoonmaker because they need two TE's that can both block and catch.

Reaction score
Ferguson plays with an edge that I love. Doesn't take crap from anyone. He's becoming a team leader

He has grown as much as anybody on this team

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score

I love jake ferguson​

Who doesnt?
Tell you one thing - he's getting a lot of love from other teams fan base.

I go to other teams forums at times and watch Youtube videos ect and everyone - wether its the Eagles, Wash or the giants - they all wish they had him on their team.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Shameless self back-pat coming...

I called it.
:thumbup:

I said all offseason that we won't miss Schultz one bit. I said Ferguson would be our #1 over Schoonmaker. I said Ferguson would be a top 10 fantasy TE.

Love his swagger too. We needed a goon like that. Reminds me of a younger Travis Kelce with that brashness.
I did too. I love being right and @Risen Star being wrong...

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
jake ferguson is my favorite player on cowboys this season

he is a big goon in a good way, he get under the opponent skin, he is cocky, he is flashy, but he is also tough and will scrap with any body

this is a element that cowboys have not had for a long time and it is the most fun to watch
Runs hard but also looks to finish the play with contact on a DB. Been wanting that for years, especially the years when Witten would just drop like a sack of potatoes.

J_Allen

Reaction score
jake ferguson is my favorite player on cowboys this season

he is a big goon in a good way, he get under the opponent skin, he is cocky, he is flashy, but he is also tough and will scrap with any body

this is a element that cowboys have not had for a long time and it is the most fun to watch
We've been missing a player like him since Irvin retired.

J_Allen

Reaction score
One more comment from Collinsworth that was news to me.

I know about the text from Fergy to Dak about having his back.

I know Fergy has been a playmaker from day one, and always looking to slam dunk... err.. hurdle on a defender. :cool:

But what was Collinsworth talking about when he said that Fergy goes to take care of players? Almost made him sound like that role in the NHL, the enforcer.
He did call him the enforcer.

Zman5

Reaction score
Younger Witten had more straight line speed but Fergy is much more shiftier than Witten was. For a big dude, his ability to change directions while running full speed is very impressive.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
The sad thing is, we all saw that he could be really good last year. We had multiple conversations about it.

And then we wasted a 2nd round pick on Schoonmaker. He is growing on me for sure, but still, a massive waste of a pick when we have an awesome tight end on the roster.