I really like Chaz Green

CCBoy

Reaction score
That was one they were wrong on but I saluted the pick. However, Mel Kiper isn't copying from Ourlads who aren't copying from Scouts Inc. who don't copy from NFLDraftScouts who don't share information with Draft Insiders Digest and so on. That was a baseless comment to simply support the team.

You may not agree with their evaluations, though I suspect you'll simply rubber stamp the team's decisions rather than any honest evaluations of players, but to suggest these people don't really know the players after the first round and simply copy off each other because of it is laughable.

Fact - Amongst the various draft resources, Chaz Green was viewed as a 5th-6th round value. Sometimes they're wrong and the Cowboys are right. Most times they're right and the Cowboys are wrong.

Yea, that must be true...all the scouts in the field for a very long time, don't really have a finger on the pulse or 'real' knowledge of talent in a particular scheme. Go figure for sure...

AbeBeta

Reaction score
That was one they were wrong on but I saluted the pick. However, Mel Kiper isn't copying from Ourlads who aren't copying from Scouts Inc. who don't copy from NFLDraftScouts who don't share information with Draft Insiders Digest and so on. That was a baseless comment to simply support the team.

You may not agree with their evaluations, though I suspect you'll simply rubber stamp the team's decisions rather than any honest evaluations of players, but to suggest these people don't really know the players after the first round and simply copy off each other because of it is laughable.

Fact - Amongst the various draft resources, Chaz Green was viewed as a 5th-6th round value. Sometimes they're wrong and the Cowboys are right. Most times they're right and the Cowboys are wrong.

Baseless that these guys spend far less time on later round picks?

Hardly. No one evaluates them on if they miss on someone late. Everyone evaluates them if they miss on someone early. Just common sense there Starman.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I do feel like we have a reaching problem on our draft picks.

They think since they reached for Frederick and hit that it's ok to do it with anyone they feel like.

They didn't reach for Frederick. They traded down and took him where he was valued by the team.

Now, if you want to say that the team's draft board is off, that's fine, but it wasn't like they grabbed the player lower than they had him ranked.

What we don't know is if other teams had Frederick ranked in that range.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Baseless that these guys spend far less time on later round picks?

Hardly. No one evaluates them on if they miss on someone late. Everyone evaluates them if they miss on someone early. Just common sense there Starman.

Yes. Baseless. You made it up. I don't know how else to say it.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Yes. Baseless. You made it up. I don't know how else to say it.

So you have firm evidence that these sources spend as much time on late rounder as top guys. Right.

Me, I'm using logic. You, not so much.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you have firm evidence that these sources spend as much time on late rounder as top guys. Right.

Me, I'm using logic. You, not so much.

Do you have firm evidence that they don't?

This is nonsense. They all knew who Chaz Green was. Hence the writeup on the player with information you'd have to google. They didn't think he was higher than a 5th-6th round value. They can only make that determination by knowing how he relates to the class. There's your logic, bubba. To suggest these draft resources only know the early round guys and copy off each other is laughable xwalker BS.

You made a baseless comment hoping everyone was as inexperienced with the draft process as you apparently are. Oops.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

This is nonsense. They all knew who Chaz Green was. Hence the writeup on the player with information you'd have to google. They didn't think he was higher than a 5th-6th round value. They can only make that determination by knowing how he relates to the class. There's your logic, bubba. To suggest these draft resources only know the early round guys and copy off each other is laughable xwalker BS.

You made a baseless comment hoping everyone was as inexperienced with the draft process as you apparently are. Oops.

You have no evidence that they do evaluate everyone with the same scrutiny.

Yet you act like your claims have basis?

Genius logic there.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Having read a whole lot of scouting reports over the years, I have seen the phenomenon of groupthink in later round draft picks by the cottage industry. Some are better than others but to say it doesn't happen at all is RisenStar BS.

Is that last sentence for real? Trying to big time like you know something more than the next guy around here is entertaining I guess. When all you have to rest on is your self proclaimed reputation it says something different than what you are hoping for.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have no evidence that they do evaluate everyone with the same scrutiny.

Yet you act like your claims have basis?

Genius logic there.

I have evidence by their breakdown of the players. By their talk of the players in the months leading up to the draft. I can assure you Mel Kiper knew who Chaz Green was. He'd regurgitate his career bio at the mention of his name.

Is this a serious discussion? That draft resources only know the early round players?

CCBoy

Reaction score
I have evidence by their breakdown of the players. By their talk of the players in the months leading up to the draft. I can assure you Mel Kiper knew who Chaz Green was. He'd regurgitate his career bio at the mention of his name.

Is this a serious discussion? That draft resources only know the early round players?

Oh yes, and I have a rabbit leg from the Mad Hatter in Alice and Wonderland, documented of course...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I hope Green is healthy and can compete for the starting job. I would still like to explore a swing tackle in the mid-rounds.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The Cowboys certainly hope he improves during the course of next year. I think they view him
as the eventual replacement for Free but, he will have to really improve to dislodge him for a
starting gig.

I think if he shows up with a pulse the starting gig is his. Doug Free is that awful.:rolleyes:

Fredd

Reaction score
pffft, take Stanley from ND with the #4 pick and the OLine is set for a decade (waits for the obligatory shots to be taken) :D

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
If he stays healthy and that's a BIG "if", he will threaten Free's job soon.