I rewatched the Rams game and Dak was not the issue

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I went through the game again last night and I have to say that after I was finished I actually found myself disappointed in many dak haters on this board.

First and foremost, The defense allowed some incredibly ridiculous long drives and owned the time of possession that left very little room for error.

Dak protected the ball and made some very nice throws and a run even though the offensive line afforded him zero time. Obviously our line was rated as one of the worst in the league from a pressure standpoint.

Dak was given a lackluster gameplan that gave us no real advantage. Mcvay knew we were going to bring a ton of pressure so he attacked us with short dump offs and nice blocking to take advantage of our pressure. We really did nothing to stop this most of the game and this is what ate up the clock. Why wouldn't the cowboys use more motion and mix play calling up better than what they did?

This leads me to the pandemic and how it messed with us being able to implement a new system. What we are seeing is similar to what we had last year and much of this can be blamed on not having more time to change things up and implement all the new designs and formations..

Dak played more than good enough to win this game, but once again, no coaching and scheme advantage, mixed with horrible offensive line play. If you look at a couple crucial drives where we didn't covert that would of put us in front, you will find Cooper dropping a perfectly thrown ball after a big hit, and you will also see Shultz drop a very important pass that he should of caught. This was a very good pass as well... Lets not forget Ceedee lamb making a rookie mistake and not running his route to the sticks on the 4th down play where Dak threw a perfect ball..

Dak also protected the football and throw an absolute beautiful ball to gallup that in most cases would of been called a completion. I watched this play over and over! Ramsey did indeed have his armed pinned before the ball arrived and Gallup reached into his chest to get away, but it wasn't a blatant push at all and the call should of never been made. This throw was pure clutch and perfectly executed and a crucial part of the game. If Gallup catches this ball we most likely win, or at least have a great chance..

After watching the game again, I came to the conclusion that Dak was one of the best players on that field on Sunday not named Zeke or Aaron Donald...

Quit getting sucked in by the media looking for ratings, or the guys on this forum that Hate Dak.. Any objective person that understands football can see the comedy of events that are happening that contributing to frustration with QB position. Dak gave us a great chance to win this game, I even dare say he played pretty darn good.. You don't believe me? Go back and watch the entire game again. Was he perfect? No, but the guy played pretty darn good.. I feel good about Dak, it's everyone else I worry about.. I think the Cowboys are just cursed if you want to be honest, I think the deal with the devil that Jerry made has run out.

Give the man a $45 million contract for 5 years!!!!!!!

Ken

Reaction score
That is not the point

Every single team has issues of the kind you are bringing up

A great QB finds a way to overcome those issues and get his team past the finish line

Dak needs every other facet to be perfect for the team to win
That ain’t happening in the NFL against the best teams in the playoffs

We have to come to terms with the fact that Dak is not that QB. He will not be THE REASON we won despite other deficiencies
It's like you didnt even read the post.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That is not the point

A great QB finds a way to overcome those issues and get his team past the finish line

We have to come to terms with the fact that Dak is not that QB. He will not be THE REASON we won despite other deficiencies

Yes, Dak is supposed to tackle, block, and catch. Throwing the ball and leading the offense, is not enough to win games.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Well I've never really go the whole Moore craze to be honest. It feels a bit much like Garrett 2.0 to me, except he doesn't have a legendary thanksgiving day game to make people nostalgic enough to wish him success. :)
The first 3 games last year made me think WOW, this guys got something but as soon as he knows we are playing a team that’s not a layup he is afraid to run anything that may draw a presnap penalty. He wants something with a high percentage of execution. I blamed JG for this but now I am seeing real quick.If you don’t call them during the games then we won’t get better at executing it.

We will see how good our new coach is soon. Because he may have to take over the playcalling.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I’m sorry but I can’t imagine mahomes or Wilson or Rodgers or even old man Brees under center here and us only scoring 3 points in a half

Dak tells me that his teams will score 6 points every second half of he gets $45 million for 5 years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That is not the point

Asking for a formidable offensive line to block their man is "perfect"? You guys need to come to grips that this Cowboys team has NEVER been perfect and has never been a great team aside from 2014 and 2016. Its been in a decline ever since and fans need to come to grips with that.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Dak was definitely not the problem on Sunday.

He was let down by a mediocre offensive line, defense, and coaching.

DLaw’s penalty before the game even started set the tone for the night, and possibly the season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m sorry but I can’t imagine mahomes or Wilson or Rodgers or even old man Brees under center here and us only scoring 3 points in a half

Wilson scored 3 points against the Ravens on Sunday Oct 20, 2019.
Brees scored 3 points against the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday Nov 10, 2019.
Aaron Rodgers did it....oh I'm sorry he actually scored 0 points in the 1st half of the 49ers game on Sunday Nov 24, 2019. Also did it against the Bears on Thursday Sep 5, 2019 and scored 0 points in the 1st half of the Chargers game....
MAhomes scored 3 points in the 2nd half of the Colts game on Sunday Oct 6, 2019.

:star:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Asking for a formidable offensive line to block their man is "perfect"? You guys need to come to grips that this Cowboys team has NEVER been perfect and has never been a great team aside from 2014 and 2016. Its been in a decline ever since and fans need to come to grips with that.

lol...sounds like the story of my life...

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I went through the game again last night and I have to say that after I was finished I actually found myself disappointed in many dak haters on this board.

First and foremost, The defense allowed some incredibly ridiculous long drives and owned the time of possession that left very little room for error.

