I predict A Cooper won't want to resign with us in 2 years

KingRah

Reaction score
I saw his frustration today. He knows our offense won't give him 10 targets every week, plus Dak isn't accurate and of top of that, he's a coward. He won't throw it unless you have 10 yards of operation, (unless YOu're Gallup apparently).
Why would any elite receiver choose to play with Dak? I've seen Cooper open on at least 3 deep balls since coming to the cowboys and he was over thrown on every one. He was open a few times on slants and dak didn't have the confidence to throw it. Dam I miss aikman. He was the most accurate passer ever.
You can't miss on deep tds. They don't happen that often in a game and you have to take advantage. Dak can't.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
This is a legit concern. They may be stuck paying him $14+M next season and losing him in 2020.

KingRah

Reaction score
This is a legit concern. They may be stuck paying him $14+M next season and losing him in 2020.
I m good at imagine how others think or feel. I profiled Cooper. He's clearly an introvert, but he's confident in his ability. He believes he's great. He won't be able to show it with Dak. I can see it. I KNOW he sees it. Dak kept throwing to Gallup in tight coverage. if you're going to throw to anyone in tight coverage, throw to Cooper. Did you see Cooper after his last catch saying feed m?

My profile of Dak is, he wants to be recognized as a guy that does it with any receiver. That's why they cut dez. That desire won't allow him to keep feeding Cooper the way Ben does AB or Ryan Does Julio. If he does, Cooper will get recognized. People will say he's doing it in spite of Dak. I think that's why he went to Gallup so much today. He was nt open the entire game, but Dak kept throw it to him.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I have to agree. Dak n this offense will ruin a WRs numbers and $. For Cooper's sake make Stephen present a QB that can throw to a WR1 instead of having AC for a decoy.

Right now, Cooper would commit career suicide staying.

KingRah

Reaction score
I have to agree. Dak n this offense will ruin a WRs numbers and $. For Cooper's sake make Stephen present a QB that can throw to a WR1 instead of having AC for a decoy.

Right now, Cooper would commit career suicide staying.
That’s what I think about every game. Cooper will be a high priced decoy with dak. People forget that players had dreams. They dream of the hall of fame as well as rings. The only wr in this situation to ever have monster numbers was Irvin. His targets were done what limited, but he had Aikman throwing. If he gets 9 targets, he’ll catch 7 or 8 because Aikman was super accurate on top of having a big arm. Mike got 1 or 2 catches when he want open because of Aikman. Come one that with his great routes, great hands, and intelligence, and you had a top 4 w r all time. He would’ve had rice numbers in s pass first offense. Coopers routes are better, but he doesn’t have mikes hands and catch radius. He’s like Marvin.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
've seen Cooper open on at least 3 deep balls since coming to the cowboys and he was over thrown on every one. He was open a few times on slants and dak didn't have the confidence to throw it. Dam I miss aikman. He was the most accurate passer ever.

Oh I get it, dude gets here and in 2 weeks you expect Dak to hit him on every long throw and have instant confidence, and timing, on slants.

That's totally unrealistic. Did Aikman hit Irvin on all long throws and slants in 1989? Hardly.

And as far as Aikman's accuracy, his career completion percentage is 61.5, and he had 6 years with a percentage under 60%. Aikman was more accurate on long throws but overall he's not the "most accurate passer ever".

I'm a big Aikman fan, but his accuracy accolades are pretty subjective...

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I saw his frustration today. He knows our offense won't give him 10 targets every week, plus Dak isn't accurate and of top of that, he's a coward. He won't throw it unless you have 10 yards of operation, (unless YOu're Gallup apparently).
Why would any elite receiver choose to play with Dak? I've seen Cooper open on at least 3 deep balls since coming to the cowboys and he was over thrown on every one. He was open a few times on slants and dak didn't have the confidence to throw it. Dam I miss aikman. He was the most accurate passer ever.
You can't miss on deep tds. They don't happen that often in a game and you have to take advantage. Dak can't.
This whole thread is bs. I saw Dak hit several routes in last weeks game while the receiver had close coverage.

Me thinks it's time to get a job so you won't have time to make up what is called "thread bogus".

Hardline

Reaction score
He would be a fool to sign a contract extension. I would want to test the free market. And get signed to a team with a franchise QB.
Dallas would only be my fallback option.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
People don't plan to fail they fail to plan.

And if Dallas wins the SB this year he'll still want to leave? Or Dak and Cooper develop a great chemistry?

Not saying that will happen, just that it's way too early to say Cooper won't want to stay, a lot can happen by 2020..