I mentioned several weeks ago TB Def was the template

Rayman70

Reaction score
I thought Tampa simply came in more focused, hungry, and with a much better plan to win. It showed. I thought the chiefs never really adjusted offensively, if at all. SOMETIMES its not your day. The other team did a whale of a job, the other did not. It was a team loss for KC and a team win for TB. That is fair to say.

ICP

Reaction score
TB won the trenches on both sides of the ball and took away KC's most explosive weapon in Hill. Their Linebackers were excellent in coverage despite Kelce having a pretty good game. As I was watching the TB Linebackers I tried to imagine what it would have looked like if they had Jaylon and LVE out there, it wasn't a pretty sight.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The entire Bucs defensive game plan was based on the fact that the Chiefs' tackles couldn't block them. I don't know if that's why the Chiefs lost, but it is 100% the justification for the Bucs' defensive game plan.

Bowles went entirely against his general strategy - he only blitzed 5 times compared to a 39% rate the rest of the season - because they could win with 4. The tackles being out was the most influential point of that game, nothing else.
like I said, its one thing to know it, another to expose it and seize on it.The good teams tend to take advantage.

Rayman70

Reaction score
TB won the trenches on both sides of the ball and took away KC's most explosive weapon in Hill. Their Linebackers were excellent in coverage despite Kelce having a pretty good game. As I was watching the TB Linebackers I tried to imagine what it would have looked like if they had Jaylon and LVE out there, it wasn't a pretty sight.
yup...not even up for debate. It was your classic domination in full.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Not very often.

BS there were several plays where Hill would go in motion, and then either circle back around or continue across the formation and TB was all over it. The notion it was all 40 yard passes in an extreme exaggeration. TB did not care if KC threw short they had guys running to the ball. When KC would try to throw screen TB would sniff it out. No doubt when plays would break down Mahomes looked down field as most QB

speedkilz88

Reaction score
If they had Suh & Vita Vea in front of them they would look like they did in 2018 or better.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
my guess is Suh will move on and they will find a way to keep the others.
Shaq Barrett is worth 20M AAV.
David is worth 12M AAV at 31.
Suh is on a year to year search for the best money he can get

That doesn't include Gronk or Fournette both key offensive guys up for FA.

TB has about 38M in cap space but that's a lot of guys looking at SB bump pay checks.
If you are TB maybe you try to extend the magic and run it all back but boy that could really cost them a full rebuild down the road.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Great front 7? No we didn't. We had Ware and nothing.
Almost Anthony Spencer, Brady James, Greg Ellis, Ratliff and Hall of Famer Ware was outstanding. We had a top 5 defense and were among the league leaders in sacks. I remember one of those years we had three all pros with Ware, Spencer and Ratliff. Some of you fans give our players no credit. If Parcels did anything he built our defense up.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KC threw swing passes out to Hill and the RB and TB swarmed those plays with 3 and 4 guys converging.
Because they were keying on Hill all game. Those passes should have been to Davis-Hellaire while Hill took his two DB's deep.

The leading receiver in that game last night should have been Davis-Hellaire.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Almost Anthony Spencer, Brady James, Greg Ellis, Ratliff and Hall of Famer Ware was outstanding. We had a top 5 defense and were among the league leaders in sacks. I remember one of those years we had three all pros with Ware, Spencer and Ratliff. Some of you fans give our players no credit. If Parcels did anything he built our defense up.
He was forced to by trying to move to the 3/4.

tm1119

Reaction score
No, it wasn't.

Vea, Gholston both drafted. Suh was the big name FA, and he's a stud when he was finally moved from NT and they put a real NT beside him.

TB signs cheaper FA's for backups on the DL, and drafts guys. That's how you do it.

Lol pretty funny that you conveniently left out the 2 starting pass rushers that make the defense what it is and that were indeed free agent signings.
So yeah, if you just ignore 3 of their primary front 6 the Bucs are real home built :rolleyes:

fivetwos

Reaction score
You can't do this across the OL with a salary cap. When you are down to your third and fourth OTs, your offensive line is going to struggle. There's no such thing as just "next man up."
I've seen you make this same point in other threads.

It really is indeed something that the narrative in general is skewed as much as it is in favor of Tampa being something great as opposed to the KC OL having some bad timing with injury.

There's no secret at ALL that getting pressure while rushing only four is a path to success, and of course they were able to do that given the circumstances.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Yeah, Tampa Bay LBer's may be awesome, but they can't do swipes or wolf howls like the Cowboy linebackers.
Or fill wrong gaps or actually help block toward the goal line for the WR ......

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Because they were keying on Hill all game. Those passes should have been to Davis-Hellaire while Hill took his two DB's deep.

The leading receiver in that game last night should have been Davis-Hellaire.

When they panned out TB was just doing a great job across the board. I don't think Andy Reid forgot how to coach nor did Mahomes forget how to play QB. Really was not a lot open and when the ball did get out to the WR TB closed in quickly.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He was forced to by trying to move to the 3/4.
We would kill for that front 7 right now. Tank would be the 4th best pass rusher behind Ware, Ellis and Spencer. Ratliff and Spears is the purple people eaters compared to our tackles now.

kskboys

Reaction score
Lol pretty funny that you conveniently left out the 2 starting pass rushers that make the defense what it is and that were indeed free agent signings.
So yeah, if you just ignore 3 of their primary front 6 the Bucs are real home built :rolleyes:
It's even funnier that you're including the LB's in the DLine convo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you claimed it was built w/ FA's. It was actually built w/ both, but the only big money FA signing was Suh.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
It's even funnier that you're including the LB's in the DLine convo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you claimed it was built w/ FA's. It was actually built w/ both, but the only big money FA signing was Suh.
You should include Barrett & they traded for JJP. FA in 2019 for $5 million and then they franchise tagged him for 2020 at $15.8 million.