I love me some Andy Dalton

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak usually has several passes a game that are “almost” intercepted. I don’t expect Dalton to wait until the 4th quarter before he starts playing. The trend started last year with Dak and it has continued into this season with the slow starts , turnovers , three and outs, etc, for the first half of the game instead of putting together offensive drives that would keep the Dallas defense off the field and not allow the games to get out of reach. I don’t expect Dalton to be perfect. I never expect for Dak to be perfect, but I do think that their are other QBs that can play just as well, if not better than Dak when playing with the talent that Dak has played with. Now it is a matter of value considering the huge cap hit that Dak takes up. Dallas can lose without overpaying Dak. Each season that passes, the wins are becoming fewer and fewer since they are depending on Dak instead of a balanced offense with Zeke’s running.

Again the only good part of this injury is we get to put that" alot of QB's can flurish in the offense" to the test.... just promise one thing I'll admit i was wrong if I am as long as you will if you are. deal?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Again the only good part of this injury is we get to put that" alot of QB's can flurish in the offense" to the test.... just promise one thing I'll admit i was wrong if I am as long as you will if you are. deal?
I love the people that bring up slow starts like its a Dak thing. Garrett teams were notorious for starting slow. Especially in the playoffs lol.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Dalton will turn out to be a major upgrade over Prescott.......patience we will know soonest!
He very well could be.

And what is saddest is..

fans who should be loyal to the whole team instead focus on a player and make that player their focal point hell or high water.

I have my pet cats too. But I would never cheer for any player to fail while playing for us.

That is not very classy I must say.

It's really interesting to me that for years the FO would not think of having a starter quality player backup their starter.

Then Big Mike shows up and Dalton becomes available and the FO signed him immediately.

We never had a backup of that magnitude under Romo for the most part. They were journeyman or former starters who were long past their freshness date.

And for his first 4 years as our starter Dak had no credible backup sought.

Dalton is several cuts above journeyman player.

And going forward our destiny is in his hands.

This should prove interesting.

:starspin:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I love the people that bring up slow starts like its a Dak thing. Garrett teams were notorious for starting slow. Especially in the playoffs lol.

Funny how memory fades on a sports board. Romo had slow starts also. Then had to storm us back with miracle plays in the 4th quarter. That's why I'm sorta optimistic about, Mike. Maybe he has to weed the Garrett out of this team. And nothing against Garret. Great guy and hope he get's to get back to Dallas in an office job. But I think the team still smells of Garrett and Mike is gonna have to spray and keep spraying to get the stink out.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He very well could be.

And what is saddest is..

fans who should be loyal to the whole team instead focus on a player and make that player their focal point hell or high water.

I have my pet cats too. But I would never cheer for any player to fail while playing for us.

That is not very classy I must say.

It's really interesting to me that for years the FO would not think of having a starter quality player backup their starter.

Then Big Mike shows up and Dalton becomes available and the FO signed him immediately.

We never had a backup of that magnitude under Romo for the most part. They were journeyman or former starters who were long past their freshness date.

And for his first 4 years as our starter Dak had no credible backup sought.

Dalton is several cuts above journeyman player.

And going forward our destiny is in his hands.

This should prove interesting.

:starspin:

And what is saddest is..

Couldnt this be said by both sides of the fence though?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
And what is saddest is..

Couldnt this be said by both sides of the fence though?

Yeah..

But I am worn from taking a side and people just attacking to get a rise out of you.

It could be the same for both sides but I don't do like some people will do.

They will pound a point into the ground..then come back 3 weeks later and do it some more and they chuckle and grin over the stupidity that nobody notices they play both sides of a topic and nobody fact checks their past posts.

I will and have caught a couple of posters doing it and I suggested to them to stop.

They just put me on Ignore and went on playing their games.

So it gets weird on these fan sites sometimes and the moderators have better things to do than hunt these guys out.

I just hit my ignore button.

Ain't no big thing.

Swagger

Reaction score
Yeah..

But I am worn from taking a side and people just attacking to get a rise out of you.

It could be the same for both sides but I don't do like some will.

They will pound a point into the ground..then come back 3 weeks later and do it some more and they chuckle and grin over the stupidity that nobody notices they play both sides of a topic and nobody fact checks their past posts.

I will and have caught a couple of posters doing it and I suggested to them to stop.

They just put me on Ignore and went on playing their games.

So it gets weird on these fan sites sometimes and the moderators have better things to do than hunt these guys out.

