I love Zeke

zeke21

Reaction score
I've been on the Zeke bandwagon since day 1. Still glad we have him over that loudmouth in Jacksonville. I do wish we traded up for Goff or Wentz...those 2 are stud QB's.
This almost sums up my thoughts too. Zeke (clearly) is my fave player and I think he is truly going to one of the all time greats. Doesn't receive enough kudos for what he does really.. right now we have a one man offence and he is that man. He is overcoming a revolving OL, a truly shocking QB that no one fears, a horrible OC and woeful HC and still putting 100+ rushing every game, and nearly 200 AP yards. That is elite. Then next gen releases that he was the fastest ball carrier in the game, which is slightly surprising because you think of him more as a power weapon (and some even call him slow!) but he has a great burst of speed. He is truly the complete back.

However... we had a perfect opportunity to trade up and secure a long term QB. A true star QB that 'could' have spent 2-3 years on the pine behind Romo and then stepped into a perfect position to have a long career here. Put Goff or Wentz in our lineup and we would be dominating..put one of them in with a different HC and wowsers.. it would be the glory years revisited

Romotil45

Reaction score
Well he has panned out.

Its not over yet. He has panned out so far. If he goes down and misses any length of time or if for some reason we are unwilling to pay him what he wants in his second contract. The pundits will say we over reached and they would be right.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Its not over yet. He has panned out so far. If he goes down and misses any length of time or if for some reason we are unwilling to pay him what he wants in his second contract. The pundits will say we over reached and they would be right.

Its also not over for the guys you would have taken over zeke.

So there's that

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Should have drafted a QB who can consistently throw for more than 200 yrds. Bad idea to draft a RB that high having said that Zeke is a great player but not great enough to overcome the poor QB play. If we win the east and make the playoffs it will be one and done.

Are you insane...the answer is yes.

1st of all going into that drafted they had a healthy Tony Romo. So they were not going to draft a QB and sit him for 2 to 3 years to learn.
It was Zeke or Bosa or Ramsey they were looking at mostly. With Zeke being the guy foremost.

Then they want to take a QB to develop in the 2nd round I believe, but since the trade with Denver did not work out for Lynch (which thankfully it did not in hindsight) there was not another QB they targeted until the 4th round, which was Cook. Oakland traded up as we could not, and took him. So it was Dak. Which was the correct pick at the time.

And it sill may be. Or may not be. So get off your soap box of hate about it. Enjoy the progress this young team seems to be making in the last 2 games.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Best back in the NFL. I told a poster here earlier in the year that losing Frederick didn’t matter. The oline never made Zeke. That’s a hot take debate show/uninformed fan talking point.

Nate Newton will tell you, and he said it many times.
Emmitt made them all pro bowl OL.
Not a one of them had a high pedigree and many were considered misfits until Emmitt made them look good.

They were FA's and 3rd round type picks for the most part.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

No.
The only people that will say that are the haters like you with an agenda.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'm glad like he's playing, once again, like a dude we spent the 4th overall pick on. When you get drafted that high, there's no excuses.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Not a one of them had a high pedigree and many were considered misfits until Emmitt made them look good.

That's true. They were mostly late round picks and undrafted fee agents. One of them was even a converted DT. In fact, Emmitt NEVER played with a lineman picked in the 1st round in his 13 years with the Cowboys.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's true. They were mostly late round picks and undrafted fee agents. One of them was even a converted DT. In fact, Emmitt NEVER played with a lineman picked in the 1st round in his 13 years with the Cowboys.

And when Barry Sanders was drafted by Detroit, he had 2 pro bowl OL in place, if not 3. At one point they had 3 blocking for him.

To me this tells part of the reason why Emmitt is the GOAT and Barry is GOAT Jr. :laugh:

Thomas82

Reaction score
And when Barry Sanders was drafted by Detroit, he had 2 pro bowl OL in place, if not 3. At one point they had 3 blocking for him.

To me this tells part of the reason why Emmitt is the GOAT and Barry is GOAT Jr. :laugh:

No argument from me on that one. Oh, and Emmitt made the Pro Bowl in his first 2 years without one of his linemen making it. He won his first rushing title without one of them making it.

Romotil45

Reaction score
No.
The only people that will say that are the haters like you with an agenda.

What agenda would that be exactly ? I've stated in this thread that I think Zeke is a great player and if he stays healthy poss a HOF. Having said that its still unwise to take a RB 4th overall. I wish you guys would read the entire thread before you jump to conclusions reading one post.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What agenda would that be exactly ? I've stated in this thread that I think Zeke is a great player and if he stays healthy poss a HOF. Having said that its still unwise to take a RB 4th overall. I wish you guys would read the entire thread before you jump to conclusions reading one post.

It is a body of all your posts actually.

stilltheguru

Reaction score

Can’t tell that to these Cowboy haters and some cowboy fans out here. Smh

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
OK then whats the agenda exactly then ? The agenda is I have opinions you disagree with is that it ? Is ok to disagree, doesnt make you a bad person.
Can you tell me what LT or rusher you’d have drafted?
Pretty please