I propose we flash mob the first game in protest

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you are going to go through all that trouble and expense to buy tickets and not go to the game. a game meant for entertainment, then wouldn't your money be better spent on things you actually enjoy. Like say another NFL team there are 31 others to choose from
That makes perfect sense, but some are true fans who wish to invoke change from within the franchise. There's absolutely nothing wrong with desiring such a thing. The problem is some wish to promote change through impractical means.

Economic boycotts are most commonly suggested. Of course, boycotts must be highly organized to impact the financial bottom line. Billboards have been and will always be a joke on their creators. Pickets outside a stadium are a great idea, but require numbers a la high organization along with consistent participation to be remotely effective. Etc., etc.

While the right plan might take creative thinking, the tactical approach is fairly simple: get the message seen during every football broadcast. The networks would find it impossible to ignore broadcasting controversial imagery seen from inside the stadium. An added plus is that full participation of fans in attendance is unnecessary. One simply needs enough bodies scattered throughout the stadium promoting the same message. Camera teams scan the seats all game long. Bingo. Part 1 of the mission accomplishment. Part 2 is doing the same during every home game. The message will blossom from there and grow to a point which Jones must address in some form or fashion.

What he would eventually do is debatable. The possibility exists that nothing would happen. Yet the odds are greater that such a course of action would prod him enough to do something, which is a lot more than what some think he will do using other methods.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Good Luck to ya.

I will be inside reading the program.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That makes perfect sense, but some are true fans who wish to invoke change from within the franchise. There's absolutely nothing wrong with desiring such a thing. The problem is some wish to promote change through impractical means.

Economic boycotts are most commonly suggested. Of course, boycotts must be highly organized to impact the financial bottom line. Billboards have been and will always be a joke on their creators. Pickets outside a stadium are a great idea, but require numbers a la high organization along with consistent participation to be remotely effective. Etc., etc.

While the right plan might take creative thinking, the tactical approach is fairly simple: get the message seen during every football broadcast. The networks would find it impossible to ignore broadcasting controversial imagery seen from inside the stadium. An added plus is that full participation of fans in attendance is unnecessary. One simply needs enough bodies scattered throughout the stadium promoting the same message. Camera teams scan the seats all game long. Bingo. Part 1 of the mission accomplishment. Part 2 is doing the same during every home game. The message will blossom from there and grow to a point which Jones must address in some form or fashion.

What he would eventually do is debatable. The possibility exists that nothing would happen. Yet the odds are greater that such a course of action would prod him enough to do something, which is a lot more than what some think he will do using other methods.

If I'm not enjoying something then I sure as hell do not spend my hard earned money on it. This boycott crap is rediculas don't watch them do not spend a second on it if all people are going to do it makes this lame claims each year then do nothing then it all becomes is one big joke. Reality is Cowboy fans will go to the games that is fact and people will tune in a handful of you will complain and that is it. Same crap every year.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
No "protest" will work better than refusing to buy tickets. Enough people do that, Jerry will listen. Local TV ratings are already on the decline. If the team continues the downward trend, it's just a matter of time until enough people stop going to the games. Of course, you season ticket holders with your 30 year PSLs are screwed.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
You go on with that idea of yours and see who will wind up being embarrassed when Jerry is still selling tickets.

No seriously...go on.

these guys never realize. We pay for our seats by april 1. We pay our seat licenses by march 1st.

In no way in a million years will the people who attend these games ever be part of any kind of boycott, walk out, Flash mob(really?) or anything of the sort. This is in most cases wealthy people who live by the corporate structure of everything, they would never participate in some sort of anti-establishment, anti owner show of force. Never.

The best we will get is what we got in 2012, jerry being boo'd on the video board against the giants and they never showed him again, they made certain he was never on there again all season.

what happened in the offseason, he took complete control and hired and fired then pulled the draft day war room stuff.

he is going to do whatever he wants no matter what.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
No "protest" will work better than refusing to buy tickets. Enough people do that, Jerry will listen. Local TV ratings are already on the decline. If the team continues the downward trend, it's just a matter of time until enough people stop going to the games. Of course, you season ticket holders with your 30 year PSLs are screwed.

that's a fairy tale. Its all season tickets.

