I rewatched the Rams game and Dak was not the issue

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That is not the point

Every single team has issues of the kind you are bringing up

A great QB finds a way to overcome those issues and get his team past the finish line

Dak needs every other facet to be perfect for the team to win
That ain’t happening in the NFL against the best teams in the playoffs

We have to come to terms with the fact that Dak is not that QB. He will not be THE REASON we won despite other deficiencies
I have a strong feeling you and all the haters who liked your post probably never played the game. If you did, you very likely weren't that good enough to understand the intricacies of understanding the game of football and every position that is played within it.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Wilson scored 3 points against the Ravens on Sunday Oct 20, 2019.
Brees scored 3 points against the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday Nov 10, 2019.
Aaron Rodgers did it....oh I'm sorry he actually scored 0 points in the 1st half of the 49ers game on Sunday Nov 24, 2019. Also did it against the Bears on Thursday Sep 5, 2019 and scored 0 points in the 1st half of the Chargers game....
MAhomes scored 3 points in the 2nd half of the Colts game on Sunday Oct 6, 2019.

:star:

Aaron Rodgers has a SB and an MVP. Russel Wilson has been to two super bowls, has an mvp. Mahomes won 3 straight playoff games in which his team was down in all. He's a SB champ and MVP. Lamar Jackson has an MVP. Hell even carson wentz was on his way to winning an MVP before he was hurt. Jared Goff went to a SB.

2 years ago dak could barely win without zeke. Last year he couldn't beat a winning team. He also couldn't beat out a depleted eagle team late in the year. We lost a division we had no business losing. What has dak won? Besides putting up stats against bad teams he's won two playoff games.

Frozen700

Reaction score
That is not the point

A great QB finds a way to overcome those issues and get his team past the finish line

We have to come to terms with the fact that Dak is not that QB. He will not be THE REASON we won despite other deficiencies

The end.

#DontpayDak

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers has a SB and an MVP. Russel Wilson has been to two super bowls, has an mvp. Mahomes won 3 straight playoff games in which his team was down in all. He's a SB champ and MVP. Lamar Jackson has an MVP. Hell even carson wentz was on his way to winning an MVP before he was hurt. Jared Goff went to a SB.

2 years ago dak could barely win without zeke. Last year he couldn't beat a winning team. He also couldn't beat out a depleted eagle team late in the year. We lost a division we had no business losing. What has dak won? Besides putting up stats against bad teams he's won two playoff games.
What's your point?

Because I replied to a poster who said "I can't imagine....." those guys scoring 3 points in a half. I was responding to that.

visionary

Reaction score
I have a strong feeling you and all the haters who liked your post probably never played the game. If you did, you very likely weren't that good enough to understand the intricacies of understanding the game of football and every position that is played within it.

i have a strong feeling that you have no idea what you are talking about

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
That is not the point

So great QBs go undefeated and never lose

Nav22

Reaction score
Obvious to anyone with half a brain and no clear bias against Dak.

Ranked 5th-best QB in Week 1 by PFF, 9th-best by Total QBR.

Nav22

Reaction score
Some teams have QBs you don't want to play against in the two minute drill, some teams do...

Not a single team fears Dak when the game is on the line...
Yeah, you wouldn’t have dared say this before 2019. He was one of the most clutch QBs in football from 2016-18. He’ll get back to that.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Obvious to anyone with half a brain and no clear bias against Dak.

Ranked 5th-best QB in Week 1 by PFF, 9th-best by Total QBR.
Do you happen to know how those rankings would change if Dak didn't have that TD pass? Sure he gets credit for it but that TD was all Zeke.

Good example of eye test vs stats with no context.

starfan1

Reaction score
Do you happen to know how those rankings would change if Dak didn't have that TD pass? Sure he gets credit for it but that TD was all Zeke.

Lol did watch mahomes tds ? Ya he gets credit for them but he dinked and dunked the majority of the night

just saying that argument lacks substance that how this **** works

Chuck 54

Reaction score
That is not the point

A big part of the problem was in a close game, Dak did what he should, taking what was given and not risking turnovers. Then when it became crunch time, time for a drive to tie or win the game, our last two possessions started on our own 12 and 9 yard lines....the final resulting in a first and 20 due to penalty.

Brax

Reaction score
I went through the game again last night and I have to say that after I was finished I actually found myself disappointed in many dak haters on this board.

First and foremost, The defense allowed some incredibly ridiculous long drives and owned the time of possession that left very little room for error.

Dak protected the ball and made some very nice throws and a run even though the offensive line afforded him zero time. Obviously our line was rated as one of the worst in the league from a pressure standpoint.

