I love me some Andy Dalton

Status
Not open for further replies.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Dalton was shown the door by the Bengals...THE BENGALS , LOL . He’s lucky to be a backup and still be in the league .

From ESPN, April 30, 2020:

"After the Bengals went on a spending spree this summer, Cincinnati did not have the salary-cap space to keep Dalton and sign its incoming rookie class."

AJ Green is 32 years old, missed all of last year and 7 games the year before. The Bengals have a lot of young players, getting a younger QB, who had such an outstanding year before in college, to be able to (hopefully) play for a long time with them rather than a 32 year old quarterback, who admittedly hadn't won a playoff game in his time on the Bungles, is trying to build a better team. So there's ample evidence that the Bungles didn't think badly of Dalton.

From what I've seen on the news, everybody has said Dalton is a quality quarterback, and that Dallas was lucky to have him...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Dalton is not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need.

There were no Aaron Rodgers', Drew Brees', Ben Roethlisbergers', Russell Wilsons' or Patrick Mahomes' available in the off season to sign instead of Dalton.

Some here act like signing Dalton was a major blunder by Dallas, that they passed up SB-caliber quarterback after SB-caliber quarterback to get Dalton.

Get real folks, he's as good as anybody that was and is available...

phildadon86

Reaction score
And to think...……………….there were 4 idiots that agreed with you. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

I look forward to watching your starting QB play. :muttley:
Going to be good times. Judging him on the Dak curve hes been so unfairly judged with for 4 years. Wait to see how many boxes Dalton checks off using that lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Going to be good times. Judging him on the Dak curve hes been so unfairly judged with for 4 years. Wait to see how many boxes Dalton checks off using that lol

Amazing how these trolls work. It will be nice to be on the other side for a bit while we tank into a top 10 pick. Might be just the thing this team needs to get an impact defender or two for next season.

Sadly……….if we make the playoffs at 7-9 that might just ruin things.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Please stop the trolling guys or the thread will be deleted.

I wish all the best for Dak still i am happy we finally have a starting caliber QB.

You love Dalton because you know the name, make excuses for his NFL performance, and you haven't seen him crap the bed in Dallas yet.

I'm not sure if Dak can win a SB, but I know damn well Dalton can't do it. He had top 10 defenses every year he made the playoffs - Dak has never had one - and Dalton lost every playoff game. That's what happens when you throw 1 TD pass and 6 INTs in 4 playoff games.

But you love yourself some Dalton, for now. It's only a matter of time until you learn the hard way. :rolleyes:

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score

"After the Bengals went on a spending spree this summer, Cincinnati did not have the salary-cap space to keep Dalton and sign its incoming rookie class."

AJ Green is 32 years old, missed all of last year and 7 games the year before. The Bengals have a lot of young players, getting a younger QB, who had such an outstanding year before in college, to be able to (hopefully) play for a long time with them rather than a 32 year old quarterback, who admittedly hadn't won a playoff game in his time on the Bungles, is trying to build a better team. So there's ample evidence that the Bungles didn't think badly of Dalton.

From what I've seen on the news, everybody has said Dalton is a quality quarterback, and that Dallas was lucky to have him...
I’m not rooting against Dalton but you really need to set your expectations.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Dalton is better than most back ups, and I'm glad to have him over some clown like Cooper Rush. But let's not ignore some pertinent facts.

Dalton started 4 playoff games. Each year he had a top 10 defense to help him get there (Dak has never had one). He also had some guy named AJ Green to throw to, along with guys named Sanu and Marvin Jones. The results?

Lost 31-10
Lost 10-7
Lost 11-6
Lost 26-10

His offense scored 33 points in FOUR games. He threw 1 TD pass - total - in four games (along with 6 picks). Dak lost 34-31 to Aaron Rodgers and got roasted for it.

