I see that we are in 1st in NFC East

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Dallas is currently 4-1 in division. Philly is 3-1.

If they both win out, both will be 5-1 in division.

The tiebraker that separates them then in conference wins. Which philly will have an edge.
False. The next tie breaker is record vs common opponents. Which is why a loss to the Seahawks would be huge this week.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You can lose against a contender but shouldn't against one of the worst teams this year, if you're serious about that #1 seed. Now with three wins they can still dodge that bullet but that Arizona game was just a big no no. They got 33,3% of their wins against us lol.
I just see it different. They were off that day. You guys think they shouldn’t have a bad loss despite everyone having one?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
You don't think there isn't enough doubt raised with two consecutive losses in a row? I sure do and don't feel handicapped. Three straight 12 win seasons lines up Dallas with some of the very strongest of teams historically based upon that factor as a standard. It may be a touch lower now due to the added games...but that is still top of pack area. I'll just live with that projection. The only real objectional team in the future projection remains San Francisco.

You don't think Dallas won't be able to confront the Eagles then, with a loss in the next 4 games, take them out again? I won't set the brakes even with a #5 slot.
I didn’t say a thing about how likely or unlikely anything is. A lot could happen.

Flamma

Reaction score
False. The next tie breaker is record vs common opponents. Which is why a loss to the Seahawks would be huge this week.
But the Eagles will get that right back if they beat Arizona. Philly losing to Seatle is only good for the Cowboys if the Cowboys win out. We're not winning any tie breaker.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
But the Eagles will get that right back if they beat Arizona. Philly losing to Seatle is only good for the Cowboys if the Cowboys win out. We're not winning any tie breaker.
If we win out and Seattle beats the Eagles we win the division. That's almost our only chance either way. I don't see the Giants beating the Eagles but realistically that would be the best case scenario as it allows us one loss as long as the loss isn't to Washington.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Phill
The Cardinals loss isn’t the issue they got dominated that game. The issue is that first Philly meeting. They had that game on their hand.
With 7 minutes left in the 4th Q they were up by 11. Saying that we had that game on their hand is a bit misleading. We had to make a frantic comeback to even make it close.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I was under the impression that we needed to beat the Eagles AND have them lose again to be ahead of them for the Division. But the graphic on Prime shows us already in 1st, is this correct??? TIA!
We are tied for 1st but the tie breaker at this point goes to Filthydelphia They have a better divisional record we have to win one more game than they do or hope they lose to NY

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Phill

With 7 minutes left in the 4th Q they were up by 11. Saying that we had that game on their hand is a bit misleading. We had to make a frantic comeback to even make it close.
They were on the 5 yard line lol and follows it up with a sack and a false start lol.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
They were on the 5 yard line lol and follows it up with a sack and a false start lol.
Right the cowboys desperate come back almost worked, but came up short…

I thought that game was over early in the fourth quarter… then the Eagles four minute offence failed miserably a couple times in a row… But to imply that we should’ve won that game is a little much…

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I thought that game was over early in the fourth quarter… then the Eagles four minute offence failed miserably a couple times in a row… But to imply that we should’ve won that game is a little much…
They should’ve won they literally outplayed them lol. They got more yards than them lol. Did you watch the game?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
That makes it better? Losing to the Josh Dobbs Cardinals was easily avoidable - it's the only game they won with him. Pretend that's not the fly in the ointment if you must.

The Eagles are 10-3. Most teams have lost to them.
It's easy to say. But then I think about the fact we had three green offensive linemen manning the middle of the OL. So, that would hurt almost any team.

Brooksey

Reaction score
That makes it better? Losing to the Josh Dobbs Cardinals was easily avoidable - it's the only game they won with him. Pretend that's not the fly in the ointment if you must.

The Eagles are 10-3. Most teams have lost to them.
We were missing most of our starting offensive line.

Flamma

Reaction score

Why is that a little much? What happened in the rest of the game is meaningless. If you have a 1st and goal from the 6, you expect to win. I certainly wouldn't want to be the defense in that situation. That's what people call dodging a bullet.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
If we win out and Seattle beats the Eagles we win the division. That's almost our only chance either way. I don't see the Giants beating the Eagles but realistically that would be the best case scenario as it allows us one loss as long as the loss isn't to Washington.
We are talking about both teams winning out. Eagles would edge out with tiebreaker based on conference record.