I really don't understand a lot of you about Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Yay big win for Dak!!!!! Wait, the Bucs had a losing record? And still made the playoffs? And got outscored by 45 points that year? And their home record was only 5-4? And ended the season with a 2-3 record then 2-4 after the Cowboys loss?

When you look at the details it kind of takes away from Dak's "big win" doesn't it. The fact is that team didn't even deserve to be in the playoffs and we talked about that all week leading up to that game in here.

At least Dak followed up that gimme game with another big game the next week, right? Oh wait...........
that was the super bowl for the dak lovers, kind of like when Rush finally lost a game.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
With the plans some of you have the Cowboys could be bleeding out for years trying to find a trying to find a viable QB. All QBs need talent around them to succeed.
There is a difference between the Campo years and now, in that back then in that the talent level all around was bad. What many people on here believe is you can be mediocre with a lesser quarterback than Dak and still get to the playoffs and be one and done with the talent level that has surrounded Dak. Many teams have replaced their quarterbacks and came back to being competitive in recent years. There is less of rebuilding phases where when a team was good and then has to rebuild the whole team, these days, than there were back in previous generations. Yes, Jones being the GM, doesn't exactly inspire confidence, but the different points of view on here is, some people see Dak as the MVP, while others think he is good, but also has been helped by the talent that surrounds him. For example Amari Cooper rejuvenating Dak's career after it was in a downward spiral, someone who has called him insultingly the Black Kirk Cousins. Another Decade of mediocrity, just to extend someone who has the worst playoff win ratio just doesn't seem worthwhile. If you going to say, he needs help, then how are we going to surround him with talent when his contract won't allow it?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I’m not starting with my QB until I’m absolutely sure he’s not the answer and I have someone equal or better to replace him with.
The Eagles did it with Wentz. It was done with Geoff with benefited both sides (Change of scenery) A lot of teams have benefited from not holding onto a QB that doesn't produce recently.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I lived through that Era and I will still take the unknown to the known of Dak. Sorry he is a choker that will never get it done. Stop wasting time on him.
A true leader of champions elevate their teammates. Does Dak do that? I think not. He has had his chances and failed. Time to move on but we won't at this time.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
A true leader of champions elevate their teammates. Does Dak do that? I think not. He has had his chances and failed. Time to move on but we won't at this time.
A true leader is not part of the problem for the majority of playoff games he lost. You can't lead, when those you lead know you're part of the problem.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak's been bad at the big game before we had a CeeDee or Micah. Yes, you're right, they're the problems, not Dak...
never said Dak wasn't A probelm thats the point with you "Dak sucks Boys" im saying its funny the singular focus you guys get after 28 years of ...trash but Dak aint been here 28 years. All im saying is make a case for how Dak is the singular problem here..maybe you can enlighten me..

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
never said Dak wasn't A probelm thats the point with you "Dak sucks Boys" im saying its funny the singular focus you guys get after 28 years of ...trash but Dak aint been here 28 years. All im saying is make a case for how Dak is the singular problem here..maybe you can enlighten me..
I'm not one who says that Dak is the only problem. Heck, I would've flip flopped on the QB poll if Dak would've continued doing good after the Eagles win. I've been someone who overrated him before, thinking he could be better than Romo, maybe be on the level of Big Ben. It was around 2017 I think when chatter about some of Daks flaws first started coming out from opposing defenses and 2018 was a horrible year. I've been on the side that you shouldn't pay a good quarterback like he's elite, and knew that his contract would come back to hunt us, the worst bit of it being the no trade clause. Dak is a lot better than his most hardened haters think, but the biggest supporters claims that he is a top 5 guy and elite are even more absurd. But the point is, we can't afford to pay him $60 mil a year. Why recreate the situation we had after Aikman, where we would have to rebuild the entire team afterwards, for a quarterback who doesn't kick it into gear in the playoffs and leads by example. Dak is not going to take a paycut, and the next contract will mortgage our future for years to come.

GINeric

Reaction score
A bunch of lil guys, huh? Don't you wish you could just go beat em up?

I would actually pay them 2, or 3k to show up at the nearest boxing or mma gym closest to their home and see if they could keep the same energy in person that they have on the internet.

It's hilarious how different and humble internet trolls are in person.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Eagles did it with Wentz. It was done with Geoff with benefited both sides (Change of scenery) A lot of teams have benefited from not holding onto a QB that doesn't produce recently.
Philly got rid of Wentz and replaced him with Hurts who provided the team a spark. They didn’t move on then start looking for another QB. The Rams moved on from Goff and swapped him for Stafford, a proven QB. They didn’t move on and then start looking for another QB.

GINeric

Reaction score
How many penalties are committed by QB's?

I think maybe delay of game.

Exactly.... and we didn't commit 14, 15 delay of game penalties. Hell, we have led the NFL in penalties the last 3 or 4 seasons.