I'd love a magical SB run as much as the next guy but we've got a lot of folks living in fantasy land when it comes to Dalton. I don't know if it's a Texas thing, a haven't seen him much since he left Texas thing, or a Dak Derangement Syndrome thing, but nothing about his past gives reason for hope beyond anything more than an NFC East title, and that's only because it's the worst division in football.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Amazing how these trolls work. It will be nice to be on the other side for a bit while we tank into a top 10 pick. Might be just the thing this team needs to get an impact defender or two for next season.

Everyone is upset we arent cheering for Dalton because they think its due to being Dak fans. Its being a fan of the team and wanting a stud on defense. lol. Dont get it twisted though. I will be rooting for Dalton, but also judging him on the Dak scale. If his footwork messes up. You better believe I am bringing it up, if he throws an errant pass, boom ill be there, and WHEN he throws a pick in garbage time, you best believe ill be calling people out. lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Everyone is upset we arent cheering for Dalton because they think its due to being Dak fans. Its being a fan of the team and wanting a stud on defense. lol. Dont get it twisted though. I will be rooting for Dalton, but also judging him on the Dak scale. If his footwork messes up. You better believe I am bringing it up, if he throws an errant pass, boom ill be there, and WHEN he throws a pick in garbage time, you best believe ill be calling people out. lol

I looked at the schedule of Dallas and eagles. Cowboys easier and eagles tough. They have to beat us twice to win the division the way I see it.

Washington a dark horse horse with veteran qb

phildadon86

Reaction score
I looked at the schedule of Dallas and eagles. Cowboys easier and eagles tough. They have to beat us twice to win the division the way I see it.

Washington a dark horse horse with veteran qb
Good let them. We need a stud on defense anyways. Doesnt matter whos under center if the team is allowing 40 points a game.

Proof

Reaction score
Of course fans are going to be harder on a quarterback that is asking for top dollar over a backup. Let Andy ask for it and see what happens? We'd insist on an immediate drug test.

and when Dak was the lowest paid qb in the league? what was it then lol

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
These guys think we've forgotten their behavior was the same when he was only making $465k a year. If Dak getting paid was really the driving force behind their criticisms of Dak and now Dalton is going to get the benefit of the doubt because he provides value at $3 million this year, these guys should have been head over heels happy with the value Dak provided at $465k/year. They were not. The hatred has been the same since 2016 and it's dishonest for these guys to claim so.

I know a few posters didn't have a problem with Dak but just don't want the team to invest that much into one player and I can respect that opinion. But those posters are the exception to what has occurred, not the rule.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There were no Aaron Rodgers', Drew Brees', Ben Roethlisbergers', Russell Wilsons' or Patrick Mahomes' available in the off season to sign instead of Dalton.

Some here act like signing Dalton was a major blunder by Dallas, that they passed up SB-caliber quarterback after SB-caliber quarterback to get Dalton.

Get real folks, he's as good as anybody that was and is available...
it wasn't a blunder. it was a good signing to have a back up like Dalton.

specially if the expectations were high to make a run in the playoffs. although now that the season has unfolded, we can see that with this defense, we won't be making any runs.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

if we are 2-6 or 3-5 by mid season, I would advocate for Danucci. I would like to know if there is potential to make him a back up next year or do we have to waste dollars and roster spot for another QB. plus, it would help us get to that top 10 pick and get an impact defensive player.

Flamma

Reaction score

Again, it all stemmed around his future contract. Very few people were complaining until contract talks started.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Again, it all stemmed around his future contract. Very few people were complaining until contract talks started.
No. They started way before that. About the time Romo was no longer the starter. And since then the goal posts have moved about 10 football field lengths. The reason he isnt liked has nothing to do with football. Im starting to see that. @Hennessy_King

Proof

Reaction score

it heated up dramatically when the contract time came, but we definitely have different memories prior to. All good.

Flamma

Reaction score
No. They started way before that. About the time Romo was no longer the starter. And since then the goal posts have moved about 10 football field lengths. The reason he isnt liked has nothing to do with football. Im starting to see that. @Hennessy_King

Almost no complaints in 2016. A scant few started in 2017. I remember the complaints getting heavy in 2018. That would be an extension year.

Status
Not open for further replies.