I Really Sickened by Jerry's Nepotism and as a GM

rambo2

Reaction score
In all seriousness, though I absolutely LOATHE everything about that family. My best friend works for the Cowboys, has driven Stephen and/or his wife around, so I've learned a lot of things about them that the general public doesn't know. They're not good people, despite their public perception.
Why does your best friend work for them if they are so bad?

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
@timb2 just give us your way too early mock for 2024 with about 10 players that not even I have heard of.
Well he had Dwayne McBride in the 3rd and Zay Bolden in the 4th in this years mock so I wouldn't hold my breath. Both were chose after the "midget kid" in the 7th round.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I'm sickened by people who don't realize nobody cares what they are sickened by. Does that mean I sicken myself?

rambo2

Reaction score
There are many companies run by pieces of ****, but that doesn't necessarily mean the company is bad to work for.
It certainly isn't bad to work for the Jones family and they aren't bad people. A lot of their employees like them.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In all seriousness, though I absolutely LOATHE everything about that family. My best friend works for the Cowboys, has driven Stephen and/or his wife around, so I've learned a lot of things about them that the general public doesn't know. They're not good people, despite their public perception.
What did they do to your friend?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I don't know. I ran across some of the Jones clan near campus, and they seem like decent people to me.

Big_D

Reaction score
Where was this tenacity during the Garrett years? lol This is actually a dam good team right now. Probably the best overall roster we've seen since the glory days.

rambo2

Reaction score
Where was this tenacity during the Garrett years? lol This is actually a dam good team right now. Probably the best overall roster we've seen since the glory days.
It certainly is. It reminds me of what happened in the 90's.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Just when we are on the verge of Greatness,Jefinds a way to foul it all up.

From firing Tom Landry to firing Jimmie Johnson to letting Parcells walk. His kids all involved in the organization. To Tony Romo becoming his nephew and keep Romo and his BFF past their prime to now we draft a draft executive's midget kid. I give up until Jerry goes the way of AL
Did narrative about HoofDid narrative about Who fired Who firedLandry Is A debate long Argued. As well as Johnson. I have argued my side But I Weary and tire.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'm sure they did after the one interaction with them that you had.
Not even an interaction. More like an observation. I don't pester people who are more well-known unless I know them. or happen to meet them another way other than approaching them randomly. I understand Parsons is in town, too. If I see him, I won't even say anything to him because I find being starstruck pathetic. I've seen people approaching celebs and it's kinda sad in a way. At the end of the day, he's just a guy. I'm not sure why some are in Austin, but it could be because they're already tired of being approached by every dipstick they encounter. I'm a huge fan, but like I was saying, I'm more of an observer, from the outside, rather than someone who forces a fanatical interaction.

Anyway, what you're insinuating is that their driver knows says they are bad people. But if people judged me by how I am in my car vs my life, relationships, interactions, they'd definitely see the worst side of me, as opposed to my more virtuous side. I'm able to admit that. Some people's egos won't allow them to. That keeps them ignent.

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
i like the deuce draft pick.
helluva player at k-st.
ran for alot of yards and td's at k-state.
i'm excited to see what he can do at this level.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Tim2's posts and analyses. I think he had Mazi higher than most people here. At first, I had Mazi in the first round. But then I was talked out of it as the draft went on. But I get enamored with guys who aren't obvious. Like Fehoko, although he ultimiately sipped my mind. I also liked Felix Anudike-Uzomah, and I think he was off the board by round 2 or the Cowboys wouldn't have minded taking him, I presume. If Anudike Uzomah wasn't in the convo for 53, I'd be personally upset about that. :)

I also like Captain Jack Campbell, who' I'll bet plays in the NFL for a long time. Unless, of course, injuries derail him. He's got way more potential than most on this board gave him credit for. But there were a few who really like him as well. He was hit or miss. Another one was Sam Laporta. But Can honestly say when I looked at Schoonmaker versus LaPorta, I hesitated as far as who translates to being a better player. They're almost the same player, cept I say Schoonmaker looks to have a slightly stronger core, as a player. He just needs to be a gym rat and stay conditioned for long-distance and he'll be aight, I think.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Not even an interaction. More like an observation. I don't pester people who are more well-known unless I know them. I understand Parsons is in town, too. If I see him, I won't even say anything to him because I find being starstruck pathetic. At the end of the day, he's just a guy. I'm not sure why some are in Austin, but it could be because they're already tired of being approached by every dipstick they encounter.
I'm right there with you. Darryl 'Moose' Johnston sat right behind me at my nephew's LAX game at Jesuit. Like, his knee was about 8 inches from my back. I didn't say a single word to him because he was there watching his kid play. I didn't want to bother him.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
i like the deuce draft pick.
helluva player at k-st.
ran for alot of yards and td's at k-state.
i'm excited to see what he can do at this level.
I agree with this. And I think he makes us a more dynamic, unpredictable team.

I feel like the number 1 thing they are moving away from is predictability. They're approaching this draft with an entirely, unpredictable approach. And I think the Cowboys tried to do everything they could to stay unpredictable. The FO, and Jerry, and everyone, is giving away their overall strategy, their mission, their data. All the things that everyone works hard on to produce so it benefits the team, Jerry essentially gives it away because of his affinity for being on camera and promoting his business and the corporate sports networks.

They don't just want to beat you up in the middle with Zeke and Pollard; they want to be able to cut you in half, and slice and dice you 7, 8, 9 different ways. As far as weapons, I like this offensive lineup much better than last year, especially with a healthy Brandin Cooks, a healthy Tony Pollard, Ronald Johnson, who I think will surprise many as far as scheme fit. In my mind, your typical 1-2 is to begin the games with Pollard, like I've said we should do since last year.

From there, RoJo is your all-around type back, who has decent vision. The biggest different between him and Pacheco was Pacheco was more physical, as a rookie. But you can only play like that for so many years. And I just don't think he's that type of player, although he's physical enough, his style is more about efficiency, and he plays more like he wants to have a long career rather than burn out like Zeke. And if he can't get it done, you can go back to Pollard or rest Pollard with Vaughn.

Although here is my thing with Zeke. He didn't work out hard enough last year; he came in soft, and fat. If Zeke is to ever be good again, he's going to have to cut 15 lbs. If he does that, and, IMO, laid off the booze and drugs, he could bounce back, IMO. But it would take some serious effort. I'm not sure Zeke is ready for that, not with guys like Vaughn, Pollard, Rojo, Davis, Luepke on the roster. I've also always liked Malik Davis. Then again, a guy like Ollison was nice to have around, just in case. I felt like he never even had a chance in Dallas, because of Zeke.