I mentioned several weeks ago TB Def was the template

tm1119

Reaction score
That d line was “built” by signing free agents...which means its not a possibility for the cowboys

Rayman70

Reaction score
NO OTHER WAY YOU CAN STATE IT. THE CHIEFS WERE DOMINATED FROM PILLAR TO POST ALL GAME. Anything else is either an excuse or understatement.

kskboys

Reaction score
We had great quarterback play and a good offensive line during the Romo era. We also had a great front 7 with Ware and company. We had a great running game and a Hall of Fame tight end as well. Sometimes it is just luck. T.O. high ankle sprain and Rodgers making that pass on 4th and 20 showed it just was not our day.
Great front 7? No we didn't. We had Ware and nothing.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I saw that game last night and I jsut thought welcome to the life of a Cowboys qb, Mahomes. Life ain’t all sweet when your oline is compromised.

Rayman70

Reaction score
lets fathom what happened boys and gals. A 43 year old QB carved up the Chiefs D when he had to and put the dagger in them. The 4th quarter didnt even matter at that point. The chiefs Defense was exposed.

kskboys

Reaction score
That d line was “built” by signing free agents...which means its not a possibility for the cowboys
No, it wasn't.

Vea, Gholston both drafted. Suh was the big name FA, and he's a stud when he was finally moved from NT and they put a real NT beside him.

TB signs cheaper FA's for backups on the DL, and drafts guys. That's how you do it.

kskboys

Reaction score
And Demarcus Ware had an incredible amount of haters on this forum.

He was an unreal player.. Best defensive player we have had since the 90s..
Ware is top 10 all time as a DE/OLB. Complete unstoppable freak. And we were too dumb to put players around him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ware is top 10 all time as a DE/OLB. Complete unstoppable freak. And we were too dumb to put players around him.

We sacrificed some great players for that stupid coach we had.

Dallas should have gone all in at points.. The team that won it last night went all in to get that trophy.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
they executed the game plan, the chiefs did not.They were beaten emphatically with an exclamation point. The tackles are not why they lost. This is a game of attrition. One team executed a plan brilliantly, the other did not.
The entire Bucs defensive game plan was based on the fact that the Chiefs' tackles couldn't block them. I don't know if that's why the Chiefs lost, but it is 100% the justification for the Bucs' defensive game plan.

Bowles went entirely against his general strategy - he only blitzed 5 times compared to a 39% rate the rest of the season - because they could win with 4. The tackles being out was the most influential point of that game, nothing else.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The entire Bucs defensive game plan was based on the fact that the Chiefs' tackles couldn't block them. I don't know if that's why the Chiefs lost, but it is 100% the justification for the Bucs' defensive game plan.

Bowles went entirely against his general strategy - he only blitzed 5 times compared to a 39% rate the rest of the season - because they could win with 4. The tackles being out was the most influential point of that game, nothing else.
tom brady did his job better than Mahomes. It was a true team victory, that said. A complete beat down. That cannot be understated.

kskboys

Reaction score
And occasionally Ratliff until he ran out of gas.
Rats was good for like 1 1/2 years. Then teams figured out he was easy to run against due to size/build limitations. His 2-3 sacks couldn't make up for the weak middle. But all Jerry could see was the occasional sack. Dumb.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
tom brady did his job better than Mahomes. It was a true team victory, that said. A complete beat down. That cannot be understated.
Which happened because the Chiefs' tackles were hurt.

Go ahead and wax poetic about it if you want. The Bucs' D was effective because of the Chiefs' OL injuries. That dictated the entire game.

kskboys

Reaction score
And for some very odd reason, the Chiefs never changed their O game plan. You slow down the pass rush by throwing short. Football 101. And there was Patrick, still trying to throw 40 yard passes.

One of the stupidest non-adjustments I've ever seen. Did they hire Jason Garrett for OC?

Rayman70

Reaction score

Go ahead and wax poetic about it if you want. The Bucs' D was effective because of the Chiefs' OL injuries. That dictated the entire game.
still have to execute and expose it, AND THEY DID THAT. Go ahead,its ok...they out executed them badly. The final score backs this up.

Rayman70

Reaction score
And for some very odd reason, the Chiefs never changed their O game plan. You slow down the pass rush by throwing short. Football 101. And there was Patrick, still trying to throw 40 yard passes.

One of the stupidest non-adjustments I've ever seen. Did they hire Jason Garrett for OC?
hmm..maybe that is why Benienmy isn't a HC yet? Food for thought...I never even thought of that.

kskboys

Reaction score

Then why was the Bucs D effective the entire season?

Someone is waxing something, all right.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

KC threw swing passes out to Hill and the RB and TB swarmed those plays with 3 and 4 guys converging.