I mentioned several weeks ago TB Def was the template

kskboys

Reaction score
You should include Barrett. FA in 2019 for $5 million and then they franchise tagged him for 2020 at $15.8 million. JJP also was signed in FA
JJP was a trade.

But, all in all, I was only disagreeing that their DLine was built in FA. It was built through the draft w/ key FA's being added. That's how you do it.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
It didn't hurt that KC was missing three offensive linemen last night. When they met in week 12 KC put up 27 on the template. The Packers scored 26.

Andy Reid once again got pass happy when running the ball was the only way to pull Tampa out of what they were doing last night, but he's Andy Reid.

The Cowboys aren't smart enough to put together a DL like that because they go cheap on DTs. They think all they need is a "war daddy" DE - see Demarcus Lawrence's contract. Expecting them to replicate what the Bucs are doing, or anyone else for that matter, is a fool's errand. They only know one way of doing things - trying to replicate 1992 - and they're not smart enough to realize they're doing it wrong.

Packers Defense also gave 3 turnovers for their offense to work with. Reid has also been pass happy, when a team plays two deep safeties they dare you to run the football, which Reid kept his offense passing into coverage.

We don't need star defensive tackles, but ones who can occupy multiple defenders and can push the pocket inside.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
last night showed us that all these idiots talking about a great passing game and great secondary are just that, idiots

you win a SB with these ingredients:

1. great QB
2. Good OL
3. Great front 7
4. Good running game
5. Great TEs

period
and health!!!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
So what you are saying is we need to bring in two defensive tackles in free agency, draft JOK or Slater with the first round pick, draft a single high safety in the second round and team would improve. Yes the team would. The issue with Cowboys is our money players were awful last season. Dak missed the final 11 games, Martin missed 6 games, Tyron missed 14 games, Collins missed 16 games, Zeke was horrible, LVE was hurt and awful, Tank played just ok, Jaylon played like a linebacker with no legs. That was the real problem with the Cowboys. The roll players actually did their jobs.

We do not need many new stars, but several legitimate role-players, not over achieving undrafted fa's. Fix the trenches and it gives this team a chance:

LG-is is time to replace Connor Williams? Is McGovern the answer?
C-Biaz will be given every opportunity for the forseeable future at the position.
T-team must start developing a future starter at the position.

DT-I would bring in as many lunch pailed NT's I can find. Anchor, occupy multiple blockers to keep our LB's clean and allow Tank/Gregory to see less consistent double teams. Push of pocket types who will force the QB off the spot, into our edge rushers on the outside. We don't need an Aaron Donald here.

robertfchew

Reaction score
big problem with the Cowboys is the defense, specifically how badly we have missed in the draft on defensive picks and also taking some clown like Zeke over Ramsey.

Ramsey is a malcontent. He wouldn't have been happy here and he likely won't be happy in la in another year or 2.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
There’s been posts like this after every super bowl every year about how the winner has the blueprint we should follow.

it’s like reading a Dr. Seuss book.

pure elementary every time.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Hmmmm ... you mean, even when you have an outstanding QB (with a talented supporting cast), if both your starting tackles go down, it could impact your team to a point that they lose really important games?

I seem to remember that happening elsewhere.

Especially when it happens in the SB, against the NFC champions and a killer defense. i would say that it does make a difference.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ramsey is a malcontent. He wouldn't have been happy here and he likely won't be happy in la in another year or 2.
bingo. Dude is a thug. A mental trainwreck. EASY PASS. Much rather sign a vet like Patrick Peterson and see if we can move him out to safety. Much cheaper too.

Johnny23

Reaction score
This is going to be the narrrative all offseason, and it's annoying.

More important than the Tampa DL was the injuries to the Chiefs OL. That is what happens when both your starting tackles go out.
That defensive line was starting to shutdown KC in the Thanksgiving Sunday matchup and they carried the game plan over. It didn't hurt obviously that Fisher got hurt and Rimmers got abused again 1 on 1 in a super bowl.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That defensive line was starting to shutdown KC in the Thanksgiving Sunday matchup and they carried the game plan over. It didn't hurt obviously that Fisher got hurt and Rimmers got abused again 1 on 1 in a super bowl.

So your saying the loss of a starting OT and having a backup in made Mahomes job a lot harder? Imagine if he had to deal with both OT gone, a backup OT gone and relying on a 3rd string OT, then losing an all pro guard and your center for a few games. I would say that would be tough to overcome even for a Mahomes

Johnny23

Reaction score
So your saying the loss of a starting OT and having a backup in made Mahomes job a lot harder? Imagine if he had to deal with both OT gone, a backup OT gone and relying on a 3rd string OT, then losing an all pro guard and your center for a few games. I would say that would be tough to overcome even for a Mahomes
He was running for his life obviously. He was still making miracle throws that weren't being completed for a change. I didn't expect much then what we saw yesterday without Fisher. I still think they would have have had issues but not nearly as bad as Pat imitating Fran Tarkenton helplessly trying to escape the Steelers curtain back in the day.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He was running for his life obviously. He was still making miracle throws that weren't being completed for a change. I didn't expect much then what we saw yesterday without Fisher. I still think they would have have had issues but not nearly as bad as Pat imitating Fran Tarkenton helplessly trying to escape the Steelers curtain back in the day.

Yeah losing that left tackle and the replacement looking like a turnstile creates a lot of problems. Mahomes was amazing just being able to avoid the sacks and making his crazy throws but still losing that 1 part on the OL created issues enough so that KC was unable to score 1 TD on the day. When it was mentioned during the game by Romo of Fisher missing, I had to roll my eyes and say Tony don't talk to me about injuries on OL what Dallas QB's had to contend with was devastating

Johnny23

Reaction score
Yeah losing that left tackle and the replacement looking like a turnstile creates a lot of problems. Mahomes was amazing just being able to avoid the sacks and making his crazy throws but still losing that 1 part on the OL created issues enough so that KC was unable to score 1 TD on the day. When it was mentioned during the game by Romo of Fisher missing, I had to roll my eyes and say Tony don't talk to me about injuries on OL what Dallas QB's had to contend with was devastating
I hear ya. I just got a good chuckle out when they said he gained 496 rush yards behind the line of scrimmage avoiding KC falling victim to a super bowl sack record.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I hear ya. I just got a good chuckle out when they said he gained 496 rush yards behind the line of scrimmage avoiding KC falling victim to a super bowl sack record.

The guy is uncanny at times, he throws some balls falling to the ground and twisting around. This is something coaches tend to frown on but thus far he has been able to pull off these throws without throwing a lot of ints.

aria

Reaction score
Typical over reactions everywhere. If defense is so important how did the Chiefs win last year? They had a defense in the bottom half of the league whereas SF had one of the best. The year before, both NE and LA had way less than average defenses but good offenses, so how did they both get to the Super Bowl? The year before that Philly had a great defense, and won, but NE had the 4th worst in the league and still almost won.

Defense definitely matters but you can cherry pick every Super Bowl and point to stats to make a case but in the end it comes down to coaching and who rises to the occasion on that particular day. The QB play is essential as well. KC got out coached and out played, the end.

*yes, we absolutely need to go all defense in this draft

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Tampa's template is a great front seven, good safety play and "good enough" at corner.
Same as those Giants teams that beat New England twice in the Super Bowl.
Same as the teams that actually advance in the playoffs.