I see that we are in 1st in NFC East

silvernblu

Reaction score
The Cowboys are 10-3 too. The Cardinals game was a tough break like the Eagles losing to the Jets and 49ers losing to Minnesota and Cleveland. What kills the Cowboys is their strength of schedule. We played Carolina while the Eagles played Tampa.
Yes. I started crunching numbers on strength of victory tiebreaker. There’s no realistic way to win that. It got worse with San Diego loss last night.

phildadon86

Reaction score
That makes it better? Losing to the Josh Dobbs Cardinals was easily avoidable - it's the only game they won with him. Pretend that's not the fly in the ointment if you must.

The Eagles are 10-3. Most teams have lost to them.
People forget we were missing THREE offensive lineman in that game and to top that off they just lost diggs for the season.

Take away kelce Johnson and the eagles left tackle they lose that game too

silvernblu

Reaction score
LoL of course the Cardinals loss is the issue. You can lose against the Eagles this season you know. We should have never been anywhere near a loss against the Cardinals though. This was an embarrassment at its best and will be the bite in the arse if it doesn't work out.

With that being said, we actually can win all remaining regular season games and the Eagles can very well lose a game. So let's see how it all pans out.
By this time next week, there would actually be a chance to clinch division.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LoL of course the Cardinals loss is the issue. You can lose against the Eagles this season you know. We should have never been anywhere near a loss against the Cardinals though. This was an embarrassment at its best and will be the bite in the arse if it doesn't work out.

With that being said, we actually can win all remaining regular season games and the Eagles can very well lose a game. So let's see how it all pans out.
You can lose to Philly but not the Cardinals in a game you got outplayed and your linemen were out?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
People forget we were missing THREE offensive lineman in that game and to top that off they just lost diggs for the season.

Take away kelce Johnson and the eagles left tackle they lose that game too
Exactly. It was a bad loss and yeah maybe we arrogantly thought we could miss three linemen and win but Cardinals are still a professional team and Dobbs was lights out that game.

Flamma

Reaction score
That makes it better? Losing to the Josh Dobbs Cardinals was easily avoidable - it's the only game they won with him. Pretend that's not the fly in the ointment if you must.

I get your point. But the Cards kicked our butts. The Eagles game was right there for the taking, and we blew it. First and goal from the 6 and we coughed up a hairball!

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
You can lose to Philly but not the Cardinals in a game you got outplayed and your linemen were out?
You can lose against a contender but shouldn't against one of the worst teams this year, if you're serious about that #1 seed. Now with three wins they can still dodge that bullet but that Arizona game was just a big no no. They got 33,3% of their wins against us lol.

bottleKids

Reaction score
IF and a big one, we can beat the Bills and Dolphins, I honestly think we will win the division and maybe even the No.1 seed. I'm not convinced the Eagles and 49ers can run the table. Our final two games against the Lions ( at home ) and Commanders are very winnable. BUT again, we have to take care of the Bills and Dolphins first.
I am with you on the Eagles not running the table, but I am a bit confused why you think Dallas can win out, but nont the 49ers? I hope you are right btw... just not as sure about the Niners losing again if they dodge injuries.

Eagles are frauds, and will most likely lost Monday night, or even once to the Giants.

CCBoy

Reaction score
It's correct at the moment. If both teams win out the Eagles take the division. Look no further than the Cardinals loss early this season.
No look no farther than your own lack of support. The team has 3 losses and that ties for the top rung as to defeats... I can't believe you guys go no farther than complain about the Cowboys. The result then and as you WELL know as non-stop complainers, was due to the offensive line not having any time together for well over a year. Sometimes you need to just quit complaining rather than what has been going on since off season and ignoring real improvements.

Step on up and predict what this weekend's score will be for Dallas. Let's see if your mouth is where your wallet sits!

CCBoy

Reaction score

You are at least supportive or what already is a strong and successful Dallas team. There almost is no way this team doesn't reach a 12 win season for the 3rd such in a row. :starspin:

I don't even like to listen to a bunch of cry babies letting onto about a Cardinal loss now. The progressions have long been in view

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I can see both points. I think the Cardinals are better than their record, I think Eagles aren’t as good as their record. Either way we were one win away from not being in this position.

CCBoy

Reaction score
It is just a technicality that right now Dallas has the lead. We just need to remember that Dallas needs to win out and hope someone beats the Eagles in the last stretch of the season.

But yeah, I kinda agree with you that the rest of the season will be played, so it is kind of like Philly is in the lead right now.
You don't think there isn't enough doubt raised with two consecutive losses in a row? I sure do and don't feel handicapped. Three straight 12 win seasons lines up Dallas with some of the very strongest of teams historically based upon that factor as a standard. It may be a touch lower now due to the added games...but that is still top of pack area. I'll just live with that projection. The only real objectional team in the future projection remains San Francisco.

You don't think Dallas won't be able to confront the Eagles then, with a loss in the next 4 games, take them out again? I won't set the brakes even with a #5 slot.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
You are at least supportive or what already is a strong and successful Dallas team. There almost is no way this team doesn't reach a 12 win season for the 3rd such in a row. :starspin:

I don't even like to listen to a bunch of cry babies letting onto about a Cardinal loss now. The progressions have long been in view
Well one can name the mistakes this team made while at the same time know about it's strengths. Imo there has been clearly a lot of progress since that Cardinals game. I doubt they'd beat us again. So as for now I'm pretty confident that we can still win the race for the division. My dad always said "you're out when you're out and not a second earlier". That's how I see it.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I was under the impression that we needed to beat the Eagles AND have them lose again to be ahead of them for the Division. But the graphic on Prime shows us already in 1st, is this correct??? TIA!
In essence we each have lost 1 division game, but we’ve won one more at the moment. If they beat SEA this week and NYG in two weeks, they take first place

CCBoy

Reaction score
Well one can name the mistakes this team made while at the same time know about it's strengths. Imo there has been clearly a lot of progress since that Cardinals game. I doubt they'd beat us again. So as for now I'm pretty confident that we can still win the race for the division. My dad always said "you're out when you're out and not a second earlier". That's how I see it.
One judges the entire road traveled if he is to do that itself...judge it. Don't listen to Rudy Guiloani imputs...he can't afford to pay attention right now.

Your Dad was a smart man as are you now also...