We either have them or we don't. We can just not have them one year and then have them the next.

It kind of makes you think they set it up that way which obviously they did.

The tickets will always be sold and paid for months before the games and a month before the draft.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All the fans going to the first game at AT&T stadium should flash mob protest and go to stadium but NOT go inside!

It would get more attention if you committed Hari Kari (Seppuku) at the Stadium in protest.

You could:
Climb into the rafters and do a swan dive to the field. (Please do it at the end of a game such that the game is not delayed, Thanks!).

Go the route of the Tibetan Monks and perform a Self Immolation.

Step in front of the team bus.

Get caught stealing Jerry's booze.

If the Stadium top is open, you could skydive onto the field with no parachute (again, please wait until the game is over).

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
It would get more attention if you committed Hari Kari (Seppuku) at the Stadium in protest.

You could:
Climb into the rafters and do a swan dive to the field. (Please do it at the end of a game such that the game is not delayed, Thanks!).

Go the route of the Tibetan Monks and perform a Self Immolation.

Step in front of the team bus.

Get caught stealing Jerry's booze.

If the Stadium top is open, you could skydive onto the field with no parachute (again, please wait until the game is over).

Please!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
All the fans going to the first game at AT&T stadium should flash mob protest and go to stadium but NOT go inside!

I reccollect that thowing stones across the road is symbolic of something but am not sure. I will reserch it and get back.
but some questions as to the flash mob:
!. Should we wear the same color clothing?
2. Who will half the bullhorn? I would like that duty
3. There are some gals from the alternative school in Farmers Branch (we half lots of alternative schools) who could sing "Give cheese a chance." They sing pretty and long because they'd rather be at the parking lot than at school.
4. We will need a food line and porta-potties. Who will provide?
5. and a city permit

OK, holla and send me answers.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If one wants to buy my tickets and then not use them, go ahead. Then I can use that money to pay for my next years tickets.

If not, then I will be inside watching and cheering, and being loud for my favorite team. The team I been rooting for since I was born [but became aware around age 8 in 1967].

The team I root for no matter what. If I agree with the current regime or not, I'm rooting for them, not boycotting them.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I look like crap in spandex. And with a sweatshirt hanging off my shoulder. And I damn sure can't jump into the air and tumble, unless drunk and it is not planned.

Oh wait....

Flash mob, not Flash Dance.

Nevermind.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Tony "Winning or losing a football game isn't going to determine my life" Romo and Jerry "Can I be a Football guy" Jones .... are the perfect match.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Tony "Winning or losing a football game isn't going to determine my life" Romo and Jerry "Can I be a Football guy" Jones .... are the perfect match.

when your father has cancer see if it changes your perspective in the moment. that is why he made that statement.

but carry on.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Actually, he will be embarrassed I believe. The story will be an empty stadium on game day.

If we could actually pull that off, then yeah, it would have a huge effect. But if I pay what I'd have to pay for the tickets, I'm going in.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting that viewership in the Dallas area has gone down.

Don't think it's gone down significantly.. It's down from 2011, but the past few years they've averaged a 29 rating which is about 750,000 homes from approx 900k+ homes. When you put out a mediocre product, people don't watch. That said, they're still the kings of DFW.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Don't think it's gone down significantly.. It's down from 2011, but the past few years they've averaged a 29 rating which is about 750,000 homes from approx 900k+ homes. When you put out a mediocre product, people don't watch. That said, they're still the kings of DFW.

Woody'sGirl, have any idea how they might factor in DVR's? Use to the Neison REatings were viewers who filled out a chart for a week on everything they watched. Not certain it's still done that way.

But i know there are a great many times I wait until the game is over before watching. I'd rather speed through the commercials.

So essentially someone could watch two events at the same time, although it would be later.

Any idea?