I really don't understand a lot of you about Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
The Eagles did it with Wentz. It was done with Geoff with benefited both sides (Change of scenery) A lot of teams have benefited from not holding onto a QB that doesn't produce recently.
The person you quoted needs to go see the wizard and ask for some courage. Heck the vast majority of these Dak bots need to. I won’t let go of average qb because we “might” not find better. People think I’m joking but I know this mentality bleeds into their personal lives too not even trying to be funny. Ole she is bad for me but I can find better types.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
how? you listed a team stat...name one good player on our team from the last 28 years then? you cant..name ONE SB winning player..now name the players who have creds for the regular season..I'l give you a hint..Dak leads this by alot..
*cough*.. I would change the "28 years" bit.. coz I can think of one straight off the bat

Philmonroe

Reaction score
never said Dak wasn't A probelm thats the point with you "Dak sucks Boys" im saying its funny the singular focus you guys get after 28 years of ...trash but Dak aint been here 28 years. All im saying is make a case for how Dak is the singular problem here..maybe you can enlighten me..
This is disingenuous emotional bad faith bs from this character right here. How many posters have said Wak is the singular problem? Smh Y’all Dak worshippers truly need to stop with the bogus strawmans.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The person you quoted needs to go see the wizard and ask for some courage. Heck the vast majority of these Dak bots need to. I won’t let go of average qb because we “might” not find better. People think I’m joking but I know this mentality bleeds into their personal lives too not even trying to be funny. Ole she is bad for me but I can find better types.
Dak bots..lol they still make you? *** change the name of the QB show me the money after that..Dak Bots, Stans or lovers,,its funny 28 years dumbarss whats the next "Bot" name?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I would actually pay them 2, or 3k to show up at the nearest boxing or mma gym closest to their home and see if they could keep the same energy in person that they have on the internet.

It's hilarious how different and humble internet trolls are in person.
I goto mine 5/6 times a week. You don’t have to pay me Billy bad A. I’m down if you’re close to Philly and I’ll keep “the same energy” whatever that means to you. I’ve been doing that part for years so I’ll take you up on your offer for free

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Dak bots..lol they still make you? *** change the name of the QB show me the money after that..Dak Bots, Stans or lovers,,it’s funny 28 years dumbarss whats the next "Bot" name?
Can’t refute what I said old man so post some babble I see. Ok I guess

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I said get a vet and draft a QB and have a 3 way battle next summer. If it doesn't work out bring in more. Keep trying. The Cowboys NEVER do.

They will just run it back with Mr. Overpaid who can't win when it counts. Yay.
The vet you bring in may not be a proven QB as in a proven winner. If you bring in, let’s say a Sam Darnell, he certainly hasn’t proven anything. You said if it doesn’t work, you keep bringing in more and keep trying, which means you could be stuck playing musical chairs every season trying to find an answer. This is what happened to the Cowboys in the early 2000s. They went through a bevy of QBs, trying because they left themselves without a proven QB. When Aikman was released, they had nothing viable behind him and it led to 5 years of misery. Jerry called Romo a miracle. It was a relief to finally find a solid QB that gave us hope.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Nah your like the rest of the the "we are a QB away" football challenged.. tell me where actually has Dak failed at the position that isn't a team stat? I'll give you a hint 28 years of loss in the playoffs doesnt qualify..hey after that we can discuss your favorite player and all his playoff wins..fair?
We can always discuss my favorite player. It ain’t Romo so you’ll lose that one off top. It’s Aikman and if you want to say Dak is better than Aikman be my guest. I’ve also never said we are a qb away. Never just know Dak ain’t it and when you’re getting what he does he can’t be just Kirk Cousins level sue me.

plymkr

Reaction score
It's such a stupid argument to claim that you are going to pause any debate and attempt to improve because you are afraid of failure and all the while the talent you have on hand is failing.
What I don’t get is we won’t make a change due to fear of failure. But we’ve been failing for 28 years. So my question is: Are we content with failure?

If we extend to Dak to a contract for 60 million APY I will be convinced we’re content with failure. Reason being Dak needs a strong team around him and his salary would make the team weaker. So we would be extending our failure by 3-5 more years.

MistyAnn

Reaction score
Garrett's-era-went-on-far-too-long-without-results.
Dak's-era-has-also-hit-it's-ceiling.
When-we-didn't-beat-Philly-to-make-the-playoffs-in-2019-we-knew-Dak-was-not-capable-of-charging-an-offence-when-required.
It-now-bores-me-to-watch-a-Dak-led-offence.
Garrett-proved-his-metle-in-2014-but-sadly-just-shy-of-the-Championship-game.
Dak-poses-no-Danger-to-opposing-Defences.
No-Danger.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Ok cool. Since Dak was expected to come up big and win that first 49ers playoff game..... and again Dak isn't elite

With that said, give me the names of any quarterback in NFL history who played against the number one rated defense in the playoffs and beat that same number one defense led team after said quarterback's team committed 14 or 15 penalties.....