I just hit my ignore button.

Ain't no big thing.
I have to agree that the "ignore" button is fantastic...it's just a shame that only two people will be able to read my message :mad::laugh:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I have to agree that the "ignore" button is fantastic...it's just a shame that only two people will be able to read my message :mad::laugh:
:lmao::laugh::omg::lmao2::huh::huh:

really got a good laugh out of that.

So its just you and me reading each other?

Holy Toledo.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Dalton was shown the door by the Bengals...THE BENGALS , LOL . He’s lucky to be a backup and still be in the league .

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
let's hate on dalton, that somehow will make dak better. lmao. took the guy one game to get a W. oh yeah all those other losses were on the team, not stats.

phildadon86

Reaction score
let's hate on dalton, that somehow will make dak better. lmao. took the guy one game to get a W. oh yeah all those other losses were on the team, not stats.
Sunday was the definition of a team win. And dalton did his best to throw the game away too. How is it that when dalton wins it’s his but when Dak wins it’s the team? You people are funny. I really hope I see you commenting when Dalton throws numerous picks in a game. Wouldn’t be the first time.

jnday

Reaction score
Dalton sucks pretty much all the time. Funny you hate Dak but choose Dalton to pick up a stick and go to bat for. You should at least have some higher standards. And, again, pay has nothing to do with it. Were you singing Dak's praises at $465k per year and we were winning games? I don't recall you ever being on board with Dak.
I have never been a Dak fan and I have been keeping up with him since his high school days. Dalton has led teams to the playoffs several times, which is more than Dak. It is not a matter of Dalton, but I think several QBs could have done just as much, if not more, than Dak if they had the chance to play with the talent that Dak has played with. Dak lovers massively overrate Dak and they just love the meaningless stats that accumulates after the games are already out of reach.

jnday

Reaction score
It literally started the evening of the first preseason game in 2016 when Dak played so well and Romo haters started off demanding Dak play for Romo. Dak was doomed from that point forward. It only got worse after Romo got hurt and Dak actually did have to start, we went on the winning streak, and a QB controversy did come up. Romo lovers tried to find every flaw in Dak's game to argue Romo was still better. Then crap hit the fan when Romo came back and was the back up instead of getting his job back. This is the overwhelming majority cause of the Dak hate right here. There is a small portion of fans that may have soured on Dak and then there is a portion of fans that philosophically don't want to pay one player so much money. The problem is the people who have hated Dak from day 1 try to blend in with the contract folks and expect us to forget they hated him at $465k a year.
The contract is just one reason for the hate, but there are dozens more. I have never bought into fans hating Dak because he replaced Romo. Romo was done because of his injuries. He should have retired a year or two earlier.

Slick

Reaction score
Funny how memory fades on a sports board. Romo had slow starts also. Then had to storm us back with miracle plays in the 4th quarter. That's why I'm sorta optimistic about, Mike. Maybe he has to weed the Garrett out of this team. And nothing against Garret. Great guy and hope he get's to get back to Dallas in an office job. But I think the team still smells of Garrett and Mike is gonna have to spray and keep spraying to get the stink out.

I recall Dallas scoring lots of points early, but opposing teams did one thing they never did. Make half time adjustments, and run them into the ground. That was my biggest beef with JG.

They called the same plays, got shut down, and rallied in prevent schemes that came up short.

They also won early in the season, but never quite gained momentum in Nov and Dec.

That's when real playoff teams excel. Sometimes even the bye is detrimental to that momentum.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Please stop the trolling guys or the thread will be deleted.

I wish all the best for Dak still i am happy we finally have a starting caliber QB.

Twenty One...saying you are happy we finally have a starting caliber QB..insinuates Dak was not a starting caliber QB....Dak has so improved his game last 2 years its incredible

catiii

Reaction score
I don't know what's worse, the "Dalton would've thrown 10 interceptions if the corners could catch" or the "If it's not Dak, we don't want to win" attitude. You clowns better HOPE Dalton is the king of chill back there and blows defenses off the field with TDs because he IS our QB. Stop pining over Dak like Romosexuals pine over Tony. They are both GONE and you need to support who we've got leading our offense right now and stop the childish baloney.
Dalton is our QB. Get over it!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Please stop the trolling guys or the thread will be deleted.

I wish all the best for Dak still i am happy we finally have a starting caliber QB.

And to think...……………….there were 4 idiots that agreed with you. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

I look forward to watching your starting QB play. :muttley:

Status
Not open for further replies.