Dak was given a lackluster gameplan that gave us no real advantage. Mcvay knew we were going to bring a ton of pressure so he attacked us with short dump offs and nice blocking to take advantage of our pressure. We really did nothing to stop this most of the game and this is what ate up the clock. Why wouldn't the cowboys use more motion and mix play calling up better than what they did?

This leads me to the pandemic and how it messed with us being able to implement a new system. What we are seeing is similar to what we had last year and much of this can be blamed on not having more time to change things up and implement all the new designs and formations..

Dak played more than good enough to win this game, but once again, no coaching and scheme advantage, mixed with horrible offensive line play. If you look at a couple crucial drives where we didn't covert that would of put us in front, you will find Cooper dropping a perfectly thrown ball after a big hit, and you will also see Shultz drop a very important pass that he should of caught. This was a very good pass as well... Lets not forget Ceedee lamb making a rookie mistake and not running his route to the sticks on the 4th down play where Dak threw a perfect ball..

Dak also protected the football and throw an absolute beautiful ball to gallup that in most cases would of been called a completion. I watched this play over and over! Ramsey did indeed have his armed pinned before the ball arrived and Gallup reached into his chest to get away, but it wasn't a blatant push at all and the call should of never been made. This throw was pure clutch and perfectly executed and a crucial part of the game. If Gallup catches this ball we most likely win, or at least have a great chance..

After watching the game again, I came to the conclusion that Dak was one of the best players on that field on Sunday not named Zeke or Aaron Donald...

Quit getting sucked in by the media looking for ratings, or the guys on this forum that Hate Dak.. Any objective person that understands football can see the comedy of events that are happening that contributing to frustration with QB position. Dak gave us a great chance to win this game, I even dare say he played pretty darn good.. You don't believe me? Go back and watch the entire game again. Was he perfect? No, but the guy played pretty darn good.. I feel good about Dak, it's everyone else I worry about.. I think the Cowboys are just cursed if you want to be honest, I think the deal with the devil that Jerry made has run out.
Dak wasn’t the problem and he wasn’t the solution either. The poor D gave up 20 points the super O scored 17 but you have a whole set of excuses why it’s not Daks fault, it’s like the last 4 years never Dak , the OL the coaches the game plan, I watched the game twice Dak had 1 good quarter the other 3 average that = a loss. Can’t all the Dak lovers stop with excuses for him, he produced all of 17 points, that’s on Dak so yes he shoulders the blame more than anyone else.

Nav22

Reaction score

Okay, let’s rewrite history and pretend Zeke didn’t score there.

Dak ran the ball down to the 1-yard line before Zeke punched it in, so will you rewrite history to give Dak credit for Zeke’s rushing TD?

Better yet, let’s go around the league and analyze every single Pass TD so we know which ones count and which ones don’t.
:laugh:

Adreme

Reaction score
That is not the point

Aaron Rodgers was the best player in the NFL for about 8 years and he could not overcome the problem of having a bad OLine. So apparently by your own metric Aaron Rodgers is not a great player. Great QBs take what they have and get the most out of it, but if what you are given is no protection, then you are not going to be able to get much out of that.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Dak was definitely not the problem on Sunday.

He was let down by a mediocre offensive line, defense, and coaching.

DLaw’s penalty before the game even started set the tone for the night, and possibly the season.

and having a mediocre offensive line, defense and coaching is something new around these parts? That's just what any NFL quarterback has to deal with at some point in their career, which is why I keep pointing out that those have been much worse in the past and Dak should have to expect that. To be a successful quarterback in this franchise you have to be able to overcome challenges like that at some point in your career. That is why that excuse doesn't cut it for me.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

Hard to take your post serious now about playing the game giving you an edge in understanding the game over others, when you failed to grasp in another thread that Dak numbers would've been down compared to what they are now if he played in the 90's, when you compared him to Aikman. The concept of rules changes favoring wide receivers and quarterbacks over defensive players going over your head.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Hard to take your post serious now about playing the game giving you an edge in understanding the game over others, when you failed to grasp in another thread that Dak numbers would've been down compared to what they are now if he played in the 90's, when you compared him to Aikman. The concept of rules changes favoring wide receivers and quarterbacks over defensive players going over your head.
How old are you? I know what I know because I played through those football years. Dan Marino threw for over 5,000 yards in 1983. He went on to repeatedly throw for over 4,000+ yards per season many times until 1995, so don't give me your baloney how the QBs from those eras (80s and 90s) couldn't throw for as many yards as today's QBs. That's nothing but a bunch of bull.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I personally feel like Dak wasn’t the “problem”. He also just wasn’t the solution.

He played well. But that game required him to play great in order to win, and he didn’t do it.

He can play better than that.