I love what the Dolphins are doing

joseephuss

Reaction score
Once again, Jimmy Johnson tanked heavily and it got us 3 super bowls. Would've been more if not for horrific GMing.

Jimmy wasn't tanking. The whole point of the Herschel Walker trade was to acquire as many draft picks as they could. As part of that trade were the conditional draft picks attached to the players they got from the Vikings. Dallas had every intention of getting those picks rather than the players who weren't that good anyway.

The players were LB Jesse Solomon, DB Isiac Holt, RB Darrin Nelson, LB David Howard, and DE Alex Stewart. Darrin Neson refused to report to Dallas and got traded to San Diego for picks. The rest weren't anything special. Solomon and Holt got playing time, but they weren't great players.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The players he got from MINN. He sat them. Tanked for draft picks. Lost on purpose.

Still not sure what you mean unless you’re talking about the players he cut to trigger the conditional draft picks, but it’s academic anyway because it doesn’t change the point. Losing on purpose runs counter to the entire purpose and spirit of football and of competition. It doesn’t matter who’s doing it.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
I bet Kris Richard is glad he didn’t get that head coaching job in Miami.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score

They are 100% dedicated to tanking. They are either setting themselves up for Tua in the 2020 draft or the grand prize Trevor Lawrence in the 2021 draft. Absolutely brilliant. I am jealous. See guys NFL teams can tank like NBA teams. This isn't a Madden trade. It's reality.

This is so awesome!..:facepalm: