I must say, Sorry for another D. Murray thread

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
But he left meat on the bone, should have got 2,500+....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It was absolutely the right choice to not sign Murray to Eagle money. If Romo and Dez were playing, this thread wouldn't exist. Instead you'd be *****in about something else.

superonyx

Reaction score
Thank god we didn't sign Murray. Otherwise we wouldn't of been able to spend all that money on Crawford.

Instead of a Super Bowl season we get an average defensive lineman with potential to be above average.

Wooohooooo....

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Wouldn't have really helped much this year. Just hoping they get a good rb for next season.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank god we didn't sign Murray. Otherwise we wouldn't of been able to spend all that money on Crawford.

You miss the point. If you overpay to Murray, the entire lockerroom sees that and guess what happens when their deals are up.

superonyx

Reaction score
You miss the point. If you overpay to Murray, the entire lockerroom sees that and guess what happens when their deals are up.

Come on man. If you pay Murray what the AP Offensive Player of the Year and 1st team all Pro and MVP candidate (3rd I believe) should be paid the other players will see that this level of production equals getting paid for performance.

I don't miss the point even a little.
If anyone wants that type of deal then they know how to get it.
Or they can be an average defensive lineman who doesn't deserve the contract and gets paid due to the owner having Aaron Rodgers nightmares still.

I believe not paying Murray send a bad message to the rest of the team. It tells them the team will run you to the ground and then use that as an excuse to not compensate you for your contribution.

If anything overpaying for Crawford tells the lockeroom that you need to flash a little potential and then demand a huge contract BEFORE you actually produce anything.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Fans and media complained all of last season about Murray having poor vision and running into instead of away from defender in the open field. It's probably some of the same people that are now complaining that he is gone.

That would be true. Some do complain that he's gone. Not me. I accepted the warts and all about Murray. Would have love to have him back. But if the Cowboys weren't willing to pay him than thats fine. However, they had better make sure there was a viable replacement for Murray and not the scrubs that we have with Randle and Macfadden. Right now our run game has been non existent. Thats not entirely the fault of the online either. It just proves that not everyone can run behind this oline. Which is unfortunate because we are very close to being a favorite of making it to the superbowl. But not with this run game. Its terrible.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

However, it can show the lockerroom that hard work pays off. That if you work hard for the Cowboys that the Cowboys will reward you. Now it seems that you work hard here and you'll get paid someplace else. I think its okay to be frugal with money. But not to the point where your main contributors are paid bigger money someplace else rather than here at home.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Come on man. If you pay Murray what the AP Offensive Player of the Year and 1st team all Pro and MVP candidate

He won those titles, but that doesn't make him an elite back and that is what he wanted to get paid. Only 1 team thought he was worth that.

risco

Reaction score
1. Murray of 2015 is not Murray of 2014.

2. The Cowboys blocking of 2015 is not close to the level of the blocking in 2014.

3. In 2015 defenses are loading up against the run because Romo and Dez are out. In 2014 the Cowboys had a very dangerous passing attack that kept defenses from loading up against the run. Defenses double covered Dez in 2014 but in 2015 that extra defender is being used to defend the run.

4. Stats show that the history of RBs with over 370 carries in a season is not good in following seasons. Almost all fall off the next season and most never recover.

5. Stats show that starting RBs start to decline at age 27.

Listen bro- all I have to say to you is blah blah blah- I don't mean that in a bad way. You're talking about the average. DM is above average. Just maybe the o-line would block better with DM. DM would demand more attention. That should free someone up sigficantly. With DM other teams have to game plan. Other team's entire approach would change.

risco

Reaction score
I have an idea....after this thread runs its course of 75,000 we hate our RBs situation and rue of no Murray.....
Let's start another one to rehash it all again......

I hope not bro, lol. I just started this thread because watching the game made me think that DM was still on the team. Then I woke up and said, D***. The dude played at a level of confidence and swagger, that's simply put, heads and shoulders above what we have now. And confidence is very contagious.

risco

Reaction score
Fans and media complained all of last season about Murray having poor vision and running into instead of away from defender in the open field. It's probably some of the same people that are now complaining that he is gone.

What are their complaints now?

risco

Reaction score
While I agree the Cowboys need Murray, or at least a back like him, his asking price was simply too high. My wish now is the Cowboys drafted a back instead of Chaz Green in the third round.

I'm no expert, but to me Joseph Randle is trying to break every run for 60 yards and Darren McFadden is tiptoeing through the hole. My hope is Christine Michael becomes the Murray-like back the Cowboys need.
Here's to CM- I hope he can too.

superonyx

Reaction score
He won those titles, but that doesn't make him an elite back and that is what he wanted to get paid. Only 1 team thought he was worth that.

And only 1 team though it was worth it to take a chance on Greg Hardy and only 1 team though it was worth the risk to draft Randy Gregory.

This doesn't prove anything.

You can diminish Murray if you want. But you don't put up the numbers he did over the last several years if he wasn't an elite back.
Crawford got Murrays money and he isn't even close to an elite DL.
The Dallas Cowboys would be a better team today with Murray.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And only 1 team though it was worth it to take a chance on Greg Hardy and only 1 team though it was worth the risk to draft Randy Gregory.

This doesn't prove anything.

You can diminish Murray if you want. But you don't put up the numbers he did over the last several years if he wasn't an elite back.
Crawford got Murrays money and he isn't even close to an elite DL.
The Dallas Cowboys would be a better team today with Murray.

We need to keep track of all the negative Nancy's such as yourself so at the end of the season when Dallas wins the East we can hold them accountable.

superonyx

Reaction score
We need to keep track of all the negative Nancy's such as yourself so at the end of the season when Dallas wins the East we can hold them accountable.

What does this have to do with winning the Least...I mean East?
So if anyone believes we made a mistake by letting the AP Player of the year walk away while we have a poor running game then this person automatically believes we won't win the East? You can't be serious with this crap right?

And what is holding someone accountable even mean?
Should we hold everyone accountable for having opinions different than others for all topics?
I'll pray for you.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
After watching the Dallas / Seahawks game from last year, It is clear that we need Demarco Murray. I don't care if he did leave meat on the bones. They should have NEVER let him go! He brought a toughness to the game that none of the other backs on the team have.

Sorry for another DM thread!

Yah, you Murray guys continue to gloss over the cost of retaining Murray. And you also gloss over the fact that they replaced him with NO ONE. And to say, who cares about the cost is irresponsible. No question that Murray is way better than anyone we have now. Remains to be seen how good Michaels is, but he is no Murray I am assuming.

The biggest issue was that they didnt take anyone in the draft or sign anyone of quality to replace him. Had they done that, which they will do next year, then we wouldnt even be having this conversation.