How many teams can win like that if they're beating themselves with penalties year after year?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'm not one who says that Dak is the only problem. Heck, I would've flip flopped on the QB poll if Dak would've continued doing good after the Eagles win. I've been someone who overrated him before, thinking he could be better than Romo, maybe be on the level of Big Ben. It was around 2017 I think when chatter about some of Daks flaws first started coming out from opposing defenses and 2018 was a horrible year. I've been on the side that you shouldn't pay a good quarterback like he's elite, and knew that his contract would come back to hunt us, the worst bit of it being the no trade clause. Dak is a lot better than his most hardened haters think, but the biggest supporters claims that he is a top 5 guy and elite are even more absurd. But the point is, we can't afford to pay him $60 mil a year. Why recreate the situation we had after Aikman, where we would have to rebuild the entire team afterwards, for a quarterback who doesn't kick it into gear in the playoffs and leads by example. Dak is not going to take a paycut, and the next contract will mortgage our future for years to come.
Ok 2 things im open to hearing how he doesnt compare to other QB's IF AND ONLY IF you have none team stats to prove it.. you dont..second and heres the big one..show me the HC/QB that could overcome Jerry's "Its my way now"...you cant..literally Dak/Romo are were Very good QB's seriously you dont get lucky for that long its asinine to say " well yeah 200 games they were good but what about those 10 games" it makes you look dumb.. sorry it does..they are/were great QB's..your Jerry team "cant win in the playoffs" dont discount that..Prove me wrong with facts that are not team stats...What you got career comp% TD's INT/TD ratio show me what you got...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There is a difference between the Campo years and now, in that back then in that the talent level all around was bad. What many people on here believe is you can be mediocre with a lesser quarterback than Dak and still get to the playoffs and be one and done with the talent level that has surrounded Dak. Many teams have replaced their quarterbacks and came back to being competitive in recent years. There is less of rebuilding phases where when a team was good and then has to rebuild the whole team, these days, than there were back in previous generations. Yes, Jones being the GM, doesn't exactly inspire confidence, but the different points of view on here is, some people see Dak as the MVP, while others think he is good, but also has been helped by the talent that surrounds him. For example Amari Cooper rejuvenating Dak's career after it was in a downward spiral, someone who has called him insultingly the Black Kirk Cousins. Another Decade of mediocrity, just to extend someone who has the worst playoff win ratio just doesn't seem worthwhile. If you going to say, he needs help, then how are we going to surround him with talent when his contract won't allow it?
This is becoming way too time-consuming. We don’t agree and nothing will change that.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This is becoming way too time-consuming. We don’t agree and nothing will change that.
its because they got nothing we have had 2 very good QB's for years.. our "Fan base" is dumb it aint the QB man..both Romo and Dak would've done just fine on any 70's or 90's team..but you know..hey Im dumb at football its the QB's fault...

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Philly got rid of Wentz and replaced him with Hurts who provided the team a spark. They didn’t move on then start looking for another QB. The Rams moved on from Goff and swapped him for Stafford, a proven QB. They didn’t move on and then start looking for another QB.
Well obviously, the team would have to plan to replace him. But it all comes down to his future contract hurting us more than he is worthwhile in the end. The cons outweighing the pros.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
its because they got nothing we have had 2 very good QB's for years.. our "Fan base" is dumb it aint the QB man..both Romo and Dak would've done just fine on any 70's or 90's team..but you know..hey Im dumb at football its the QB's fault...
That's what you get for assuming people stances without looking into their past posts. Who's the guy that can be quoted as saying "The talent is not the problem in Dallas and saying in the end it is on Jerrah?" Completions would be a lot harder for Dak to make in the 90's and 70's, since the game was a lot more friendly to CB than it is today. Receivers used to get punished for instance if you threw it across the middle, whereas today they don't get murdered like that, so the percentages are up.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
That's what you get for assuming people stances without looking into their past posts. Who's the guy that can be quoted as saying "The talent is not the problem in Dallas and saying in the end it is on Jerrah?" Completions would be a lot harder for Dak to make in the 90's and 70's, since the game was a lot more friendly to CB than it is today. Receivers used to get punished for instance if you threw it across the middle, whereas today they don't get murdered like that, so the percentages are up.
Again you got nothing.. in todays NFL he is in the top % of completions those guys were not...yeah so he falls down with the old rules back to what..Troy and Roger %..you got nothing because you'll whole argument is "he cant win with Jerry's team"..well guess what neither could Troy he retired instead of beating his head against a wall..SHOW ME HOW HE COMPARES TO THE CURRENT RULE QB"S AND WHERE HE LACKS IN ACTUAL POSITION STATS or just keep saying the same dumb stuff...

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'll buy him a cake at Krogers tomorrow.
yeah but again you cant show me how he is worse than other QB's at the position he plays.. you can show me how he like Romo cant overcome Jerry..you cant show me one thing about the actual position stats he sucks at.. you cant..but yeah he..Romo and Troy cant overcome the "Its my way now" jerry team you cant..you can stomp your feet, say its him but the position stats say otherwise..it aint the QB dude it aint the coach it aint the LB playing DE or the baby arss WR..its Jerry but hey if it makes you feel better blame the QB...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’ll leave us playing ini mini miny moe at QB every few games trying to find an answer. That could go on for years.
Why every few games. I told you a specific plan for getting a couple QB's in here to compete with Lance.

Look at who we played with for the last 8 years. What has that gotten us? TV ratings. Merch sales. And of course, a ton of endorsements for #4.

Tell me, when does he start winning big games when it counts? In 8 years he has 1 playoff win against a team with a winning record and he has the worst winning percentage of any QB in history with 5 playoff starts.

What's worse, that could go on for years after he gets his stupid extension. The highest paid QB in the world? When's the parade?

Status
Not open for further replies.