I said we'd lose to the Jets, but what do I know

Froski

Reaction score
There was 50/50 chance that you're either wrong or right.

If the cowboys won, this thread wouldn't have existed.

Didn't even read your post. I could smell the bs through the monitor.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
All I did was get bashed while alot of you thumped your chest about how bad the jets are and how this was a "get right game".

We do not have a good team.

Blame it on the injuries all you want. All that does is make Dak look bad as the guy need a damn all-star cast just to stay consistant.

Seriously, what was going on in the minds of you posters who actually believed we would steamroll the jets?

You guys may think being involved in fantasy sports has nothing to do with actually football play, but I studied both these teams for a whole week starting last monday to prepare for a cash game.

Sadly everything pointed to the cowboys losing which is why last Wednesday I made a post about it. I then got bashed.

On the bright side my lineups cashed:). On the not so bright side I had to roster mostly jets to do it.

Fading cooper and Rostering darnold over Dak imo was an insane thing to do.

I knew we'd lose after 5 days of looking at both these teams situations.

I predicted we would lose 17 to 15. I was spot-on about the point spread, but not the final score. This is a fools gold team. It does just enough to give you hope and then plays like crap. It will play well enough to get us a mediocre draft position, but not be a champion.

cern

Reaction score
Hey Cern what's happening, I see that Garrett is still the coach, man Jerry really loves his YES men!
there is a place for loyalty, but this isn't it. I am predicting a meltdown as the team gets tired of garrett. they already demonstrated it to a degree by walking past him and not shaking his hand as he reached out to them after a failed defensive stand. and I hope it happens sooner rather than later. a loss to the eagles will probably be the camel back breaking straw. jerry will never respond to the fans, but he will to the team.

CoachD

Reaction score
there is a place for loyalty, but this isn't it. I am predicting a meltdown as the team gets tired of garrett. they already demonstrated it to a degree by walking past him and not shaking his hand as he reached out to them after a failed defensive stand. and I hope it happens sooner rather than later. a loss to the eagles will probably be the camel back breaking straw. jerry will never respond to the fans, but he will to the team.

Jones should fire the bum now! Why wait until the by week, I mean what does that accomplish? The Cowboys need a major kick in the *** and the 10 year experiment aint it!

CoachD

Reaction score
Predicting that the Cowboys would lose to the Jets was stupid.

Because EVERYONE knows that the Cowboys are guaranteed to win! BAHAHAHAHHA! Total team meltdown. Their new slogan should be the meltdown of destruction!

CB61

Reaction score
All I did was get bashed while alot of you thumped your chest about how bad the jets are and how this was a "get right game".

Blame it on the injuries all you want. All that does is make Dak look bad as the guy need a damn all-star cast just to stay consistant.

Seriously, what was going on in the minds of you posters who actually believed we would steamroll the jets?

You guys may think being involved in fantasy sports has nothing to do with actually football play, but I studied both these teams for a whole week starting last monday to prepare for a cash game.

Sadly everything pointed to the cowboys losing which is why last Wednesday I made a post about it. I then got bashed.

On the bright side my lineups cashed:). On the not so bright side I had to roster mostly jets to do it.

I was right there with you saying it was a possibility I even went as far as to say that Dallas couldn't beat some college teams and some snowflake on here reply back with do I use mouthwash and if I don't I should whatever the hell that means so I was right there with you as much as I didn't like it I knew it was a great possibility

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I said it as well. My guess was actually pretty spot on. I said Jets would win 24-21 ;). Maybe I should predict more often.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Wrong. It actually makes Dak look good. Look at his stats. All while playing behind an injured/porous Oline, injured/underperforming WRs and very questionable playcalling against 3 very good Defenses. Imagine how much better Dak's numbers would be if everyone else around him played up to their potential?
:facepalm:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Nobody on this team is getting a pass for what's been happening the last few weeks. Everyone is to blame!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Ha ha ha! Little man syndrome!
Awesome!
You are my new friend!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Not really bragging. Ok this is what I seen as I looked at these teams.

-Darnold coming back will have the jets playing better on offense with the cowboys defense struggling as of late.

-Dak will struggle with oline injuries which will benefit the jets defense.

-the cowboys have been generous to TEs with jaylon and LVE mia. Herndon is out which will make griffin a strong play and darnold loves the check down to either the TE or crowder(see week 1). Hindsight: Griffin scored me 12 points. I faded Witten because dak is not as friendly as darnold with the TE.

-Fade cooper (he will not perform the same with a lingering injury. I will trust a healthier crowder more as a check down for darnold). I said earlier in the week I'd rather the cowboys rest cooper vs the jets. I still think they should rest him vs the eagles then you have the bye. (Two weeks to heal)

-CB's have been struggling so I gave exposure to Anderson over Gallup. I had to ask who would I trust with the homerun ball. It was a toss up because I also know the cowboys are on and off with defense. Darnold caught the cowboys on a off day. Had time to throw the ball.

Etc......

There are about two pages of notes I had taken and too much to post.

Although the notes where for fantasy purposes......I eventually had a moment were I told myself.......oh crap.....were gonna lose to the 0-4 jets.

Besides that, dont you find it a little disturbing that this team can be easily figured out?

The problem with you guys is that you believed the cowboys would rebound.

The cowboys are not a team that will rebound with injuries and bad coaching.

A hobbled cooper, oline injuries, and struggling defense.

Congratulations,bro!
How much in "cash" did yer' soup can sleuthin' render out at, Sam?
* Should you care to take notice? I'd crossed to the opposite side of the street ,that pre-game score prediction was on, kinda' like that one streetwalker hooker I'd hired one time(,lmoa,) she'd see me coming & flat out head in the opposite direction, (lmao)guess I'd overworked it in an indelible manner,,,she was a goodlooking tall slim black gal, about the prettiest one I'd ever saw.

smitty313

Reaction score
I saw your post title and avoided it like a bad cold coming on. I felt like we were in trouble and could lose. That feeling started after the first half of the Miami game!
I started getting really worried when I heard Fishsports on the radio a day or 2 before the game laughing off that this could be a trap game

Verdict

Reaction score

You were spot on. But several people said the Cowboys would have trouble with the Jets schematically.