I Really Sickened by Jerry's Nepotism and as a GM

timb2

Reaction score
To complain about Vaughn is ridiculous and to call him names is totally ignorant.
Deuce already got his new set of wheels from his contract

2f3b4d6c-37ec-4241-a7c4-0bd816bdbb12.53a88dcd2c51dc5304be0a9529865d7b.jpeg

Pass2Run

Reaction score
@timb2, are you sure you aren't experiencing some resentment about not getting Charbonnet? Or one of the bigger backs, like McBride? You know what I like about not going that route? Those backs, McBride and Charbonnet, are predictable. Vaughn's ability to be unpredictable opens opens up the possibilities of your entire offense, which allows you to do more things if you're creative enough about it . . . all because you're unpredictable, since you have the personnel to execute such a scheme.

I think only the shortest kinds of players would not understand why Vaughn adds another dynamic with the kind of shiftiness being 5'5'' gives you. I'm just saying. He can pull it off. I think guys like Charbonnet are great, if that's what you've got. Having the ability to utilize a player like Vaughn can be a weapon of mass demoralization. It may take some time, but I suepsect you'll warm up to this one. Give the guy 2 years, and let's see where he's at then.

Players like Zay Flowers, for instance, are able to use their lack of height to their advantage with cuts. I get he's a smaller target, but he adjusts rather well, and while he did have some turnovers, he also protects the ball pretty well.

Plus, we already had a back around that same teir. Charbonnet is pretty long in the tooth.

Last edited:

timb2

Reaction score
Well he had Dwayne McBride in the 3rd and Zay Bolden in the 4th in this years mock so I wouldn't hold my breath. Both were chose after the "midget kid" in the 7th round.
Yeah and I had Nashon Wright in the 7th round and Chauncy Golston as a UDFA and Cowboys picked both in the 3rd round. How is that turning out?

timb2

Reaction score
@timb2, are you sure you aren't experiencing some resentment about not getting Charbonet? Or one of the bigger backs, like McBride? You know what I like about not going that route? Those backs, McBride and Charbonet, are predictable. Vaughn's ability to be unpredictable opens opens up the possibilities of your entire offense, which allows you to do more things if you're creative enough about it . . . all because you're unpredictable, since you have the personnel to execute such a scheme.
He is too little!! A couple solid DTs landing on him or LBers body slamming and he will be toast.

timb2

Reaction score
@timb2, are you sure you aren't experiencing some resentment about not getting Charbonet? Or one of the bigger backs, like McBride? You know what I like about not going that route? Those backs, McBride and Charbonet, are predictable. Vaughn's ability to be unpredictable opens opens up the possibilities of your entire offense, which allows you to do more things if you're creative enough about it . . . all because you're unpredictable, since you have the personnel to execute such a scheme.
I really wanted Charbonnet or Abanikanda. I just mocked McBride as a 3rd option.

timb2

Reaction score
@timb2, are you sure you aren't experiencing some resentment about not getting Charbonnet? Or one of the bigger backs, like McBride? You know what I like about not going that route? Those backs, McBride and Charbonnet, are predictable. Vaughn's ability to be unpredictable opens opens up the possibilities of your entire offense, which allows you to do more things if you're creative enough about it . . . all because you're unpredictable, since you have the personnel to execute such a scheme.

I think only the shortest kinds of players would not understand why Vaughn adds another dynamic with the kind of shiftiness being 5'5'' gives you. I'm just saying. He can pull it off. I think guys like Charbonnet are great, if that's what you've got. Having the ability to utilize a player like Vaughn can be a weapon of mass demoralization. I may take some time, but I suepsect you'll warm up to this one. Give the guy 2 years, and let's see where he's at then.
This little Scrappy Doo crap just chaps me up.

timb2

Reaction score
I'm not one for these little twerps this " Little Train that Could" nonsense. Yes I'm a big goon in real life. Former Marine,been offer jobs to become a bouncer, big guy in the gym.I might not be the most handsome or sensitive type as pictured below.

Last edited:

rambo2

Reaction score
I'm not one for these little twerps this " Little Train that Could" nonsense. Yes I'm a big goon in real life. Former Marine,been offer jobs to become a bouncer, big guy in the gym.I might not be the most handsome or sensitive type as pictured below.

What is funny is Vaugn can whip your ***.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He is too little!! A couple solid DTs landing on him or LBers body slamming and he will be toast.
Not when you're well insulated with muscle. It's ligaments that break, bones, sometimes. But having shorter bones could be beneficial in some cases.

What I'm saying is, I think you're missing the point. We have backs that we can pound 'em to 3rd down, and punt if we don't convert guys.
You want guys that make you unpredictable. Tony Pollard is our clearcut starter. Behind him, there will be a competition, I suspect. I think Pollard is ready to take over approximately 60 percent of carries, I suspect Vaughn may play a role on 10-20 percent of plays, and lthe remainder distributed to one more back, which could be someone like Luepke. That way, you can run formations with Luepke and Pollard and Luepke could motion out to TE or WR, or Vaughn, Pollard, can also move around from FB, HB, H-back, etcetera.

I think this will be a whole different type of running attack. It takes an open-mind, but I think it's possible to see that Deuce can be a big player, despite his size. He understands how to utilize it to his advantage. And they weren't looking for a starter, because they have one. They will spend a higher pick if Tony doesn't come back, IMO. I think they wanted to spend their top-end draft resources on DT, and TE, our biggest needs. That's a different story next year.
Anyway, take it easy on the old guy. He made a wise decision when he happened into the right business, and has been personally blessed with privilege. Some of us have; some haven't. Given that, he's a pretty down to Earth guy, given his southern roots.

I don't know. I guess I'm looking for reasons to like him rather than to hate him. Just how I roll, since I'm not perfect either.

Big_D

Reaction score
We drafted a pygmy

We have a lot of speed on offense and I'm sure there will be some design plays to get him out in the open where he'll definitely be a weapon.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Vaughn is a good player and a great story, which I'm sure was a big part of the motivation for the Jones.

But counting on a well-below average size RB drafted in the 6th round to be an immediate contributor seems a liitle bit like a Kool-Aid overdose.

I would say to prepare yourself for spending a 6th round pick on John Stepehn Jones next year but he does not appear to be on anyone's roster.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Vaughn is a good player and a great story, which I'm sure was a big part of the motivation for the Jones.

But counting on a well-below average size RB drafted in the 6th round to be an immediate contributor seems a liitle bit like a Kool-Aid overdose.

I would say to prepare yourself for spending a 6th round pick on John Stepehn Jones next year but he does not appear to be on anyone's roster.
We wont just count on 1 guy. Like always, it will be a committee.