I rewatched the Rams game and Dak was not the issue

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It's never Dak's fault.
It's always the defense's fault.

Except ...

The defense has how many No. 1 picks on it?
2 - a brittle linebacker who likely shouldn't have been picked in the first and a player who has been out of the league for 5 years.

Meanwhile, our offense has 5 No. 1 picks and 3 receivers who are supposed to take the top off defenses and the best back in football - arguably.

Our offense was supposed to score 30 to 40 points a game (or so some overly enthusiastic and giddy Cowboys fans assumed), and yet, our defense held the Rams to 20 points.

And, once again, the wannabe $40 million man produced 3 points in the second half and 17 overall.

And the defense is at fault? :laugh:

dfense

Reaction score
I watched Kyler Murray manage his offense pretty good. Wasn't the most productive, but was patient and picked his spots. He was up against the 49ers rush and he managed to win the game when the opportunity presented itself. I noticed he already sees the field pretty good in just his second year.

On a side note, ticked me off he had 100 yards rushing (fantasy points threshold) the proceeds to do two -4 yard shotgun kneel downs. Finishes with 92 yards rushing. Who does shotgun kneel downs?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
No, can’t blame Dak. But when will we be able to give him credit for winning these type of games. If you want to be one of the top paid QB.

We can certainly give Goff much credit for winning.
Lol Dak played better than Goff and lost. IDK what to tell you. That's why it's a team game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I watched Kyler Murray manage his offense pretty good. Wasn't the most productive, but was patient and picked his spots. He was up against the 49ers rush and he managed to win the game when the opportunity presented itself. I noticed he already sees the field pretty good in just his second year.

On a side note, ticked me off he had 100 yards rushing (fantasy points threshold) the proceeds to do two -4 yard shotgun kneel downs. Finishes with 92 yards rushing. Who does shotgun kneel downs?
Yea, I’d take any QB in NFC West over Dak.

jsb357

Reaction score
The defense allowed some incredibly ridiculous long drives and owned the time of possession that left very little room for error.

Yet the defense allowed only 20 points.

They looked bad at times but held up their end of the bargain.

Moore, Big Mike and and the offence led by Dak did not.

3 points in the second half?

you gotta be kidding me.

glimmerman

Reaction score
No, can’t blame Dak. But when will we be able to give him credit for winning these type of games. If you want to be one of the top paid QB.

Dak has had lots of game winning drives. Not defending him but that throw to Gallup was money. If no flag we likey win. Then would people be giving him credit for pulling it out or saying he should have been doing it all game long. I am not a lover or hater of him. This game was for sure a team failure. I saw a few passes that could be better. And apparently he is going to have to roll himself out. Moore can’t seem to call a designed roll out or notice that we were killing them using play action.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I was expecting more obviously. From Dak to the staff. We were stunned when the rams with the refs help drove straight down the field and score a TD. We went very vanilla and never turned it up. The second half was to conservative from playcalling. Maybe Dak is gonna have to take it in his own hands and call more audibles. Roll out instead of playing in the pocket.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yet the defense allowed only 20 points.

They looked bad at times but held up their end of the bargain.

Moore, Big Mike and and the offence led by Dak did not.

3 points in the second half?

you gotta be kidding me.
I can’t disagree and something has to be done. If I am MM then I have it turned up this week. If Dak cant handle it then let’s find out. I really think he can. All his deep throws were on the money. Let it loose. We will get a lot of PI calls if the passes stay on target.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak has had lots of game winning drives. Not defending him but that throw to Gallup was money. If no flag we likey win. Then would people be giving him credit for pulling it out or saying he should have been doing it all game long. I am not a lover or hater of him. This game was for sure a team failure. I saw a few passes that could be better. And apparently he is going to have to roll himself out. Moore can’t seem to call a designed roll out or notice that we were killing them using play action.
That would have been a great pass if it counted. Results matter.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

Why is it so hard for some people to admit that everybody except for Aldon Smith and Zeke had an off night. Dak wasn't the reason we lost, but he too deserve some of the blame as the rest of the team for the loss. The Rams had a reason to dink and dunk, because it was part of their game plan, given that we have good pass rushers but are thin in the secondary. Dak did not have a reason to dink and dunk, which is fair criticism for him, for this game. And no, this game does not define the season, the team, or dak. It is just one game. But in games like this, where I only see two people shining, I like to blame the rest of the team in whole, and not make any excuses for anyone, even if I'm a fan. I don't like this blame shifting that people do around here.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I know. He has it on his side. We need about 5 deep passes on single coverage per game. If he stays on then it will draw flags. Just have our guys keep there hands to themselves.
I’m not sure why he or we don’t go downfield field more often? He’s going to have to learn to move out of the pocket if necessary to extend the play if needed.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Why is it so hard for some people to admit that everybody except for Aldon Smith and Zeke had an off night. Dak wasn't the reason we lost, but he too deserve some of the blame as the rest of the team for the loss. The Rams had a reason to dink and dunk, because it was part of their game plan, given that we have good pass rushes but are thin in the secondary. Dak did not have a reason to dink and dunk, which is fair criticism for him, for this game. And no, this game does not define the season, the team, or dak. It is just one game. But in games like this, where I only see two people shining, I like to blame the rest of the team in whole, and not make any excuses for anyone, even if I'm a fan. I don't like this blame shifting that people do around here.
Dak runs the Offense he will automatically get and take most of the blame. I want to see Moore step up and take some damn blame. His playcalling is no better than linehans conservative pass happy stuff. Elliot was running hard.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I’m not sure why he or we don’t go downfield field more often? He’s going to have to learn to move out of the pocket if necessary to extend the play if needed.
Thats what I was screaming at the TV all night. He didn’t hear me but my wife yelled at me. I know he wasn’t getting much time in the pocket but it’s in him to move out of the pocket. And when he does it’s usually a big play. Moore better give him some roll out plays.

Oh and a little misdirection would go A LONG WAY..

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Dak runs the Offense he will automatically get and take most of the blame. I want to see Moore step up and take some damn blame. His playcalling is no better than linehans conservative pass happy stuff. Elliot was running hard.

Well I've never really go the whole Moore craze to be honest. It feels a bit much like Garrett 2.0 to me, except he doesn't have a legendary thanksgiving day game to make people nostalgic enough to wish him success. :)