I must say, Sorry for another D. Murray thread

risco

Reaction score
After watching the Dallas / Seahawks game from last year, It is clear that we need Demarco Murray. I don't care if he did leave meat on the bones. They should have NEVER let him go! He brought a toughness to the game that none of the other backs on the team have.

Sorry for another DM thread!

superonyx

Reaction score
It's ok.... It's therapeutic.

Now we need this statement to make a Murray thread more complete:

Anyone can run behind this line!!!!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After watching the Dallas / Seahawks game from last year, It is clear that we need Demarco Murray. I don't care if he did leave meat on the bones. They should have NEVER let him go! He brought a toughness to the game that none of the other backs on the team have.

1. Murray of 2015 is not Murray of 2014.

2. The Cowboys blocking of 2015 is not close to the level of the blocking in 2014.

3. In 2015 defenses are loading up against the run because Romo and Dez are out. In 2014 the Cowboys had a very dangerous passing attack that kept defenses from loading up against the run. Defenses double covered Dez in 2014 but in 2015 that extra defender is being used to defend the run.

4. Stats show that the history of RBs with over 370 carries in a season is not good in following seasons. Almost all fall off the next season and most never recover.

5. Stats show that starting RBs start to decline at age 27.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

But he had no speed, fans here say over and over.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But he had no speed, fans here say over and over.

Fans and media complained all of last season about Murray having poor vision and running into instead of away from defender in the open field. It's probably some of the same people that are now complaining that he is gone.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
If we had just played it cool with Demarco, all would be well right now in Cowboy world. We would be 4-1 and talking more about defensive improvements, how beautiful the weather is this time of year, and timelines for getting guys back healthy.

Bravo for the SBBC!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Fans and media complained all of last season about Murray having poor vision and running into instead of away from defender in the open field. It's probably some of the same people that are now complaining that he is gone.

Nailed.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
While I agree the Cowboys need Murray, or at least a back like him, his asking price was simply too high. My wish now is the Cowboys drafted a back instead of Chaz Green in the third round.

I'm no expert, but to me Joseph Randle is trying to break every run for 60 yards and Darren McFadden is tiptoeing through the hole. My hope is Christine Michael becomes the Murray-like back the Cowboys need.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

2. The Cowboys blocking of 2015 is not close to the level of the blocking in 2014.

3. In 2015 defenses are loading up against the run because Romo and Dez are out. In 2014 the Cowboys had a very dangerous passing attack that kept defenses from loading up against the run. Defenses double covered Dez in 2014 but in 2015 that extra defender is being used to defend the run.

4. Stats show that the history of RBs with over 370 carries in a season is not good in following seasons. Almost all fall off the next season and most never recover.

This.

While I do think that we took a hit in losing Murray, that hit does not equal the contract he got from Philly. We made the correct choice. There is some pain because of it, but we made the correct choice.

That FA move is turning out to be a loss for us, a loss for the Eagles and a loss for Murray (aside from the financials of course). All in all, I think the Giants and Resdskins fans must be happy how that whole thing went down.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
While I agree the Cowboys need Murray, or at least a back like him, his asking price was simply too high. My wish now is the Cowboys drafted a back instead of Chaz Green in the third round.

I'm no expert, but to me Joseph Randle is trying to break every run for 60 yards and Darren McFadden is tiptoeing through the hole. My hope is Christine Michael becomes the Murray-like back the Cowboys need.

Joseph Randle has been hypnotized into believing he's Barry Sanders. That was part of the front office's SBBC prep.

DFWJC

Reaction score

check
check
check
check
check

5 stars
:star::star::star::star::starspin:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This.

While I do think that we took a hit in losing Murray, that hit does not equal the contract he got from Philly. We made the correct choice. There is some pain because of it, but we made the correct choice.

That FA move is turning out to be a loss for us, a loss for the Eagles and a loss for Murray (aside from the financials of course). All in all, I think the Giants and Resdskins fans must be happy how that whole thing went down.

If they made a mistake, the mistake was not signing some mid-tier RB in free agency. The choice to let Murray move on was the correct choice. The probability of him failing to live up to a big contract was huge.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have an idea....after this thread runs its course of 75,000 we hate our RBs situation and rue of no Murray.....
Let's start another one to rehash it all again......

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Knocked that out of the park x.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joseph Randle has been hypnotized into believing he's Barry Sanders. That was part of the front office's SBBC prep.

Therefore:
Randle believes that he is Barry Sanders.

Blue Star believes that C-Mike is Barry Sanders (Or is comparing C-Mike to Barry Sanders and insult to C-Mike?).

Barry Sanders believes that he is Barry Sanders.

It reminds me of the Dire Straits song Industrial Disease where there is a line "Two men say they're (really famous person), one of them must be wrong".

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really just regurgitated hatred towards Demarco... Nothing new.

If you review any threads from last season you'll see that I was not a Murray hater. Many people complained about him but I was not one of them.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
If you review any threads from last season you'll see that I was not a Murray hater. Many people complained about him but I was not one of them.

Let me clarify. You have been privy to plenty of crafty hate lined zingers aimed in Demarco's direction in the offseason and you summarized them all in that post.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let me clarify. You have been privy to plenty of crafty hate lined zingers aimed in Demarco's direction in the offseason and you summarized them all in that post.

I'm not a hater just because I post facts that don't support other peoples opinions.