Dak protected the ball and made some very nice throws and a run even though the offensive line afforded him zero time. Obviously our line was rated as one of the worst in the league from a pressure standpoint.

Dak was given a lackluster gameplan that gave us no real advantage. Mcvay knew we were going to bring a ton of pressure so he attacked us with short dump offs and nice blocking to take advantage of our pressure. We really did nothing to stop this most of the game and this is what ate up the clock. Why wouldn't the cowboys use more motion and mix play calling up better than what they did?

This leads me to the pandemic and how it messed with us being able to implement a new system. What we are seeing is similar to what we had last year and much of this can be blamed on not having more time to change things up and implement all the new designs and formations..

Dak played more than good enough to win this game, but once again, no coaching and scheme advantage, mixed with horrible offensive line play. If you look at a couple crucial drives where we didn't covert that would of put us in front, you will find Cooper dropping a perfectly thrown ball after a big hit, and you will also see Shultz drop a very important pass that he should of caught. This was a very good pass as well... Lets not forget Ceedee lamb making a rookie mistake and not running his route to the sticks on the 4th down play where Dak threw a perfect ball..

Dak also protected the football and throw an absolute beautiful ball to gallup that in most cases would of been called a completion. I watched this play over and over! Ramsey did indeed have his armed pinned before the ball arrived and Gallup reached into his chest to get away, but it wasn't a blatant push at all and the call should of never been made. This throw was pure clutch and perfectly executed and a crucial part of the game. If Gallup catches this ball we most likely win, or at least have a great chance..

After watching the game again, I came to the conclusion that Dak was one of the best players on that field on Sunday not named Zeke or Aaron Donald...

Quit getting sucked in by the media looking for ratings, or the guys on this forum that Hate Dak.. Any objective person that understands football can see the comedy of events that are happening that contributing to frustration with QB position. Dak gave us a great chance to win this game, I even dare say he played pretty darn good.. You don't believe me? Go back and watch the entire game again. Was he perfect? No, but the guy played pretty darn good.. I feel good about Dak, it's everyone else I worry about.. I think the Cowboys are just cursed if you want to be honest, I think the deal with the devil that Jerry made has run out.

Our Great Leader managed 3 pts in the 2nd half.
Not much to say after that is there....

Wood

Reaction score

He is the issue because Dallas simply doesn't beat good teams with him as QB. You can dissect it all you want but results are same for past 20 months - zero wins against teams with winning record. Dak might be good fit on team who always has good defense like teams like Steelers, Ravens but I don't think Dak has capability to outscore alot of QBs in NFL. I want to be clear, I am not talking about Dak taking a reduced contract...rather I am saying he is awful fit for construction of this team because this team needs to score alot of points.

DFWJC

Reaction score

wow

Can't say I've been bashing Dak after this game.

But man, talking about handing him a little pacifier and babying the guy.

You made just about every excuse imaginable there...almost everybody else's fault BUT Dak

We watched the same game that you did. Maybe you need to watch that 2nd half again

johneric8

Reaction score
wow

Can't say I've been bashing Dak after this game.

But man, talking about handing him a little pacifier and babying the guy.

You made just about every excuse imaginable there...almost everybody else's fault BUT Dak

We watched the same game that you did. Maybe you need to watch that 2nd half again
The problem with your argument is that Jack played a pretty damn good game! They didn't lose because of him just accept it.. you don't like dak, you can't be objective it's pretty sad.

Praxit

Reaction score
.... I knew Dak wasn't the problem. But those expensive checks running around in Twilight ZOne. ..;)

DFWJC

Reaction score
The problem with your argument is that Jack played a pretty damn good game! They didn't lose because of him just accept it.. you don't like dak, you can't be objective it's pretty sad.
I like Dak just fine. Always have.
Just being objective

blueblood70

Reaction score

this wasn't necessary we've been discussing it all week but if you feel the need..

here it comes,

no one truly is saying dak sucked or lost the game because of him..

heres the issues he did nothing special or spectacular..he didnt go win the game and that shultz play not really drop wasn't a great throw either both are at fault IMHO, the throw to CeeDEE on 4th and 3 wasn't thrown far enough toward sideline , many people saw it ..

just like the end of many games last year, especially MN Fans can come in here and blame others and coaches, Dak may not be at fault but he sure didnt work any magic and that the issue with a QB on the FT who wants to get paid ,like an élite qb..he will get more dissected because of this..far more heats coming as the contract is looming..

austin88

Reaction score

I thought Dak was very sharp in the first half. The biggest issue in the second was definitely the pass rush (obviously, the line struggled), and two scoring opportunities were blown up by (i) Schultz's two screw-ups in the red-zone, and (ii) the OPI call on the beautiful deep ball to Gallup.

That said, the one thing that I will criticize Dak for in this game was the lack of improvisation. If the line is getting blown up (and they were), he's got to use his feet to keep plays alive, rather than just be a stationary pocket passer. That really only works consistently against pressure if the team's passing game is designed around short, quick options (like the Rams' was), which ours obviously isn't. That kind of improvisation is a big part of what makes Wilson and (old? current?) Rodgers special. Dak doesn't have to be those guys, but he needs more of that in his game than he showed Sunday.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
It’s the same with Romo. He may not have been the main reason for the loss, but he did play a part in it and he didn’t do enough to overcome other player’s mistakes. When you take up the lion’s share of the salary cap, then you need to help overcome weaknesses.

This team won’t win unless their best players stop playing just good enough to have excuses made for them and start being reasons why the team actually won.