I don't believe I've seen that done before, but I could be wrong.

So if NO other quarterbacks elite or otherwise were able to come up big vs a number one defense and 14, or 15 penalties...... why is Dak the only one expected to??

Please make that make sense.

You make other great points in the rest of your post, but the one I highlighted just doesn't add up.
Yes there were penalties, and yes it's not all Daks fault. However in that instance and despite the 14/15 penalties he was still in a position (two drives) to win the game and on his watch/arm/management it failed.
In isolation you can say, that happens, but, the near same game ending scenario happened again the following year, so the focus shifts to why ..... this years performance vrs GB again indicated a lack of performance under pressure (indeed when the game was lost, and pressure was off, his performance improved).
Im not saying it's all Dak's fault, but he's not the solution.
The question back to you would be, how can he perform in regular season and then as soon as he hits a problem, in the play-offs does he appear to hide?

GINeric

Reaction score
Yes there were penalties, and yes it's not all Daks fault. However in that instance and despite the 14/15 penalties he was still in a position (two drives) to win the game and on his watch/arm/management it failed.
In isolation you can say, that happens, but, the near same game ending scenario happened again the following year, so the focus shifts to why ..... this years performance vrs GB again indicated a lack of performance under pressure (indeed when the game was lost, and pressure was off, his performance improved).
Im not saying it's all Dak's fault, but he's not the solution.
The question back to you would be, how can he perform in regular season and then as soon as he hits a problem, in the play-offs does he appear to hide?

Damn good post and great question at the end.

To answer the question, he does in fact disappear and trying to figure that out is like trying to figure out the Bermuda Triangle.

I also don't believe Dak is the answer at this point, however.... I am still curious what he'd be able to do with an above average running game at THIS point in his career. To his credit, he played great this year. Good enough to make second team All Pro and talked about in the MVP race. I would like to have seen what he could have done with a good run game to go with his production this year.

I would like to seek a quarterback change at this point, but what is there available to replace him with? Lance is not ready, Rush can barely throw for over 100 yards consistently..... man I just don't know where to go from here.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Damn good post and great question at the end.

To answer the question, he does in fact disappear and trying to figure that out is like trying to figure out the Bermuda Triangle.

I also don't believe Dak is the answer at this point, however.... I am still curious what he'd be able to do with an above average running game at THIS point in his career. To his credit, he played great this year. Good enough to make second team All Pro and talked about in the MVP race. I would like to have seen what he could have done with a good run game to go with his production this year.

I would like to seek a quarterback change at this point, but what is there available to replace him with? Lance is not ready, Rush can barely throw for over 100 yards consistently..... man I just don't know where to go from here.
This is strange....a near convergence of views on a fan forum.
Agree with the running game, as DC's must realize (as Jimmie Ward said after SF loss no.1)....they took the running game away from us a tested Dak to see whether he could beat them.
Agree, that Dak played really well in the regular season, but even then the issues I'm outlining were there (capitulation in SF and Buffalo), inability to win out games from behind.
As for alternatives, Lance may well be an alternative, who predicted Dak would be able to step up in 2016. Maybe a lesser/rookie QB with a decent O/Line and improved running game would work.
Again it's not about Dak's abilities, it's his continued inabilities to use his talent when under pressure. The other query is why do: Dez, Amari and CeeDee all end up at odds/ 'dispute' with Dak?

GINeric

Reaction score
This is strange....a near convergence of views on a fan forum.
Agree with the running game, as DC's must realize (as Jimmie Ward said after SF loss no.1)....they took the running game away from us a tested Dak to see whether he could beat them.
Agree, that Dak played really well in the regular season, but even then the issues I'm outlining were there (capitulation in SF and Buffalo), inability to win out games from behind.
As for alternatives, Lance may well be an alternative, who predicted Dak would be able to step up in 2016. Maybe a lesser/rookie QB with a decent O/Line and improved running game would work.
Again it's not about Dak's abilities, it's his continued inabilities to use his talent when under pressure. The other query is why do: Dez, Amari and CeeDee all end up at odds/ 'dispute' with Dak?

The next time we draft a quarterback, we need to draft a guy who's played at a big time program who's played under the biggest and brightest lights.

They have to be built for the expectations placed on this franchise from a media and public standpoint. They have to be used to the lights and the noise coming in.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The defense held SF to 19 points in last season's playoff, even with Dak handing them a score on a short field pick. All he could put up was 12.
They would rather keep beating the drum of "It's not Dak's fault." 3 playoff games over the last 3 seasons, all he had to do was take care of the ball and not turn it over in the game. Couldn't do it. Not really sure how in year 9 he's supposed to suddenly change and become a better reader of defense and take care of the ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.